Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cabal online is ban happy

Well where to begin.

One of my friends that played cabal for about 8 months got his account hacked and he lost all his items.

He went to the help desk to see if they could retrieve his items. Well guess what happened. They banned his account.

Is that not messed up he gets hacked and they ban him.

Another friend had his account banned for pking people. Thats just plain stupid to ban an account for pking people.

If you didnt want to be pked then go to a non pk server duh.

I had played for over 6months with 420 in my name many of GM had seen it they gave me the GM buff  so I know they saw it.

I went out pking and some one got butt hurt and complained to the help desk about my name I guess.

So they changed the 420 to 024 wich really made me mad.

I went and complained to the help desk and guess what happened yup I got banned.

They said that the 420 was inappropiate because it is a refference to weed.

A few of my other friends had 420 in there name like one was name Blunt420 and the other was joint420 well they changed the 420 but not the blunt or joint. I ask you doesnt blunt or joint refeer to it more?  But those were not changed.

They complained to the help desk and yup you got it they got banned.

Here is a reply from them.

This is NOT a democracy, this is NOT a public place...WE OWN all the servers, characters, accounts, items, mobs and NPCs etc, etc! They are PROPRERTY of OGPLANET...again, READ THE USER AGREEMENT...therefore we do not have to follow the laws as any public place. Also, there is NO FREEDOM of SPEECH here, you CANNOT just go about saying anything you please...again, READ THE GUIDELINES.

Wow did I wake up in Korea or somthing ?

This is a  North America game as far as I know America is still a democracy.

And well the internet is a public domain and the game is available to the public.

I think some laws need to be made so mmorpg players have some rights and these games that we all pay real money for in their item shops and what not can not just do what ever they want.

So if you like spending money and time to lvl your char to 150  just to get banned for somthing stupid then play Cabal.

Comments

• raven1281raven1281 Member Posts: 2

I played cabal for about 6 months and nothing was ever said about my name by GM's and then they decide to change it. And when I complained about it they banned me and sent me a vulgar email similar to smokies. I agree a MMO owner can make any stupid excuse to ban people, so they can be can't be accused of exploiting money. If there was something wrong with my name something should have been done several months before I spend time and money on the game. I agree 100% some kind of rights need to be set for the players. I will not play any MMO again until some players right or laws are set to protect the players.

Ask yourself this. If MMO's arent scamming people then why do they all need a legal agreement to state they can do what they want when they want? Answer: So you cant prosecute them for altering or banning you account to force you to spend more time and money to change or remake your charecter. MMO's are a SCAM!!!

• umbrellagirlumbrellagirl Member Posts: 3

You agreed to a Terms of Service when you started playing the game. lol? And then you get pissy when they hold you to it? That's kind of... dumb. 

• kayceedkayceed Member Posts: 5

Most people don't read the Terms of Agreement. But I agree that those rules are pretty ridiculous. An example of very poor customer service.

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Originally posted by umbrellagirl

You agreed to a Terms of Service when you started playing the game. lol? And then you get pissy when they hold you to it? That's kind of... dumb. 

NO MMO has "Your not aloud to complain or question any actions of the authorities" in their Terms of Service, and that's what they got banned for. Sound like some 13 year old going "QQ MOAR NUB *presses ban button*". Thats possibly the worst buisness action any customer service can pull. And in a game with PvP servers banning people for PvP, this game doesn't have much longer to live.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Yeah well OG Planet is right, They Own The data, and they own the money, If you dont like it, You can always setup your own private cabal server, or something. Personally I hate Companies like this, And Thanks for letting me know, Becuase I paid OG planet probabily over $700 USd in cash total. They own the data, and it maybe no freedom of speech in their servers, but out here on this site, and other websites they dont own them, and we have our rights to say any damn thing we want to, or complain to anyone we want.  Check and see if  the Company has a BBB.ORG website, if they do, then file a complaint with the BBB, inform the public of exactly what happend in masses, Take snapshots, and proof if you can. They own the data, but America is freedom of speech, and if they want to lawsuite you for saying something about their company let them lol, people have tried that with me before. So I personally say just stay away from OG planet they charge way too much for their games, and everything. They wont be around forever, with all the new MMO's being released. They have also lost a lot of players already too.

http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/OGPlanet-100039222   File a complaint with the BBB website about their service.

I know you agreed to a terms of service, But Sometimes I even step out of the TOS myself for revenge agaisnt companies in the virtual world. You know what I say Personally. If its posted online its public properity.

Goverment Isseud Gamer Cards? These would keep U.S Online games in check to make sure that they all followed the exact same terms of service, and also keep botters out from our U.S Games, ect. If your account gets banned, That is it, no rerolling new accounts to cheat ect. This would help in many different ways, and In return each game company would have to Have   excelent Customer Service, and be bound by certain regulations and reviews themselfs. This is the only way to get certain rights.

You could always SUE OG planet for Ruining your Pursit OF Happyness, or something crazy like that lol.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

A bit of confusion about the OP.

If you got banned for politely complaining the the help desk (via emai) then getting banned seems to be a bit harsh.

If you publically complained about your issue in an open forum, then it might have grounds for a forum ban. 

Surprised to see them ban customers who regularly purchase from the item shop.  Then again, did you actually buy anything or were you a freeloader?  I guess if you hadn't spent much they might figure, eh, who cares whether this person plays the game. (Trust me, they call them F2P's but you aren't supposed to play them that way)

As for being banned for PKing, realize that in some games they take a dim view of "griefing", especially if its a higher level player routinely camping and griefing newer players and action is taken to prevent it.  You want hardcore, play  a game like Darkfall or EVE where they don't really care much about it.

Just seems like there's some 'facts' missing from the OP because the story overall doesn't add up in these cases.

As for name violoations, glad they nailed you.  I hate bad names in MMO"s, especially drug references, I tend to block those folks just out of generarl principle.  Learn to make acceptable names and save all of us the trouble.  (Yes, I am a name nazi, no reason to call me out, won't change my opinion on the subject)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

you know thats one thing i never understood if your paying to play the game or have spent money on the game in any way at all then thier whole we ban you for whatever the hell we feel like is retarted you pay for the opputunity to play the game therefore you have as much right to complain

they may own the game but you own the right to a decent treatment by the ppl who made the game and if your being treated like shit you have the right to complain and any company that acts holier then thou well your right wont last long at all

and if 420 is bad ive seen much worse like pedophilerus in aion and i think there are a couple of really bad guild names like get in the van i have candy  so its not f2p but utimatly ive seen way worse its pretty pathetic what some games allow and others dont frankly as far as im concerned who cares what your name is lets face it if everyone did then ppl would be whining his name is carebear or freakshow  ban him now

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Renoaku

http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/OGPlanet-100039222   File a complaint with the BBB website about their service.
    You could always SUE OG planet for Ruining your Pursit OF Happyness, or something crazy like that lol.

The Better Business Bureau has no say or authority over businesses.

As for following the lawsuit advice, prepare to be laughed out of court, and to become a public joke once Kotaku, gamasutra, etc report on your "pursuit of happiness" claim.