Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Global Agenda set for Feb 1. Who plans on getting this?

2»

Comments

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by sonoggi

pvp and pve encounters are fully instanced. no open world to explore, except for social hubs. this is very much a pvp-first kinda game.

THANK GOD!!! About damn time some developer realized there was a market for a FPS+MMO hybrid. From all your comments, I'm quite anxious to try this game.

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

Can I get it at my local fry's?

• ch0sen0nech0sen0ne Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Originally posted by M1sf1t
    Yet does it have a open world of sorts or am I going to be shuffled from instance arena to instance area? Is there going to be any PVE at all and how does it compare to the rest of the game? Is there a story to the game and the pve in general? 

-There is no open world

-City/Hub social area with vendors

-Entire game is instanced 8-12 player matches

-5 player PvE (i think) w/ bosses and loot drops

-Intro story with action movie after creating character and background story yes

I'm so buying this game just for the territory control

And no open world is a good thing. Mean no zergs and running around endlessly

• ozy1ozy1 Member Posts: 309

After buying a few of the mmo's of 08 and 09 and then they turn out to be crap, think i'll wait on a mmo's this year for a month or two.

Playing Darkfall EU1 Server

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Nope.  Will not be getting it.   Game just does nothing for me.   It looks like it will be a lot like UT and I cannot stand that game.   Though I love FPS games - this kind does nothing for me.   It is more or less a fragfest and that really does not appeal to me at all.

It's more of a shooter than an mmo... 

and it's the first of it's kind to have good persistant territory control

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by ch0sen0ne

Actually, Planetside was here long before GA.

• ZukanZukan Member Posts: 161

There is more strategy involved than a simple fragfest.

Originally posted by Teala

I said good persistant territory control...

Not a clusterfuckfest, zerg vs zerg who ever has the most people wins

G/A is actually balanced

• dende3dende3 Member UncommonPosts: 3

Am on board. I really like the one persistent world i play EVE and can say thats a great idea. Will GA make me stop playing EVE? Doubt it but i hope it too be a great game i can play when im bored with EVE

• ravancalravancal Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by Teala

I said good persistant territory control...

Not a clusterfuckfest, zerg vs zerg who ever has the most people wins

G/A is actually balanced

It may not be the BEST option, but GA is answering the problem of zerg fests in an effective manner. And apparantly there will be some level of base building too, which Planetside didn't have. And GA won't have lolgiantrobotz which were really silly in Planetside.

I pre-ordered the game since Hi-Rez seems like a well-funded, skilled, professional company that actually has some good ideas. The two different methods of playing the game is nice too - you can either subscribe or not, depends on what you want from the game.

Oh and it doesn't hurt that every single review of the gameplay so far has been positive ^_^

Just to toss this out there.

There is another game already out that is a lot like GA in many regards. It's called Huxley, it's a f2p, also built off the U3 engine.

From what I can see the combat is paced more lie UT3 where as in GA the devs have said that the combat is less frenetic and more organic.

The only pvp is side vs side though, well outside of death matches so there isn't much of a point to making a clan.

Other than that there is some form of territory control....or so I've been told. The pve is instanced, pvp is instanced, there's gear, skills, levels.....stuff. It's been good practice to build up to GA. It's basically GA-lite, yeah that's pretty accurate.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

I am still on the fence, I would prefer to play it before I bought it, being a huge Tribes 1/2 fan (mostly 2) it appeals to me but....

Originally posted by teco221

NOPE, game looks crappy
    sounds like so many F2P games and all the old games i.e. tabula Rasa anyone?

did you _play_ tabula rasa?

this game is nothing like TR...like...at all.

Originally posted by coffee

I am still on the fence, I would prefer to play it before I bought it, being a huge Tribes 1/2 fan (mostly 2) it appeals to me but....

Well you could always go try Huxley. If you even remotely enjoy your time in that then you'll probably like GA more.

Or you could look around for some beta key giveaways.

Or play Section 8 since from those who have played both they say section 8, as far as gameplay goes, is pretty much identical to GA. Though you'd have to buy it.

• AryasAryas Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 337

I've been playing GA since the Alpha testing stages and I'm currently in Beta. I like MMOs slightly more than FPS games because of the depth they normally offer. However, I dislike the focus on grind and kit in MMOs and the fact that there is minimal skill in pressing one button to attack an enemy on auto-target.

The last game I played that really sucked me in was Warcraft (and before that, the Quake series). I really enjoyed it when it first came out as it was very novel and engrossing. Unfortunately I have a very short attention span, so when a game gets grindy I get distracted, start to die, get frustrated... you get the picture. Before this, in the first year of playing the game, I was really addicted. I'd stay up late playing for hours, miss dinner, be late for everything, etc. But since then, no game has made me feel this way even though I have enjoyed games like AOC and WAR a lot, despite what some people say about these games.

So, all I'll say about GA is this: I'm in the Beta and have been playing GA more recently than any other game in the last 2-3 years. I'm in Beta, my characters will be wiped, the game ain't finished, etc, etc, etc... but I stay up til God knows when trying to perfect my skills and build - IN BETA! I LOVE this game. It's not perfect (but what is?) and I know some people would probably rather eat broken glass than play a game like this... but I really, really like it. Some people are asking if it's an MMO - I personally don't care either way. I'm definitely getting the game and I'll probably sub too. And even though I don't really have time to get involved in the stuff the sub-pack offers, I can see myself making time, if you know what I mean!

Aryas

Playing: Ableton Live 8
    ~ ragequitcancelsubdeletegamesmashcomputerkillself ~

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

this game is so far from tabula rasa it's not even funny. in fact, if you think it's anything like tabula rasa, then i believe you've got some sort of comprehension-related disability. also, it's absolutely nothing like any of the f2p games, and completely different from all the other generic MMO garbage coming out in 2010.

on huxley: i dont think that game is ever coming out man. it's an example of a game that wont make it very far, as it's been under development for years and there's no sign it will be in beta any time soon. if it ever does come out, it will be horribly outdated.

im not saying GA is the best, but there's nothing like it currently, or on the horizon.

Huh? Huxley has been under Ijjisoft for awhile now. How else do you think I've been playing it? O.o

Like I said, it's GA-lite. Cash shop is pretty much easily ignored too.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Yea, I've preordered it. I have a friend who has been beta testing it, and he's told me good things. So figured I'd give it a go. Plus the whole idea of an mmo rolled together with a fps intrigues me.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron