Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for something different?

GanJaBakerGanJaBaker Member Posts: 14

I stumbled on Valkyrie Sky about 4 hours before Launch. It is a little unclear whether this is Open Beta or "Launch" but there will be no reset, so take that for what you will.  This game takes the form of a Dungeon Crawl / Instanced MMORPG, but rather than dungeons are top down action shooter instances that resembles traditional arcade shooters. Some other features:

• 4 Playable Classes - Each with 3 different sub-classes (Jobs)
  • Play arcade shooter as Mage, Summoner, Bowman, or Melee
  • Very different skills and ultimate skills for each of the 12 classes - Combine skills to create passive skills
  • Party with a team of 4 fighting through each map. (Each map contains 5 stages with a mini-boss stage 3 and a main boss stage 5)
  • Fishing, Cooking, Music, Crafting, Enchanting
  • Auction House style trading
  • Free to Play - Cash shop coming soon
  • Pet System
  • PvP Duels

Some of the downsides:

• Level Cap - 20 !! :(  ... admins promise regular updates with increased caps in the very near future. Hardcore player could reach level 20 in 5-7 Days. (I'm level 11 after 6 Days)
  • Stamina system limits how much you can play.. but it is not as bad as everyone thinks. 1. Don't fight at nighttime (2x stamina cost) .. fish during night - higher chance for minigame which nets rare fish that can be cooked to make edible fish that provide plenty of stamina -- no cap on how many fish you can eat. It's really only an issue around level 5-8 anyway, once you reach higher levels you have much more Stamina - and stamina recharge fish are more affordable.
  • Still some crashing issues for some. For me, if my game is going to crash it is in the first 5 minutes I log in .. if I make it past that - I can play for 2+ hours with no issues.

Anyway - Check this one out if you are looking for something new. I have been downloading new games every week looking for something to catch my interest since I quit Atlanitca a few months ago... this is the first game to keep my attention. I hope the level cap increase comes soon - as I feel the community could suffer if high ranking players are discouraged ... as of right now, because the game is less than a week old, the community is strong and friendly. 

Here's the link: valkyriesky.gamekiss.com/main.jce

Give me a shout if you have questions on there!

- Rickenbacker

Comments

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

I tried this about a month ago, not a bad game at all, really captured the old shmup genre nicely with some rpg elements added in.  Only issue I have is their proprietary gamekiss software keeps setting off my trojan alerts on my antivirus, and seemed much more difficult to remove then it should have when I was done.  Others may not experience these issues though.

• BlackOokamiBlackOokami Member Posts: 10

This game looks really great because how fast paced it looks.

Though like always if you look up the video's on Youtube you'll see everyone making fun of the graphics, but it's their loss if they want to keep playing run-of-the-mill MMO's that they practically make once a week. ._.

I'm glad some company's out there are filling in different genres because I know I got hooked on Audition because it was something rather different and casual, and this game I'll be definitely taking a look into also.

Thanks for the post. :D

• GanJaBakerGanJaBaker Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by BlackOokami

This game looks really great because how fast paced it looks.
    Though like always if you look up the video's on Youtube you'll see everyone making fun of the graphics, but it's their loss if they want to keep playing run-of-the-mill MMO's that they practically make once a week. ._.

I think the graphics are just fine. With 4 party members casting different skills + pets + 10-20+ mobs on screen at once I get smooth FPS and no connection lag whatsoever... this is more important to me than super polished high-res graphics.

Using a gamepad and playing this on my 37" widescreen TV, it feels like playing a solid quality PS2 shooter. 

Logging in now. Just finished watching the game. GO BUCKS!

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Ya the format looks interesting,  but I have to ask a person playing it if the combat missions are different each time in any way, or if you can easily figure out the patterns at which mobs fly at you (like any single-player game) and if it nips at replay value.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

W/O going there being a F2P i am sure it has low poly graphics correct?

When you say something different ,you mean there is actual content outside of leveling?Each map having stages sounds exactly like a single player game not a MMO?nor a RPG either.

I don't mind the party size of 4 as long as it has some sort of team work and not just a pretend party with each of the four doing their own individual thing,witch is how all Asian games do it.

I might have to try it anyhow,i usually can't trust word of mouth.I have nothing to lose ,i have tried tons of other junk that was a complete waste of my time,so this game cannot be any worse.

WOW ,never mind,i went to D/L it and watched the movie first,this looks like a VERY old console game that never made it to the console and they are trying to rehash it as a F2P game,it looks very low budget.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.