Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IS GUILD WARS II free or not??

2»

Comments

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404

I am from the united states, and have in the past tried to use a translator to talk to some people speaking russion in a game, and they were just as rude as some of the comments here. Instead of trying to deal with the gramerical issues they just mocked my efforts for trying to even say hi and begin a conversation. So it definetly is not just an american thing, and basically shows that people around the world will tend to make fun of those that seem less skilled or inteligent than they are.

I feel sorry for everyone else like me that is actually willing and has a desire to learn from other people and bridge the gaps between cultures.

• HensenLirosHensenLiros Member Posts: 461

What you people fail to realize is that things like "r" (are), "im" (I'm), "u" (you) and "plz" (please) are NOT signs of leak of skills in a certain language. It's a sign of laziness to type correctly, and no one has to read this bunch of garbage and take it as seriously as something written correctly. This kid knows enough to write a decent post, but he's just lazy.

You see, English is my third language and I have no mastery over it, and still I do my best to make clean and understandable posts.

It's also a shame when people take their national prejudices over to a game forum. In my native country "mongolian" is a urban word to call people with dawn syndrome, for example. And I had no reason to bring such fact to this thread. Really a shame.

Ultima Online 98~04
    Dark Age of Camelot 03~07
    Final Fantasy XI 04~06
    Guild Wars 05~08
    World of Warcraft 04~05
    Unsuccessful Tries: DFO/EQ2/DRaja/Rag/Req/RYL/9D/Cabal/KO/PSU/RF/GE/TO/TR/DDO/EVE/LoTRO/L2/RZ/SWG/VG

• ViewDooViewDoo Member Posts: 268
    Originally posted by HensenLiros

What you people fail to realize is that things like "r" (are), "im" (I'm), "u" (you) and "plz" (please) are NOT signs of leak of skills in a certain language. It's a sign of laziness to type correctly, and no one has to read this bunch of garbage and take it as seriously as something written correctly. This kid knows enough to write a decent post, but he's just lazy.
    You see, English is my third language and I have no mastery over it, and still I do my best to make clean and understandable posts.
    It's also a shame when people take their national prejudices over to a game forum. In my native country "mongolian" is a urban word to call people with dawn syndrome, for example. And I had no reason to bring such fact to this thread. Really a shame.

I salute you sir! I can only speak one language, and in a pub not even that one!

• muntazaxmuntazax Member UncommonPosts: 13

there is no fault with my english suckers i type like that

• BispbergBispberg Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by muntazax

there is no fault with my english suckers i type like that

It's okay. You can type however you want, as do everyone else. Here though, I'd recommend you use general english with full word sentences and not combining the geek expressions which makes it greek to most people eyes.

What people doesn't understand, they are afraid of - hence all the wars based on religion...

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

1337 language is just stupid.

• IlvionIlvion Member Posts: 20

That's called abusing a language xD Althought you have the full right to do so. It would be nice of you when coming to ask for help to use the proper words, its not hard to type em out now is it? =)

I find it kinda funny how people can talk like that, it just looks so wrong and Its not even that much easier. Even harder for me since I'm used to typing the whole words ^^

English is my third language aswell and I'm no master of it but I do push myself to use it properly at much as possible =)

You should to ^^

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811
    Originally posted by HensenLiros

There is.. still.. intelligence... out there... thank you God...