Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm tired of WoW, give me something new!!

zco12zco12 Member Posts: 27

Wow, its finally the time to stop WoW for a while. I need a new game. I like fantasy mmorpgs with 3d graphics as well as good gameplay. I've taken a look at alot of NCsoft's games- they are like a rising star company in the gaming industry. I've taken a look at Lineage 2, Aion, and Guild Wars, as well as a few other free mmorpgs. I heard Aion is doing well out there...WoW is losing their place. The thing I like about GW is that theres no monthly fees: just buy the game. Lineage 2- no.

Can somebody suggest something for me? Even if its P2P- if its decent ill try it out.

Thanks for helping,

zco12

Comments

• rooster99rooster99 Member UncommonPosts: 30

try everquest its better now than ever liniage 2 is also fun

• SigrandSigrand Member UncommonPosts: 367

Darkfall, Ryzom, EVE all come to mind.  Each of those games is about as far from WoW as you can get.  They give the player freedom to choose how they play.  There's little to no hand holding, and no way of playing is the "correct" way.  It's whatever you enjoy doing.

By the way, just wanted to say that NCSoft isn't a rising star, it's a fuckin' behemoth lol.  Blizzard isn't the only monster company out there.  Considering NCSoft's stranglehold on the Asian market I'd say they're probably significantly larger than Blizzard is.

• RealmLordsRealmLords Member Posts: 358

I've just started GW and its decent.  Graphics are quite reasonable, and a one time $20 account is cheap.

Another is DDO.  The F2P implementation was done very well.  Worth a look.

Ken

www.ActionMMORPG.com
    One man, a small pile of money, and the screwball idea of a DIY Indie MMORPG? Yep, that's him. ~sigh~

• zco12zco12 Member Posts: 27

Ah yeah...I guess I'll go with any of those games u guys suggested, thanks!

Maybe WoW won't be as boring when Cataclysm comes out...we'll have to wait and see!

Thanks for ya'lls help!

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

agree on GW, it's 5 years old

but it's still lively as like when it's 1st released, the community are still there, you might get a bit far behind on the details of history of the community and all, but it's still not too late though

all you need to do is buy the game, then the subscription is free forever

i also started playing like last 3 months, but im catching up with their communities stories from 4 years ago, lol

So What Now?