Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phantasy Star Universe PC

BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Ok so I have this game and never got to play it much for 2 reasons:

1 - Resolution can't get high much and on my 21" unless windowed will look wierd

2 - No option to use a controller atleast that's what happened when I tried

So anyone know a way to play it with a joystick pretty please? :P

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

You can play it with the USB xbox 360 controller.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

It boggles my mind that someone would prefer a joystick to the keyboard + mouse combination.

<3

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Only? I don't have an xbox 360 controller just a normal one.

Originally posted by dreamscaper

It boggles my mind that someone would prefer a joystick to the keyboard + mouse combination.

Dunno if you played this game but the controls are not the usual type the arrow keys to attack for example.

Ps.

Games like Devil may cry personally are better with a controller then keyboard and mouse but to each their own I guess.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Phantasy Star Universe is designed with a controller in mind. it players like an action RPG, which play better with a controller.

Anyway if you plan to play this game long term, I suggest you get an Xbox 360 controller.

I'll try an xbox 360 controller emulator for now I would like to get one but from my place it mroe expensive then getting one from outside and I already have a controller.

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

This one up there has never played PSU.

If you can play it with a mouse and keyboard with proper dodging, battling and trap/forcing you are amazing.

For most of us we use Xbox360 or a Ps2 controller (you can use any analog, go into control options and select your input device)

Though honestly as I recall it simply found my ps2 controller and that was that.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by bloodaxes

Ok so I have this game and never got to play it much for 2 reasons:
    1 - Resolution can't get high much and on my 21" unless windowed will look wierd
    2 - No option to use a controller atleast that's what happened when I tried
    So anyone know a way to play it with a joystick pretty please? :P

It should have automatic support for controls.  If it is anything like pso you just need to select it under options.   Although I seem to remember it being PnP.

PSU only detects the xbox 360 controller that can connect to the pc but I solved it with an emulator that makes the game think my controller is an xbox 360 controller :P

The only problem is the resolution limit but there's no way to get it up till 1680x1050 unfortunately...

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

playing action games in keyboards is hard, try playing devil may cry and tust me, you won't be able to land great combos and you'll get pwned very often

and PSU is meant to be played with a controller