Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Memories of WoW

Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

Because WoW was my first MMO I think of it as a great starter MMO. It is where I learned how to group. I played a lot of single player RPG’s so when I created my first character; a warrior, I just figured I would go out and bash stuff, just like in my single player games. I found out in the Dead mines (VC, as it seemed to be called which it took me a while to figure out why) that wasn’t the case. Apparently I had to get ‘Aggro.’ My job as a ‘Tank’ was to get all the baddies ‘MOBs’ to attack me, without accidently hitting the sheep. (or interupting the SAP) Suddenly the responsibility for the whole instance rested on my shoulders. Oh, why hadn’t I picked a rogue?

As for my favorite Memory of Wow, it is standing on top the pyramid in Zul’ Farrak while hundreds of minions attack our five man group. It was like something out of a movie. I remember thinking, oh “Frak” we’re all gonna die.

Do you have a favorite memory from your time in WoW?

Comments

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Dun Morogh (not sure of the spelling anymore) was my favorite area in the entire game. Most  likely the reason i had so many alts.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

My favorite memories of WoW come from Blackrock Mountain on pvp servers. Great fun

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

My first run with a friend to the Badlands.  Had no idea how to get there and had to run through Alliance zones to do it.  Got in a bunch of fights, were chased the whole time and didn't die.  This was back at release when people were quite protective of opposing factions invading per say.  Easily the best memory in the game.  Tied maybe with a massive brawl my first time to BRM.  Easily hundreds of people in and outside the mountain, along the chains, people getting tossed or mind controlled into the lava.  Just seeing that place the first time was wild.  

Second might be the parachute quest in Ferelas.  Never seen anything like it in a MMO.

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

Maraudon is still on my top 3 list of best-dungeon-design, with the plain cave at the beginning and the huge, elysion-like waterfalls at the end.

Truly epic moments.

Oh yea, and some of the most atmospheric zones are in WoW, desolace is pretty cool, Azshara hit ne nail on the head when it comes to "ruins in fall"...

Still my favorite zone of all times is Everquest 2 - Nektulos Forest, spooky forest 10/10.

• skarwolfskarwolf Member CommonPosts: 245

Before the honor system & battlegrounds were in game people pvp'd just for the sake of it.  This usually happened around Tarren Mill most of the time or the Crossroads.  My rogue was a well known & hated ganker.  I'd even kill people in Ironforge before most Horde knew what or where it was & other alliance would stand there perplexed like wtf a horde in here?!?

This was before people were even doing dungeons like Stratholme, UBRS & Scholomance 40 man raids at the time.  Once, a group of alliance were killing guards & fighting at TM only 3 horde were on hand to defend.  They had a warlock who summoned me.  Upon zoning in I saw the five alliance standing not far from TM and when they saw me they all turned and ran back to Southshore.  Some of them even shouted something which I used to see all the time when I attacked Alliance outposts and it turned out to be my name they were shouting.

Problem was being alliance they'd run to Ironforge crying and within a short time there'd be 100+ alliance zerging the area.  One dude even made a video (heavily edited) for just managing to kill me like it was a major accomplishment.

• pojungpojung Member Posts: 810
    Originally posted by Meridion

Maraudon is still on my top 3 list of best-dungeon-design

I loved Maraudon. It was very much an involving instance with options of content (purple, orange, sceptre runs).

Favorite moments were stealthed TM:SS ganking along with groups of 1-4 rogues (played a resto druid at the time). Everything back in those days was 'for fun', before honor came out, when people would 'raid or die'.

That is exactly right, and we're not saying NO to save WoW, because it is already a lost cause. We are saying NO to dissuade the next group of greedy suits who decide to emulate Blizzard and Cryptic, etc.
    We can prevent some of the future games from spewing this crap, but the sooner we start saying no, the better the results will be.
    So - Stand up, pull up your pants, and walk away.
    - MMO_Doubter

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880
    Originally posted by pojung

Originally posted by Meridion

Maraudon is still on my top 3 list of best-dungeon-design

I loved Maraudon. It was very much an involving instance with options of content (purple, orange, sceptre runs).

Favorite moments were stealthed TM:SS ganking along with groups of 1-4 rogues (played a resto druid at the time). Everything back in those days was 'for fun', before honor came out, when people would 'raid or die'.

the raid or die thing was around since the first 60s and the discovery of MC and tier one epics haha.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Doing the content for the first time on the way from 1-60 with my druid was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. So many fun times....Teldrassil, Auberdine, Ashenvale, and at the end, running Scholo, BRS, Strat and others for the Tier 1 dungeon pieces so that I could go to MC.

Even though the new content is better written, it just doesn't fill me that with that same sense of a world of possibilities the way the original content did.

<3

• rabidabbeyrabidabbey Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

Because WoW was my first MMO I think of it as a great starter MMO. It is where I learned how to group. I played a lot of single player RPG’s so when I created my first character; a warrior, I just figured I would go out and bash stuff, just like in my single player games. I found out in the Dead mines (VC, as it seemed to be called which it took me a while to figure out why) that wasn’t the case. Apparently I had to get ‘Aggro.’ My job as a ‘Tank’ was to get all the baddies ‘MOBs’ to attack me, without accidently hitting the sheep. (or interupting the SAP) Suddenly the responsibility for the whole instance rested on my shoulders. Oh, why hadn’t I picked a rogue?

As for my favorite Memory of Wow, it is standing on top the pyramid in Zul’ Farrak while hundreds of minions attack our five man group. It was like something out of a movie. I remember thinking, oh “Frak” we’re all gonna die.

Do you have a favorite memory from your time in WoW?

Lol...I remember that!! I have too many good memories to even start. Although I don't play it anymore.