Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IS GUILD WARS II free or not??

muntazaxmuntazax Member UncommonPosts: 13

hey i just dwnlded GW2 logged in nd strted playing wen i suddenly noticed a message tat said tat i had 13 days more for the free trial of GW2, so i went on its site nd found dat the game is completely free as according to the site.

so now im confused as to weather the game is P2P or F2P, coz if its P2P i wont be playing as im already playin 2 P2P games and if its F2P then only il cont so PLZ PLZ HELP ME ASAP.

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

You mean guild wars 1 guild wars 2 is not out yet.

You need to buy it then it's free forever.

• IlvionIlvion Member Posts: 20

Yeah theres a "Try Guild Wars" link at the GW2 site. So you probably didnt read it through.

• muntazaxmuntazax Member UncommonPosts: 13

OH SNAP SO CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ME NE GOOOD F2P GAME THEN

• Elitekill4Elitekill4 Member Posts: 99

Well, first of all, we need to know what you like about MMORPGs, past experiences with MMORPGs, and if you're a casual or hardcore gamer.

• muntazaxmuntazax Member UncommonPosts: 13

srry for tat. nd wat i like to play mmos is tat r quick in duelin like RO instances like WOW nd wich r basically fun to play nd more importantly f2p(i no im askin for a lot but i cant help it ive played so many mmos its gettin borin now)

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Are some of your keys missing on your keyboard?

• PatchDayPatchDay Member Posts: 1,641

Man this annoys me when people ask for F2P MMOs. Those grinders are usually bottom of the barrel.

Why cant you just fork over the $20 or whatever for Guild Wars????? That will cost you a lot less then a korean F2P in the long run

• PatchDayPatchDay Member Posts: 1,641

Ok I just thought of 2 F2P MMOs that looked ok too me:

Runes of Magic (see the site for details to the left)

Atlantica Online

But I honestly meant what I said above. But perhaps the 2 I just listed may be the exception.

• blackdogblackdog Member UncommonPosts: 33

I must assume you are looking for a F2P MMO, since you can't seem to afford a keyboard that works.

If the keyboard is not the issue, might I suggest spelling lessons,  people might be more inclined to give you valid assistance.

• ArchemorousArchemorous Member Posts: 197
    Originally posted by blackdog

I must assume you are looking for a F2P MMO, since you can't seem to afford a keyboard that works.
    If the keyboard is not the issue, might I suggest spelling lessons,  people might be more inclined to give you valid assistance.

If you bothered to look at his profile, you would know that he is from India, and I bet that his english is orders of magnitude better than your grasp on his native language.

But Im not surprised by your attitude, you are american after all.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

im wlrn to helP u ot dude! U wat a F2P MMo? try rUnsoMagc dud its asom! onlyh 1337 plrz do FP2 shat! but dnt gt cot haxoring it for fee glodz. DO U UNXDERTND WAT IM SYING?!!!!!!!!111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• ViewDooViewDoo Member Posts: 268
    Originally posted by Archemorous

If you bothered to look at his profile, you would know that he is from India, and I bet that his english is orders of magnitude better than your grasp on his native language.

This comment always makes me laugh, in a tired way. Error in your argument? He posted, (or tried to) on an english mmo site, he chose to post here using his obviously limited command of the english language.

If Mr. Blackdog had chose to post on any language website other than an english one asking for mmo advice, in all caps and with very poor grammar, then and only then could you point out how bad his knowledge of any other languages is.

But I am not suprised by your attitude and empty arguments, you are Mongolian after all.

• kejjkejj Member Posts: 37

nice one, I agree

"It's not that I'm so smart; it's just that I stay with problems longer."
    -- Albert Einstein

Originally posted by ViewDoo

This comment always makes me laugh, in a tired way. Error in your argument? He posted, (or tried to) on an english mmo site, he chose to post here using his obviously limited command of the english language.

If Mr. Blackdog had chose to post on any language website other than an english one asking for mmo advice, in all caps and with very poor grammar, then and only then could you point out how bad his knowledge of any other languages is.

But I am not suprised by your attitude and empty arguments, you are Mongolian after all.

Its a very american  thing to do to insult and completely disrespect other cultures and countries, so Im not surprised by your comment either.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

No monthly fee for Guild Wars 2.

• LansidLansid Member UncommonPosts: 1,097
    Originally posted by muntazax

srry for tat. nd wat i like to play mmos is tat r quick in duelin like RO instances like WOW nd wich r basically fun to play nd more importantly f2p(i no im askin for a lot but i cant help it ive played so many mmos its gettin borin now)

Try "The Endless Forest". You might like it.

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member Posts: 1,880

Its a very american  thing to do to insult and completely disrespect other cultures and countries, so Im not surprised by your comment either.

Heh its not the american way every country does this.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

All I was saying was that americans have a reputation, and some americans live up to it. I wasnt trying to generalise.

• Lord_IxiganLord_Ixigan Member Posts: 548
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

No monthly fee for Guild Wars 2.

this.

GW 2 is going to be just like GW 1. You buy a key for an account and then there is no monthly fee.

As far as 'good' f2ps? Well that's entirely subjective. Most f2p's either have terrible gameplay and game design or the cash shop ruins any value the game actually has. There are a fairly decent number of f2ps with good gameplay and all that, but the cash shop is run in such a manner that if you want to keep up with everybody else you're going to probably end up having to spend -more- than if you played a regular p2p.

I have honestly never found a f2p to actually offer enough 'free' fun. You're better off just playing either a game like GW, a regular p2p or whatever fps you currently are.

• [RedDragon][RedDragon] Member UncommonPosts: 46

For f2p try Runes of Magic or 4story.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

The irony in this post is very revealing about you.

Ignorance is bliss, no matter how pathetic it is.

• silkakcsilkakc Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by arenasb

Are some of your keys missing on your keyboard?

LMAO! That was so funny

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

Rofl... You managed to be a textbook hypocrite in only 2 sentences.

-------------------------

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by muntazax

hey i just dwnlded GW2 logged in nd strted playing wen i suddenly noticed a message tat said tat i had 13 days more for the free trial of GW2, so i went on its site nd found dat the game is completely free as according to the site.
    so now im confused as to weather the game is P2P or F2P, coz if its P2P i wont be playing as im already playin 2 P2P games and if its F2P then only il cont so PLZ PLZ HELP ME ASAP.

GW is and GW2 will be B2P. Buy the game but don't pay any monthly fees. You pay for expansions and the game in itself but you don't pay any monthly fees and there is no cash shop.

If you want a similar F2P game instead you should get DDO instead, they are different but not that different.

You do have GW or one of the expansions however unless you are in a time loop, GW2 wont be out for another year. If you are in a time loop you should tell me how you do it, I want it now.

So you have the free trial now, you need to either buy a box (it isn't that expensive) or buy it online, you can then play it for as long as you want without any additional costs.