Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buying charactors/accounts

mugencymugency Member Posts: 2

does anyone know if and where you can buy a whole charactor?

I used to play and had a charactor with about 18mil skillpoints but I deleted him doh... so i wouldnt play again, and frankly this is the best nonfantasy mmo out! I miss it all the time and thought about making my return lol

any info would be much appreciated!

Comments

• mugencymugency Member Posts: 2

Yea Ive read that thread, but since I do not have an active charactor anymore/ I do have a non trial account though, I do not have isk. Is there any other way?

• ChlodwigChlodwig Member Posts: 150
    Originally posted by mugency

Yea Ive read that thread, but since I do not have an active charactor anymore/ I do have a non trial account though, I do not have isk. Is there any other way?

Sell a Plex or two (or whatever the selling of game-time cards for ISK is called now) and you have in game money.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

You can buy time cards from CCP that they allow to be sold for ingame currency.  You can then use that currency to bid on characters being auctioned by other players.  Again allowed by CCP.  The character is moved to your account when the transaction is completed, so you do not get any assets and must have an active account.

Characters

Timecards

• korvixkorvix Member Posts: 477
    Originally posted by Chlodwig

Sell a Plex or two (or whatever the selling of game-time cards for ISK is called now) and you have in game money.

This if you want to spend RL money, a decent char will cost you around 8b, thats 14 PLEXs buyys (at 35$ a pop )...so 490 US dollars for a decent character. Do it all though the legit channels CCP provides.

YOU SHOULD NOT RMT A CHARACTER....you will be banned / have the account stollen back / have the RMT reverse payment on Paypal.

Best of luck...also...why the hell would you just up and delete a 18mil SP character?!?

• ZionnaxZionnax Member Posts: 107

Better yet, get your original account name, go onto www.eve-online, log into your account (have them send you the credentials if you have forgotten), and create a petition.  Tell them you deleted a character on that account, and would like it back if at all possible, because you are interested in resubbing.

I did this with one of mine, and, lo and behold, I got my character back with all skills.  I didn't have any assets, but I did have the character with all the skillpoints, just as he was when I canned him.  mine was deleted in 2005 and restored in 2008, if that gives you a bit of hope.

Good luck!

• rpgamer13rpgamer13 Member UncommonPosts: 73

i bought one account to help out my 3.  one good thing is you are not aloud to buy an account. but you can buy or trade characters. they are easily transfered.

the first thing i did when i got the account i paid about $80 for an 40 million skill point character. i paid the few extra at eve's web site to do a account to account transfer and i put the character on my account . so i knew i wouldn't loose the character. the i  used the bought account to start up a mining character and make isk for me.

worked out great. i have a nice character to protect my 3 miners. and he's great at crafting too.

i do feel a bit bad for buying a character. but i still play my own. just use him for protection. like hiring a merc.

the guys at eve found my old character from yrs ago for me. they might be able to undelete him if you never made a new one for all 3 slots. contact them first

• nightbird305nightbird305 Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by rpgamer13

i bought one account to help out my 3.  one good thing is you are not aloud to buy an account. but you can buy or trade characters. they are easily transfered.
    the first thing i did when i got the account i paid about $80 for an 40 million skill point character. i paid the few extra at eve's web site to do a account to account transfer and i put the character on my account . so i knew i wouldn't loose the character. the i  used the bought account to start up a mining character and make isk for me.
    worked out great. i have a nice character to protect my 3 miners. and he's great at crafting too.
    i do feel a bit bad for buying a character. but i still play my own. just use him for protection. like hiring a merc.
    the guys at eve found my old character from yrs ago for me. they might be able to undelete him if you never made a new one for all 3 slots. contact them first

So you play with 4 accounts?

• DonTrumpDonTrump Member Posts: 104

Wow getting a char restored, first time iv heard that.

nightbird,  Yes i play with 4 accounts

it's easy on the computer system. ,well mine it is. 3gb now 4gb . 756mb vid card. and i use my 42"  LCD tv as 2nd monitor i put two on on the tv and 2 on my 22" monitor.  only sucky thing is i can't read any text on the TV. but i can watch and play.

i play with 4 because of mining only reasons. i never try to gank other players. i use 3 mining ships with drones to protect. and i switch between transport and battleship with the 4th account, depending on where i'm mining.

I use to play 4 asheron's call accounts at same time with my wife playing the 5th account. one always a buff bot.

past 3 yrs i played everquest with 4-6 characters. making my own groups til i found one to join main to.

i've 2 boxed most games. out there.  Darkfall i think is the only game i don't ever plan to 2 box

i'm sure that any system that can play eve. could at least 2 box if ram over a GB. just may need to down size the windows and of couse play in window mode. plus turn down some graphic settings

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547
    Originally posted by korvix

This if you want to spend RL money, a decent char will cost you around 8b, thats 14 PLEXs buyys (at 35$ a pop )..

$35 for 2, but 1 plex is about 300mil so 27 PLEXs for 8b, if you can move the plexs for 300mil.... which you can't. 270mil max atm.

Still expensive, imho.

• korvixkorvix Member Posts: 477
    Originally posted by rpgamer13

SO you RMTd an account and transferred the character to your real account? Yeah that offers you no protection at all, you can still loose the character you bought with real money & loose your other account if the original owner of the character / account says that their account was hacked and they want their character back.

How do I know this? My account was hacked  ( had a keylogger, I now run Noscript all the time), this happend right after I stopped playing pretty much so I thought my eve account was safe...(I reformatd and such when I found out I had a keylogger.) 3 months later when I want to play eve and find out I cant so I petitioned and talk to CCP. Turns out my character was transferred between a few accounts and the people that were involved had thier accounts banned and I got my character returned  ^_^

moral of the story, dont RMT and always keep your virus / noscript up to date XD

i see your point. your right not really safe that way.

i paid over $500 for an FFXI account a crafter that i used to help make gil for my main accounts. i stoped playing 2 months after i bought the account and 4 months after that i noticed my credit card was charges for FFXI activation and server transfer. i tried to log in and find out what happened. , the password was changed. account stolen back and they used my cedit card info  that was attacted to the game. THANKS PLAYONLINE  idoits.  i got money back from credit card company and FFXI banned the account as i emailed the proof of the account being sold and stolen back.

the good news about this is i used playersauction website to buy the account. i contacted them and they investigated the account and contacted the seller. in the end the seller could not give the account back. as it was now banned, and i got my $500 back from playersauctions. as they now for at least 2 yrs i think have a garrenty on the accounts sold. as then keep a record of the info and the original info to get accounts back if stolen ect...  if they can't get the account back you get the money back.

other cool thing. well still it all sucked. but i was smart enough to transfer all items and money over from any bought account the first day i get it, just incase they do steal it back.

Eve from what i've read after my last post allows transfers. meaning you could send a guy the money and have him transfer the character . he could never get it back at this point as no proof of account hacked. but a risk of loosing money if you don't use a mediator. like playersacutions and another one i can't remmeber.  but theres a site that you use paypal to send them money and they hold it waiting for you to confirm you have account info. that the seller sends them to you .

sorry my spelling and gramer sucks. i just got off a long night of work. i'm off to bed

• PatchDayPatchDay Member Posts: 1,641

I sometimes wish they would make it legal for people to RMT characters. This way people can make real life money for all the time they burn on MMOs

I personally don't buy characters though. But I can see why someone would be tempted to do so in EVE. This way you can have a character already trained for all the basics

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by PatchDay

I sometimes wish they would make it legal for people to RMT characters. This way people can make real life money for all the time they burn on MMOs
    I personally don't buy characters though. But I can see why someone would be tempted to do so in EVE. This way you can have a character already trained for all the basics

Well you sorta kinda can, in that you can buy PLEX, sell PLEX for ISK, buy character for ISK. But CCP are pretty adamant that it should be impossible to extract currency from the game in any way. Apart from anything else there are significant legal and tax implications.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by TheHatter

Originally posted by korvix

This if you want to spend RL money, a decent char will cost you around 8b, thats 14 PLEXs buyys (at 35$ a pop )..

$35 for 2, but 1 plex is about 300mil so 27 PLEXs for 8b, if you can move the plexs for 300mil.... which you can't. 270mil max atm.

Still expensive, imho.

They're worth what people will pay. The price will most likely spike again next fanfest because you can redeem PLEX for fanfest tickets.. I sold my PLEX @ 400M last October; they peaked around 430ish.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547
    Originally posted by Malcanis

Originally posted by PatchDay

Well you sorta kinda can, in that you can buy PLEX, sell PLEX for ISK, buy character for ISK. But CCP are pretty adamant that it should be impossible to extract currency from the game in any way. Apart from anything else there are significant legal and tax implications.

Yup, I agree with this. There should be no reason people can buy and sell characters/isk for real money.

On a side note though, I bought a miner the other day. :) I'm extremely happy with her. 2.5bil for 9mil SP, about 500mil worth of implants and a very miner dedicated train. About half of it was paid for with PLEX though :( but meh... I'm still happy. It would take at least a year to train this character from scratch, which is about $180 + waiting a year to get it.