A little bit about my mmo experience:
- Everquest (years) - The game that started it all for me I played a Warrior on the server that was run by a gerbil on a wheel - Bristlebane. Happy Days were in that game Played from Start and through to SOL expansion killing most content dragons and gods with dorf faction. Loved that loot wasn't bound and hand me downs in guild were always there but i would never pass on my blessed 'Cloak of Flames'
- DAOC (years)- Played many classes to high RR but loved my Alb merc and scout for play style. The PVP was meaning with skill required for tactics and positional combat and you could solo or be with a zerg and have an effect in both OF and NF areas. Didn't mind the Grind and buffbots and even downed the tree man in sidi a number of times.
- EQ2 (months)- Played for a while when I thought it would be like EQ1
- WOW (years)- One of each char to 80 maxed out all content and raids (never cleared aq40 in classic tho ) with an ok arena team, hate how its all spoon fed and badges grind so everyone has it all with no work other then doing the daily and PVP is meaning less win or loose with no effect. with no real bonus of crafting since TBC.
- AOC (month) - Good combat mechanics but too buggy at launch to make me continue
- WAR (months)- Many chars to a high level, loved it at the start but end content was empty with little variation with only 2 realms where the zerg always won and keeps swapping over way to easy and not worth defending. The game needs population and its too small in the EU servers
- FE trial (week) - Loved the crafting but the combat just wasn't my style
So what am I after:
- Good crafting - you must be able to craft end game items with a risk reward element, either be it with rare drops or rated gear like DAOC
- Good EU community - I play in the EU timezones so while some games are good in the states with their servers sometimes the EU servers are dead or are supported by other companies that don't really care (goa anyone?) Im a mature in his late twentys and will always use voicecoms in games so want to know people who i play with and not OMG UBER LEWT LOOLOLOL style of game. I find it awarding helping others get gear and achievements and want a community that feels the same.
- Not a solo fest game but content can be seen by being solo
- I like the idea of PVP but its not a must, if its there though it needs to be meaning full and not all about epeen.
Any recommendations? I was thinking Aion but the constant bitchfest from people has made me think twice but I'm free to any suggestions
EQ1, DAOC, EQ2, WOW, AOC,Dungeon Runners, WAR, DF WOW, FE