Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sick of these boring games, need something fun.

aloosealoose Member Posts: 1

I have played many many games EQ, EQ2, PWI, DAOC, Aion, Fallen Earth, LOTRO, and lots of others.    I am looking for a game with beautiful graphics ability to interact with water, not being blocked out like Aion,  Dense beautiful forests, good combat system, fun gameplay etc etc.  My computer will run anything and I want to find a good game for me.  Any suggestions??  I dont really like the games where everyone looks like a cartoon.

Comments

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I want to say it doesnt exist, but I know as soon as I do someone will bash me and prove me wrong. 

• DeuiDeui Member Posts: 61

Vanguard fits your description pretty well. Great environmental graphics, no instances or load screens, art style is much closer to realism compared to WoW and EQ2. Combat is something between those two, but the class and ability design is superior.

• HaliaxHaliax Member Posts: 18

Isn't Vanguard shutting down soon though?

• csheadsh0tcsheadsh0t Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by Haliax

Who said that?

• WaaaghWaaagh Member Posts: 7

Darkfalls

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Deui

Vanguard fits your description pretty well. Great environmental graphics, no instances or load screens, art style is much closer to realism compared to WoW and EQ2. Combat is something between those two, but the class and ability design is superior.

Great environmental graphics in Vanguard... Are you serious? We are talking 2009. Vanguard does not have pretty graphics anymore.

Combat is also rather dull in Vanguard.

The only guy you would recommend Vanguard to, in 2009, is a guy who loves gathering and crafting. In that aspect, vanguard, is simply the best.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Well, Guildwars 2 isn't out yet so the picking is slim.

Fun is a relative thing however, it depends what you like.

I would say you should try AoC or possibly Vanguard, they are both worth trying if you havn't yet, and have free trials. 

Edit: Forgot LOTRO, it is also worth a try,

• VforVavavoomVforVavavoom Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by cyandk

Great environmental graphics in Vanguard... Are you serious? We are talking 2009. Vanguard does not have pretty graphics anymore.

The only guy you would recommend Vanguard to, in 2009, is a guy who loves gathering and crafting. In that aspect, vanguard, is simply the best.

Stop talking out of your ass please, thankyou.

Great is relative, played it a bit a while ago and it looked good with all sliders maxed out. 

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I say take a break from mmos and perhaps go enjoy some games such as Borderlands,Dragon Age, Torchlight and perhaps Mass Effect 2.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Well, of course im going to recommend Eve......  but, there are some games coming out next year. soon to be this year ;D that bear some thinking about.. APB is one of them, and i have high hopes of that game being a lot of fun, no crafting though, as far as i know

Originally posted by SaintViktor

I say take a break from mmos and perhaps go enjoy some games such as Borderlands,Dragon Age, Torchlight and perhaps Mass Effect 2.

mmm.. Dragon age... morrigan...

quote Allistair 'and before you know it, its frog time'

• DeuiDeui Member Posts: 61

I was meant to use word 'scenery'. Still, can you say they aren't pretty in MMORPG standards? I tend to play older games, so I'm used to worse graphics, perhaps I'm just behind of my time.

• Kungaloosh1Kungaloosh1 Member Posts: 260

I would also say try vanguard unless you are like me and are allergic to sony crap.

Originally posted by Kungaloosh1

I would also say try vanguard unless you are like me and are allergic to sony crap.

Never mind the 'sony' allergy, trying a game with actual players in it helps a lot.... well, it is a sony game, but it does have players. and only 1 server these days, but as a FPS game, Planetside, its actually fun.. dated perhaps, and in desperate need of a makeover.. but for a short term game maybe.. it isnt half bad.. sort of...and you can probably get a 14 day free trial or something too...

Originally posted by Phry

Well, of course im going to recommend Eve......  but, there are some games coming out next year. soon to be this year ;D that bear some thinking about.. APB is one of them, and i have high hopes of that game being a lot of fun, no crafting though, as far as i know

Well, it is a good game but not what the OP is looking for. Eves forests seems a bit... non existing.

Crafting is hard in a game with modern setting, it takes quite a lot of skill to make a gun or build a car from scratch. Making a good sword is of course rather complex too but it is still easier than to make a gun with the same quality.

So crafting in a modern game should probably be restricted to stuff like cooking or making clothes, stuff most people can learn with a little practice. Unless you make a game where you spend a lot of time in the science lab and then go to a factory to get your item, but I think APBs most characters wont be the science types...

• decoy26517decoy26517 Member Posts: 313

Originally posted by Deui Vanguard fits your description pretty well. Great environmental graphics, no instances or load screens, art style is much closer to realism compared to WoW and EQ2. Combat is something between those two, but the class and ability design is superior.

I'd have to agree with this guy, Vanguard DID have nice graphics but they're pretty poor now imo. The combat and tedious grind are also negative points to add to Vanguard.

"World of Warcraft is the perfect implementation of this genre." - Hilmar Petursson. CEO of CCP.

• hulik23hulik23 Member Posts: 45

to original post: lotro has good story, good questing but fails in graphics on 100% in comparison to aion. on the other hand aion fails in everything else :-/ conan is boring and dead. only thing doable there is chopping pieces of meat. if u want new game then there is simple answer - u need to wait as others like u. 12th january starts star trek online bea so i´m definitely signing for beta..

personally i would love vampire mmo. not stupid twilight based story pls or another blade 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, i dont know how many pieces it had crap. or really fun to play mmo like bards tale(single player). i was crying laughing when was playing it. the best humorous game ever made.

so far lotro is still best choice. only graphics is awfully old and NOT pretty at all :-/

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Haliax

no

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by hulik23

so far lotro is still best choice. only graphics is awfully old and NOT pretty at all :-/

Speaking of laughing ass off........

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Oblivion fits just about every one of your preferences, if you haven't give it a try. On the MMO front there aren't to many games that fit with what you're asking for. The closest I could think of would be AOC, yet we all know the stigma that follows that game around. If you haven't, give the trial a shot you may enjoy it. As long as you pick a decent server you should be okay for a few months. they also have an expansion releasing soon which may bring in more people.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson