Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantica Online: Child's Play Withdraws from Fundraising Event

Comments

• LongswdLongswd Member Posts: 155

For those who want to say that 5% is better than nothing, well yes, it is. The problem of course, as has been pointed out, is that 5% is such a meager pittance that it can only be classified as a blatant attempt to *USE* a good charity as a *VEHICLE* to enrich your own coffers.

My personal measure of the glass being considered half full (doing a good deed) or half empty (being a self-serving d-bag), is the 50% mark. The glass is 5% full, 95% empty. The so-called charitable gesture is as morally bankrupt and transparent as the foregoing glass, AND THAT is why people are reacting negatively to it.

Apparently, Child's Play doesn't much care to be played for a fool and pulled out. No amount of complaints would have caused them to take this action had they not felt similarly.

For NDOORS to then try to lay blame on those who pointed this out to Child's Play is just the reprehensible icing on the shit cake.

I recently purchased a vanity pet in EQ2 with 50% of the proceeds going to Child's Play, so I do practice what I espouse. Had the contribution been anything less than 50%, I would not have bought it and instead would have sent money directly to CP. Which is great option for anyone who still feels that 5% is better than nothing.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by Longswd

Apparently, Child's Play doesn't much care to be played for a fool and pulled out. No amount of complaints would have caused them to take this action had they not felt similarly.

I don't think a charity is going to give a shit where it gets money from - they are only afraid that the idiot peoples sending them hate mail will target them next for accepting the money. Ridiculous how people actually sent them messages saying "don't take it, it's a scam, boogey boogey", only to have these people think "well shit, maybe these crazy players will come after us next and try to defraud our organization over blatant BS too". They backed out because you people like to blow shit out of proportion, not because it was a scam (which I admit it was).

/facepalm_for_humanity

P.S. I bet money that most of those letters to the charity were *threatening*. At least a handful saying "they too would be exposed", or something along those lines. Lets not confuse ourselves for a second by thinking any of them were aimed at 'informing' a company as much as 'warning' them about how far the authors are willing to take the battle.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Lawllipops

Hello,

I am the Community Coordinator here at Ndoors Interactive Inc. In order to give some clarification on our promotion, we created a special item box for our players to have the opportunity to receive a desirable item within our game. As an added bonus, we would be donating 5% of our gross sales of this box to the Child’s Play charity. When we released this item we informed our players about which charity the proceeds would go to so that players who did not wish to participate by purchasing this item had the opportunity to donate to the charity directly.

The promotional item mall box in question included a group of in-game items which was gathered from our player’s feedback. This was created in order to give back to some of our users this holiday season. Players are neither required to purchase this item box to play our game, nor is it the only possible way of obtaining the items that are contained in this box.

We here at Ndoors Inc. wish to continue in keeping with the giving spirit and we will be continually giving back to charities on an annual basis. We are now working with our community in order to decide on a new charity so that the proceeds will benefit people in need.

Sincerely,

The Atlantica Online Team

To even admit you are part of this fiasco is hilarious.  Ndoors is without doubt the most despised company in the genre and this just reinforces that view.   

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Zarinh

SOE is doing the same thing I believe.  You buy the different Child's Play items for 500 Station Cash [$5] and they are donating $10.  So they are doing double the amount the players spend.

Ah, you beat me to it. For all the crap that gets flung at SOE around here, at least they know how to be charitable.

If I were still an Atlantica Online player and I felt like this was really just a cash grab with a charity front on it, I think I'd have simply not bought the item, or seriously considered moving to a different game run by a company I felt better about. But that's just me.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Hello,

I am the Community Coordinator here at Ndoors Interactive Inc. In order to give some clarification on our promotion, we created a special item box for our players to have the opportunity to receive a desirable item within our game. As an added bonus, we would be donating 5% of our gross sales of this box to the Child’s Play charity. When we released this item we informed our players about which charity the proceeds would go to so that players who did not wish to participate by purchasing this item had the opportunity to donate to the charity directly.

The promotional item mall box in question included a group of in-game items which was gathered from our player’s feedback. This was created in order to give back to some of our users this holiday season. Players are neither required to purchase this item box to play our game, nor is it the only possible way of obtaining the items that are contained in this box.

We here at Ndoors Inc. wish to continue in keeping with the giving spirit and we will be continually giving back to charities on an annual basis. We are now working with our community in order to decide on a new charity so that the proceeds will benefit people in need.

Sincerely,

To even admit you are part of this fiasco is hilarious.  Ndoors is without doubt the most despised company in the genre and this just reinforces that view.   

Sorry dude, but SOE is more despised in the genre than Ndoors will ever be.

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• SnikesSnikes Member UncommonPosts: 76

That CEO is a joke. Come on ! We're talking about rare items ! That means a half dozen of lines in their database ! That cost nothing to NDoor that's not like if they had to buy new servers to manage these items or recruit new employees. And they gonna put 95% of the cash in their pocket ?! If that was made in a true charity intent, they shoud have given 100% of the cash. I feel shame for the guys at NDOORS who came up with that "brillant" idea.

Like other people said here : that CEO should give a part of NDOOR's benefit to Child's Play and shut the fuck up about the players who whined about that disgusting and greedy campaign.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

It's not the 5% that burns me up about this thing. If Ndoors had donated 5% of all item mall sales for the month of December, that would be great.

But no, they couldn't do that. They had to turn it into a huge cash grab for them. Basically they took a $10 gamble box (with odds of about 10% of getting anything good), raised the price by $30 (to $40 total) and made the booby prize less horribly awful (but still pretty awful).

Basically the booby prize in a $10 box is worth maybe 20 million in game money (which isn't very much, the good item is probably 2-4 billion in value). The booby prize in the $40 gamble box is worth maybe 250 million, still not a lot.

And then donate 5% of the $40 box to charity (or $2). So basically $28 of extra profit for them.

The item mall in AO is by far the worse I have ever seen in any F2P game. It's basically a complete ripoff in almost every sense of the word.

For $30 a month, you basically can buy enough licenses to compare to a $15 p2p game (Blessing license + Warriors pack).

But hey, want something good, like a mount, you have to pay $10 for a 10% chance (at best) to get the good one of the moment. (You can buy a regular horse for $10)

And that's on top of the standard practice in f2p of making end game equipment so hard to acquire, you need to use cash shop items to improve them to high +s. Which can suck $100s out of people.

So anyway, while I actually do like the game of AO, the cash shop is really awful, so I was not surprised by this. Still appalled, but...

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• NinjaNerfNinjaNerf Member Posts: 163

I think this news is being blown out of proprotion. Any time when a company ties its donation to the sales of its products it is advertisement regardless of the % of the donation.

Suppose Obama donated 5% of his salary to Child's Play and 10k Americans sent complaints accusing him of buying popularity, would Child's Play refuse Obama's donation?

Although I won't touch the item mall of NDOORS with a 1000 foot pole I wouldn't have rejected their donation if I were Child's Play.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by NinjaNerf

Suppose Obama donated 5% of his salary to Child's Play and 10k Americans sent complaints accusing him of buying popularity, would Child's Play refuse Obama's donation?

Actually, yes.

If they feel that the donation is causing bad press for either party it might be called off, then swept under the rug. I remember something fairly recent to where either Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton wanted to donate money to some charity and speak for them at some event, and they politely turned down the offer - because they wanted to keep the image clean. Perhaps the overwhelming amount of rabies in those emails simply had enough to convince them that either Ndoors should not be dealt with, or that these malicious mailers might try to discredit them next. I wouldn't leave it past any of these cretins to attack a charity for taking "scam money" publically.

I can see the hype now; "games for children stripped from the pockets of poor f2p players at the hands of Satan".

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Shenlong200xShenlong200x Member Posts: 7

Personally, The thing I hate about this is not the pittance they donated, or that it was a blatant 'cash grab' that nDoors did...

It's the fact that griefers on the internet will rant about anything..

Say a random company asked players to opt into a program to have a higher monthly fee, the extra going to 'random charities'... We'd have several thousand people who were subscribed complaining about 'using charity to get more of our money'... with more than half of them possibly not in the opt-in group.

What I hate is that people seem to live to cause grief on the internet. People who seem to cry 'Scrooge' for the fact that the rich businessman is giving some money to charity over Christmas, ignoring the fact he's even giving something. People don't give a shit that the griefers won...

Congratulations, assholes. Will love to know what nDoors will do with that 5% of sales now you made their attempt to show a bit of Christmas spirit go 'poof'. If they keep it, you'll say they always were. If they find a new charity, you'll make that one pull out. It's the law of the internet.

And it stinks.

• Kaelaan21Kaelaan21 Member UncommonPosts: 349

All this garbage about, "Now Child's Play looses out on 5%" is complete, utter ignorance.

The truth is that Child's Play is an NFP (not for profit). NFP's are scrutinized all the time simply because the true definition of an NFP means that the corporation does not retain profits (unless in specific tax shelters as assets or liabilities) and has no cash value or dividends for share holders. That leaves room for "questionable" NFP's to give a large salary to its executive officers as they no longer need to worry about share holders. Most of the people who sit on the boards of an NFP sit on several boards of other NFPs. It's a very large intertwined circle that revolves completely around social networking and image.

If Child's Play took a 5% donation for items that were solely created for the purpose of charity or even an impression that they were - that would be bad PR for Child's Play. They would appear to be endorsing a new product for increased revenue gains that profit nDoors. Questions would instantly arise to see if anyone on the board or executive officers of Child's Play had any kind of compensation (i.e. Kickback) or relationship to "gift" a contract to another company.

Not to mention, think of how many people would not have donated directly to Childs Play for 100% donation because of the questionable intent. If they went through with this, I am sure that a lot of people would look elsewhere to donate their charity. Too often are people be scammed out of their money when donating to charities. Which is why any time you make a donation, you should know who you are donating to and how much of the donation actually get to where it's supposed to. In this case, how much of the 5% are going to gifts and how much are going into "operational expenses" (i.e. salaries and office expenses).

• PryettaPryetta Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by Kaelaan21

All this garbage about, "Now Child's Play looses out on 5%" is complete, utter ignorance.

The truth is that Child's Play is an NFP (not for profit). NFP's are scrutinized all the time simply because the true definition of an NFP means that the corporation does not retain profits (unless in specific tax shelters as assets or liabilities) and has no cash value or dividends for share holders. That leaves room for "questionable" NFP's to give a large salary to its executive officers as they no longer need to worry about share holders. Most of the people who sit on the boards of an NFP sit on several boards of other NFPs. It's a very large intertwined circle that revolves completely around social networking and image.

If Child's Play took a 5% donation for items that were solely created for the purpose of charity or even an impression that they were - that would be bad PR for Child's Play. They would appear to be endorsing a new product for increased revenue gains that profit nDoors. Questions would instantly arise to see if anyone on the board or executive officers of Child's Play had any kind of compensation (i.e. Kickback) or relationship to "gift" a contract to another company.

Not to mention, think of how many people would not have donated directly to Childs Play for 100% donation because of the questionable intent. If they went through with this, I am sure that a lot of people would look elsewhere to donate their charity. Too often are people be scammed out of their money when donating to charities. Which is why any time you make a donation, you should know who you are donating to and how much of the donation actually get to where it's supposed to. In this case, how much of the 5% are going to gifts and how much are going into "operational expenses" (i.e. salaries and office expenses).

Most NFP organizations do take profits from those who raised money for them by doing things such a bake sales, marathons, etc..Look at Feeding America, they are NFP but Food Network is raising money for them....Every NFP does this...and no one complains but when it become some MMO trying to help even if a little...everyone is up in arms. I don't see people telling Feeding America to pull from Food Network because they are big company. I don't see people telling March of Dimes to not do Marches to raise money when big businesses are behind them. It is a double standard and it is sick.

• zword97zword97 Member Posts: 15

I stopped playing this shit a lonnnnng time ago, i'm not saying it was a bad game. I'm saying that the game was soo good, it seemed to me like ndoors were trying to stuff up their throats by selling this and selling that. Making those who bought shit better in game and ofcourse, their wallets fatter. I hope ndoors burns in hell along with t heir money. This charity SCAM(yea, thats right) its a freaking SCAM is just unnaceptable. I saw this shit coming a mile away and its the first time i see a cash shop package go beyond $50 USD in any game. From now on, its all P2P games for me, i done with free games and their shitty cash shop and greedy owners. Happy New years folks! :)

• Zorvan01Zorvan01 Member CommonPosts: 390
    Originally posted by twiggy550

Hello,

Sincerely,

And yet SOE doubles the players donations to Child's Play while NDoors tried 5%. Fascinating.

image]image

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

I don't get why some people always want to party with one or the other side when both sides clearly stink... G.Bush was your child hero heh?

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• korndog22korndog22 Member Posts: 62

Sooo why protest this.Let me break down what I see .Maybe you will agree , maybe you won't.

Ndoors  is offering 5% of the GROSS earnings from the special box they are selling to Child's Play.That is 5% of what they make before taxes.Meaning that this money being donated is tax free to Child's play .Where as Ndoors will still have to pay taxes on the whole ammount they recieved.(Granted they will get a tax break on the donation.But this alone means that they are donating more than 5% of the actual money they get to keep.

Ndoors has bills to pay also.1st they have to pay taxes on the money they make.Then there is overhead.I mean guys lets be real here.They probably pay out half if not much more of the money they make to keep this game running.This is how they make there money .So 5% turns into a larger ammount when you factor in taxes that Ndoors pays.Plus after it is said and done, who knows how much of this money they make is actual profit? For all we know 5% of the Gross earnings , may be close to how much Ndoors actual gets to keep after Taxes and overhead,staffing,equipment etc.So for people to think that 5% is bad , it may be more than you think and it is definately better than 0%.

Which leads me to my closing thought.Now they get 0% .But Guess what .Ndoors is still going to sell that package I bet.And now they get more money.So the only company that wins here is Ndoors.This money could have helped someone.Heck it may have helped someone you know down the road.And in truth Ndoors doesn't really win either.Cuz it's player base has alienated a children's charity.They can't be at all happy about this with there company name dangling in the media.

The people who actually wrote to Child's Play should be banned imo.But thats just me.

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by Zorvan01

Originally posted by twiggy550

Hello,

Sincerely,

And yet SOE doubles the players donations to Child's Play while NDoors tried 5%. Fascinating.

Fascinating indeed. While that's fantastic for SOE, their dubious award won't be going away any time soon.

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

Originally posted by Pryetta

Most NFP organizations do take profits from those who raised money for them by doing things such a bake sales, marathons, etc..Look at Feeding America, they are NFP but Food Network is raising money for them....Every NFP does this...and no one complains but when it become some MMO trying to help even if a little...everyone is up in arms. I don't see people telling Feeding America to pull from Food Network because they are big company. I don't see people telling March of Dimes to not do Marches to raise money when big businesses are behind them. It is a double standard and it is sick.

It's actually the other way around. NFPs do not make a profit. Anything that is left over in the NFPs wallet needs to be placed in a tax shelter designed for NFPs, spent on capital or expenses (i.e. salary). Food Network is not an NFP. However, Feeding America is a NFP. Food Network makes a profit. Feeding America does not. Food Network informs viewers that it donates a certain amount of procedes to Feeding America. The rest of the procedes are considered gross profit.

The difference between the above and the nDoors issue is that nDoors claimed to have made certain items that are exclusive for the charitable event. When this happens and a portion of the procedes are held as profit - it makes people raise an eyebrow and wonder if Child's Play is just selling it's name to help market someone elses product. Usually when this happens, there are hidden financial incentives that are not disclosed (i.e. Kickbacks). It happens all the time.

An example of how bad it could be. Let's say I sit on a board of an NFP organization called Smile Play. Someone approaches me from a company, let's call mDoors for the sake of argument. mDoors creates a product for their item mall and wants to use my NFP as a way to drum up publicity. Some very nice free advertising. The item they are offering is an exclusive item and they expect about 2 million dollar return in their investment. For this, my NFP, Smile Play, will get a nice $100,000 payed in quarterly installments over the course of one year. Because mDoors really wants this new revenue, they need to woo me. Now, I happen to sit on an NFP board (board of electives) and I am not allowed to be paid any form of compensation. Only executives and employees are allowed to be paid in an NFP. This means that being on the board of an NFP organization is not my job. It's something that I do to network with other big wigs and we go out once every month and have a dinner and discuss issues and feedback from the executives. Meanwhile, I still have a day job. What do I do as a day job? Well, I own my own IT company. It is definately a for-profit corporation and it's also a cut throat business. mDoors knows this. So, mDoors mentions that with their increased revenue of 2 million that it will open up a budget to cover a needed 250 thousand dollar service contract that they will happily give to me. That is if I decide to allow Smile Play to endorse them. This means that I just profited 12.5% of the contributions that go directly in my wallet. This does happen and it happens more often than you think. Most NFP organization board members actively sit on several NFP boards at one time. It's a very exclusive social club for people that are usually of executive level or major stock holders of very profitable corporations.

On the March of Dimes comment - The contributions made to to the March of Dimes by the large corporations are 100%. This differs from the bake sale example you gave. If I owned my own bake shop and I made an exclusive muffin for the Girl Scouts (with their logo on it) one of the stipulations that most NFPs have is that although I can pay my employees for the time to bake the muffin and the ingredients used in the muffin - my company cannot make a profit on the muffin. This means any sales revenue of the muffin will not make company grow or end up in my pocket. There is a clear difference.

Originally posted by Kaelaan21

It's actually the other way around. NFPs do not make a profit. Anything that is left over in the NFPs wallet needs to be placed in a tax shelter designed for NFPs, spent on capital or expenses (i.e. salary). Food Network is not an NFP. However, Feeding America is a NFP. Food Network makes a profit. Feeding America does not. Food Network informs viewers that it donates a certain amount of procedes to Feeding America. The rest of the procedes are considered gross profit.

The difference between the above and the nDoors issue is that nDoors claimed to have made certain items that are exclusive for the charitable event. When this happens and a portion of the procedes are held as profit - it makes people raise an eyebrow and wonder if Child's Play is just selling it's name to help market someone elses product. Usually when this happens, there are hidden financial incentives that are not disclosed (i.e. Kickbacks). It happens all the time.

An example of how bad it could be. Let's say I sit on a board of an NFP organization called Smile Play. Someone approaches me from a company, let's call mDoors for the sake of argument. mDoors creates a product for their item mall and wants to use my NFP as a way to drum up publicity. Some very nice free advertising. The item they are offering is an exclusive item and they expect about 2 million dollar return in their investment. For this, my NFP, Smile Play, will get a nice $100,000 payed in quarterly installments over the course of one year. Because mDoors really wants this new revenue, they need to woo me. Now, I happen to sit on an NFP board (board of electives) and I am not allowed to be paid any form of compensation. Only executives and employees are allowed to be paid in an NFP. This means that being on the board of an NFP organization is not my job. It's something that I do to network with other big wigs and we go out once every month and have a dinner and discuss issues and feedback from the executives. Meanwhile, I still have a day job. What do I do as a day job? Well, I own my own IT company. It is definately a for-profit corporation and it's also a cut throat business. mDoors knows this. So, mDoors mentions that with their increased revenue of 2 million that it will open up a budget to cover a needed 250 thousand dollar service contract that they will happily give to me. That is if I decide to allow Smile Play to endorse them. This means that I just profited 12.5% of the contributions that go directly in my wallet. This does happen and it happens more often than you think. Most NFP organization board members actively sit on several NFP boards at one time. It's a very exclusive social club for people that are usually of executive level or major stock holders of very profitable corporations.

On the March of Dimes comment - The contributions made to to the March of Dimes by the large corporations are 100%. This differs from the bake sale example you gave. If I owned my own bake shop and I made an exclusive muffin for the Girl Scouts (with their logo on it) one of the stipulations that most NFPs have is that although I can pay my employees for the time to bake the muffin and the ingredients used in the muffin - my company cannot make a profit on the muffin. This means any sales revenue of the muffin will not make company grow or end up in my pocket. There is a clear difference.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/451712 <--Yet no one has gone to Child's Play about Bioware...I guess because Bioware is different and they are giving all the money to them I believe.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/451712 <--Yet no one has gone to Child's Play about Bioware...I guess because Bioware is different and they are giving all the money to them I believe.

100% of the proceeds from the auction are going to Child's Play. The big difference is that the winner of the auction is getting a giant banner (signed by each member), each collector's edition (signed by the team), lithographs, a shield, comics, and more. That must have been pretty expensive for them, yet the only money being deducted out of the auction is going to Ebay's required deductions. Bioware is actually taking a loss (Not a big one for a company, but a nicely sized one nonetheless) for all the physical items they had to have created.

No one will raise stink about Bioware because there is nothing to raise stink over. We trust the company has good intentions, and that they're not secretly taking a bit off the top for themselves. 

Meanwhile, who are nDoors? One of the couple thousand cookie cutter Korean "free to play" item mall developers? From what I've seen researching this over the past couple days, people already don't trust nDoors. Not because the game is bad, but because of the random grab-bags sold in the item shop.

Originally posted by Omali

100% of the proceeds from the auction are going to Child's Play. The big difference is that the winner of the auction is getting a giant banner (signed by each member), each collector's edition (signed by the team), lithographs, a shield, comics, and more. That must have been pretty expensive for them, yet the only money being deducted out of the auction is going to Ebay's required deductions. Bioware is actually taking a loss (Not a big one for a company, but a nicely sized one nonetheless) for all the physical items they had to have created.

No one will raise stink about Bioware because there is nothing to raise stink over. We trust the company has good intentions, and that they're not secretly taking a bit off the top for themselves. 

Meanwhile, who are nDoors? One of the couple thousand cookie cutter Korean "free to play" item mall developers? From what I've seen researching this over the past couple days, people already don't trust nDoors. Not because the game is bad, but because of the random grab-bags sold in the item shop.

Not a big loss? That is four thousand dollars...that is what it closed at...not .99 cents like it started out at...but really. No one trusts nDoors, we get that...but what about the people raising a stink over Blizzard and their fund raising? I thought Blizzard was trusted as well...then again it might be the Activision part of Bliizard people don't like.

Not a big loss? That is four thousand dollars...that is what it closed at...not .99 cents like it started out at...but really. No one trusts nDoors, we get that...but what about the people raising a stink over Blizzard and their fund raising? I thought Blizzard was trusted as well...then again it might be the Activision part of Bliizard people don't like.

Because.... Blizzard made the item specifically to profit from and is only using the "portion of procedes" crap as a way to get people to buy a product from them, which they will make a sizable profit from. Something that probably only took about 10-20k to develop in terms of man hours applied to their monstrous staff.

If Blizzard donated all procedes before Jan. 1st for the purchase of those items - people would be singing a completely different tune. They aren't. Also, I think they you may not understand the difference between a charitable auction and a commercial product that has a portion of it's profits is donated to charity.

There are people out there that make a good amount of money by using language to their advantage. For example, I could sell pink T-Shirts with cute random sayings on them for $10 each. Advertise that "A portion of the procedes from the purchase of these shirts will be donated to Breast Cancer Research Foundation". People tend to get all mushy about that stuff and will pick one or two up just to feel better about themselves. Sure, I will make a donation of 10 cents for every shirt that I sell. The shirt only costs me $2 each from some third world country in low quantities. So, I make $7.90 for every shirt that I sell to some sucker with soft spot. I'll even come up with some website that plays sad music and shows pictures of young girls who have died of breast cancer. What's the difference? In the case of nDoors, the cost compared to revenue is much, much less. So, it means that they make off with even more money that the pink shirt scam.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543
    Originally posted by Archemorous

Just goes to show that some people will complain about the sky being blue. And those people should be put on a spaceshuttle and be shot into the sun.

Just goes to show that some people are money grubbing bastards who'll use the guise of charity to pour money into their pockets. And other people are so incredibly short-sighted that they actually defend these greasy practices.

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

Thats a decidated MMo gamer right there.. Will stop even a chairty for children if it means tey wont be "uber l33t"  anymore.

Sad

sad

Sick world

It..Burns..

• LiljnaLiljna Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by GTwander

I don't think a charity is going to give a shit where it gets money from - they are only afraid that the idiot peoples sending them hate mail will target them next for accepting the money. Ridiculous how people actually sent them messages saying "don't take it, it's a scam, boogey boogey", only to have these people think "well shit, maybe these crazy players will come after us next and try to defraud our organization over blatant BS too".

Of course it matters where the money comes from. I have a feeling a charity working for Children wouldn't accept money from child labor companies, or perhaps companies making landmines (which children are known to find while playing)..

For some absurd reason, I actually think Charities have a conscience and won't accept just any kind of money.

I normally avoid going through such company offers and give my money directly to the charity I want to help. This way I know they get all the money.

I suggest people simply give money directly to Child's Play :)