Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about giving aoc a try

DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

Hey I tried aoc a while ago with a necro for like a couple of days. I'm thinking about giving it another shot after the new expansion comes out and I'm wondering which calss has the potential of dishing out the most damage out of all the classes. I already did some research but didnt find any answers.

Comments

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

Well, with skill or without skill?

In theory, all classes can dish out amazing damage, just look at some videoes of them all. There are a few things though, as some players can take out 3 others at there same lvl without even being close to dieing, and thats still far from endgame range(!)

Also, there seems to be some difference between melee & casters, but I think its easy for a skilled meelee to take a caster down, if they know what they are doing. In AoC, its just harder with some classes then others to master due to the combat system.

Necros are powerful for the time being at least, but there are some changes in 1,06 patch, well, we will see.

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

Whens next patch coming out ?

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Datcyde

Whens next patch coming out ?

Partially up on the test servers at the moment, so we will be looking probably at incremental live update releases maybe. So over the next couple months leading right into the Expansion in the first half of 2010 which is in closed beta right now.

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

The free trial download didint work for me, game stop didnt have it one near had it but dididnt have time to go there.

Avery do you know which is the most pupulated pvp server?

• MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389

I just recently came back to AoC, and to my suprise, the game is finally polished and truly is amazing!! However, one must keep in mind, that pvp is extremely difficult in this game and requires actual "skills". My advice would be getting a jump start on the expansion and start leveling your toon now! :) expansion content will be amazing!

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Originally posted by maitrader

I just recently came back to AoC, and to my suprise, the game is finally polished and truly is amazing!! However, one must keep in mind, that pvp is extremely difficult in this game and requires actual "skills". My advice would be getting a jump start on the expansion and start leveling your toon now! :) expansion content will be amazing!

Same feelings here. I just came back. Granted I didnt get a chance to play that long the first time around. and I am loving it.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Datcyde

The free trial download didint work for me, game stop didnt have it one near had it but dididnt have time to go there.
    Avery do you know which is the most pupulated pvp server?

Hey mate, my guess would be Tyranny followed by Cimmeria.

• andredocandredoc Member UncommonPosts: 119

Game is running great now, the 1.06 patch and the expansion will make it superb!