Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame p2p good EU communtiy (aion? LOTRO?)

PringlerPringler Member Posts: 6

Hi folks,

A little bit about my mmo experience:

1. Everquest (years) - The game that started it all for me I played a Warrior on the server that was run by a gerbil on a wheel - Bristlebane. Happy Days were in that game Played from Start and through to SOL expansion killing most content dragons and gods with dorf faction. Loved that loot wasn't bound and hand me downs in guild were always there but i would never pass on my blessed 'Cloak of Flames' :)
  2. DAOC (years)- Played many classes to high RR but loved my Alb merc and scout for play style. The PVP was meaning with skill required for tactics and positional combat and you could solo or be with a zerg and have an effect in both OF and NF areas. Didn't mind the Grind and buffbots and even downed the tree man in sidi a number of times.
  3. EQ2 (months)- Played for a while when I thought it would be like EQ1
  4. WOW (years)- One of each char to 80 maxed out all content and raids (never cleared aq40 in classic tho :( ) with an ok arena team, hate how its all spoon fed and badges grind so everyone has it all with no work other then doing the daily and PVP is meaning less win or loose with no effect. with no real bonus of crafting since TBC.
  5. AOC (month) - Good combat mechanics but too buggy at launch to make me continue
  6. WAR (months)- Many chars to a high level, loved it at the start but end content was empty with little variation with only 2 realms where the zerg always won and keeps swapping over way to easy and not worth defending. The game needs population and its too small in the EU servers
  7. FE trial (week) - Loved the crafting  but the combat just wasn't my style

So what am I after:

1. Good crafting - you must be able to craft end game items with a risk reward element, either be it with rare drops or rated gear like DAOC
  2. Good EU community - I play in the EU timezones so while some games are good in the states with their servers sometimes the EU servers are dead or are supported by other companies that don't really care (goa anyone?) Im a mature in his late twentys and will always use voicecoms in games so want to know people who i play with and not OMG UBER LEWT LOOLOLOL style of game. I find it awarding helping others get gear and achievements and want a community that feels the same.
  3. Not a solo fest game but content can be seen by being solo
  4. I like the idea of PVP but its not a must, if its there though it needs to be meaning full and not all about epeen.

Any recommendations? I was thinking Aion but the constant bitchfest from people has made me think twice but I'm free to any suggestions :)

Cheers

Paul

EQ1, DAOC, EQ2, WOW, AOC,Dungeon Runners, WAR, DF WOW, FE

Comments

• HaliaxHaliax Member Posts: 18

Aion is a bit grindy for my like and if you can get past that the PvP still isn't all that special.  It is unique in a sense, I'll give it that, but in large battles (Abyss) it is rather zerg-ish for my like.

• WaaaghWaaagh Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Pringler

Any recommendations? I was thinking Aion but the constant bitchfest from people has made me think twice but I'm free to any suggestions :)
    Cheers
    Paul

never thought I would be pluging Darkfalls but this game is old school and I really like it. very hard but with your background I think you would like it.

• JazqaJazqa Member Posts: 465

for community in EU timezones, EQ2 or Lotro, just started EQ2 and played lotro over year ago so I 'm not sure. Anyways, I just started EQ2 and I have been helped alot, boosted instances, gained achievements etc.. my guild is really nice.

I also remember when I was playing lotro, people were very nice over there. Though the crafting isn't what you're looking for if I remember right.

• thelastflamethelastflame Member Posts: 1

I am going to be joining Aion.

I have only been playing mmo's for four years now, so I dont go back as far as Everquest. However, I have played my fair share of mmo's and I need something new, with potential and a good EU base, not soo different from you huh?.

When Aion was released there was a lot of arguing and interesting debate about it, yet with how the game population and content is expanding its hard to resist it. I have waited for a couple of months before signing up to it as I haven't wanted to jump into an unstable world (just after buying the special edition which looks as spanking as it feels). But now the game seems to be in fine condition so I know I won't have second thoughts. The population appears completely fine with how the game is coming along and to be quite frank I can't wait to be a part of it. And if the worst comes to the worst its not the end of time itself, just some wasted money. This game is picking up the hype it once let drop and I wont miss out on it.

Hope my opinion helps :)

Kind Regards

The Last Flame.

• NamkoNamko Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Jazqa

for community in EU timezones, EQ2 or Lotro, just started EQ2 and played lotro over year ago so I 'm not sure. Anyways, I just started EQ2 and I have been helped alot, boosted instances, gained achievements etc.. my guild is really nice.
    I also remember when I was playing lotro, people were very nice over there. Though the crafting isn't what you're looking for if I remember right.

Lotro still has a Mature community. :)

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SandyBrown"]Lotro:[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Wheat"]Rolhad[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Wheat"]The Nine[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Wheat"]Evernight[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• PringlerPringler Member Posts: 6

Many thanks for your replys

Re Darkfall : I forgot this one from my list after being their at the start i soon quit after half of the guilds abused a bug that spoiled most small guild progress with very little feedback from the devs :(

How well is the end game stuff in Lotro and Aion? What EQ or WOW bosses does it compare to with complexity and how many people does it take to kill and see endgame content?

I dont know why but i get the impression lotro is a hand holding experience is this true?

It may be fun to play a game with zero pvp again and it may have less greedy players

EQ1, DAOC, EQ2, WOW, AOC,Dungeon Runners, WAR, DF WOW, FE