Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taco bell

So a while ago for lunch at work I was going to go to Taco Bell, and on the off chance decided to ask everyone if they wanted anything.    I was surprised by the response's which ranged from "Ewww" to "No thanks I'd get sick" and "not today".

So the poll is:

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

Comments

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

Taco Bell would be lovely, good sir. I like that you're thinking outside the bun.

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

It's about as tasty/unhealthy as any of the other fast food options. And I like the variety of stuff they have for under a buck.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I'll eat at Taco Bell but only when I'm tired of eating elsewhere first. The cost of individual items may seem cheap but it costs the same as other places when you get enough to fill you up. For Tex-Mex it's about as bland as you can get.  They do have free Starlight Mints though.

Taco Cabana is a whole lot better.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

About 6 years ago I walked into a taco bell and noticed the girl behind the counter had long finger nails, not the cheap kind you get at a beauty salon or fancy painted long nails, just long and unkempt nails.  I couldnt help but notice the dark lines of dirt under each nail as she rang up my order and thought to myself "man, thank god shes just a cashier.  She looks like she just worked on a truck"

After my order was placed, she proceded to walk behind the counter and assemble my order.. without gloves.  I nearly vomited at the thought that the black line of dirt under her nails was in fact the food she had been digging her claws into for the past several hours as she assembled food on the line when she wasnt handling money at the cash register.

I didnt even wait for my order to be finished and I just walked out of the place not even bothering to get my money back.  That actually turned me off from eating out anywhere for quite some time.  Even now, I think about it and I avoid any form of fast food like the plague unless I can watch them assemble the food and ensure theyre wearing at the very least..gloves.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I have not eaten there in I'd say ~6 months now.  Then again I am limiting my fast food intake all together and Taco Bell is the last place I'd go if I had a choice. 

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• PyrichPyrich Member Posts: 1,040

Haven't ate Taco Bell in over a year,  but that's because i live in west texas atm,   the mexican population here would probabley burn the place down as being sacrilegious,  really...  not kidding.  They take their food seriously,  and taco bell is a sin here.   Almost everyday at work the Taco Bell hate spews and everyone in a mob like mentality join in to collectively damn them.   Plenty of better options,  though you're looking to spend quite a bit more for less.  The quality more than makes up for it.

Even when I lived in taco bell friendly places though the menu was limited,  7 layer burritos,  or a grilled stuffed steak one,  thats about it.

Taco Bueno however is excused because they do make some damn good beans.  Almost as good as home made...  well they are home made as in they make them from scratch in all.  You know what i mean.  I think Del Taco or The Green Burrito would do alright out here,  but i havent seen one of them since i lived in Cali.

**and i'm really not kidding,  the crew would probabley be spared do to their young age and ignorance,  but the building would most likely be burned to the ground.  The taco b hate here is worse than the most extreme racism i've seen**

• vinwieselvinwiesel Member Posts: 114

Around here the taco bells vary wildly in quality.  There is one that has been shut down twice due to human fecal contamination, another that is equally disgusting, 2 that are decent quality but slow, an one that is very clean with great food. You would think that as a franchise there would be some consistency but it seems to vary more wildly than any other fast-food joint.  Every wendys or mcdonalds has the same stale salty burgers, but they are all equal.  Fast food in general is just in decline.  I dare say all food since more people have office jobs and are dependent on the prepared food industry.

• SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

yes, i'll take about 5 soft tacos with extra pedigree wet dog food, large pepsi, and make sure to grab a couple handfuls of mild sauce.

Originally posted by vinwiesel

Around here the taco bells vary wildly in quality.  There is one that has been shut down twice due to human fecal contamination, another that is equally disgusting, 2 that are decent quality but slow, an one that is very clean with great food. You would think that as a franchise there would be some consistency but it seems to vary more wildly than any other fast-food joint.  Every wendys or mcdonalds has the same stale salty burgers, but they are all equal.  Fast food in general is just in decline.  I dare say all food since more people have office jobs and are dependent on the prepared food industry.

you're from fort collins. just venture a little bit south to loveland and hit up the johnson's corner truck/travel stop for the best damn cinnamon rolls in the fucking world! their diner is open 24/7. here are a couple of pics of those lovely things for those who don't know:

they're always soft and take quite some time before they start going stale.

• vinwieselvinwiesel Member Posts: 114

Ah, a local?  Then you probably also know it was the 10th street Greeley taco bell that had the health violations.  Stay the hell away from that one.  Better yet, stay away from Greeley if at all possible!  Also those cinnamon rolls are awesome to grab on the way up to the slopes.

i pass through there whenever my job has me going to or through there. i've heard of that taco smell. one of my friends got the shits from that very location.

• PinkzillaPinkzilla Member Posts: 6

Taco Bell rocks!!! :D I had three 7 layer burritos and some cinnamon twists last night. :P

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586
    Originally posted by Pinkzilla

Taco Bell rocks!!! :D I had three 7 layer burritos and some cinnamon twists last night. :P

Enjoy your future cardiac arrest and / or anuerism.....

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613
    Originally posted by Syncrosonix

you're from fort collins. just venture a little bit south to loveland and hit up the johnson's corner truck/travel stop for the best damn cinnamon rolls in the fucking world! their diner is open 24/7. here are a couple of pics of those lovely things for those who don't know:

I want some <3

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• PinkzillaPinkzilla Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Jimmy_Scythe

Originally posted by Pinkzilla

Enjoy your future cardiac arrest and / or anuerism.....

Thanks, I will!

Originally posted by paulscott

Originally posted by Syncrosonix

I want some <3

not only are the cinnamon rolls delicious, their food is full of awesomeness. the plate behind the roll is what was left of my 1lb cheeseburger and french fries.  you will NOT get the shits from eating there. for it being mainly a truck stop, their service is second to none. their facilities are clean, the hot water runs consistently, and i make it an important stop whenever i'm driving through. i gotta have a roll or two!

http://www.johnsonscorner.com/

• jcrawjcraw Member Posts: 4

I'd still buy some.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Maybe I am a freak because I do not think what they serve is the least bit appetizing.  It grosses me out just thinking about it.  It doesn;t even look like food to me.. but then again When I "think" Mexican food I expect it to at least look like this:

I am not sure what that is they are supposed to be serving.. but I do know it looks and tastes nothing like this ..

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by paulscott

So a while ago for lunch at work I was going to go to Taco Bell, and on the off chance decided to ask everyone if they wanted anything.    I was surprised by the response's which ranged from "Ewww" to "No thanks I'd get sick" and "not today".
    So the poll is:

Being from California (Mexico Alpha 1) I have to say this.

FK Tacobell.

Not only is the food bland, fugly and just plain wrong looking... Actually that's it.

I grew up in a very mexican neighborhood. I was spoiled.

Then again I'm the type of guy who will get a tongue taco x4 from taco trucks.

So where does that leave me!

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

I love Mexican food (it's right up there with my favorite ethnic foods), but I would not go to Taco Bell unless I were really hungry and had no alternative.

Everything is prepackaged and merely reheated; the ingredients are of the lowest grade and the employees have a tendency to not always use gloves, or any other hygiene for that matter.

Mexican food is generally easy enough to do yourself as long as you have access to the ingredients.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.