Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mount and Blade Warband

2»

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Gameloading
    No it shouldn't. Good combat is over the top combat, not dull realistic combat.

I don't agree, combat should at least be more realistic than current MMOs. But the big problem is that all MMOs AIs are retarded, when mobs start to act like humans we can talk about changing the mechanics too.

Certain weapons should be better against certain people. IRL is a Katana great against someone in light or no armor but a western sword is far better against someone in chainmail or plate. Stuff like that is logical.

I havn't played mount and blades but the mechanics sounds fun to me.

• RoutverRoutver Member Posts: 383

I don't think it should be applied to every game, but it sure is more entertaining than just watching the cooldown of your skills so you can use them again.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

I hope the Warband expansion plays well, they polish their network code and are in a position to provide us with an MMO at some point in the future. That would be a blast!

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

Originally posted by Teala

See these vids....this is how combat should be in all games.   Nothing beats it.   OMG it is so much fun.  

Games like AION have nice FX for spells, but is more or less a game you can play sleeping. You can write a script that type 1, 2 , 3 , 3, 3, 3, 4, 3, 2, 2, 1, ... and the game will play automatically, you can perfectly play looking at a movie on the TV.  

Mount and Blade force you to look at the screen, react, play, move, defend.  

I know what of both games are awesome and what one is dull.