Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Problem that need to be addressed in the future): Easier to get [Starter] PvP gear

tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

I never understood back in the older X-pacs, how somebody new to WoW could not like WoW's PvP. It is very fun.

But I had made a big mistake, and that was to quit WoW, a few months after WoTLK came out.

And right now, iam just as annoyed with WoW's End Game PvP, just as much as a WoW hater on these boreds.

 

Problem is, since I been gone, I couldnt collect Honor points to make a desent Relilience set. So trying to PvP for Honor, later on in the X-pac, leads to very fustration PvP gameplay. No matter how skilled you are. the closes thing a Skilled player can do with bad PvP gear, is try to reduce the damage your ally take, and to CC enemies. Other then that, its a no go.

Also, there is no Weapons in the Honor Vendor. So trying to pick up a developed Melee Weapon for Melee classes, later on in the X-pac, is troublesom.

Everything is Arena focused when it comes to PvP gear. So people new to WoW, without Real life Friends, will have trouble gaining PvP gear, to play the Pug(Battle Ground) games, against older players.

Iam not going to suggest WoW leaves its Item Based focus, but what I do suggest, is giving players a free basic PvP set. This set idea, wouldnt be better then Honor nor Arena gear, but it will have the resilience and Hp needed to last in a fight. Sort of how Guild Wars gives PvP toons a PvP set from start.

This could at least allow WoW to show off how great the PvP is in the game, without fustration of jumping into PvP with leveling gear on and such. So it wouldnt Rage Quit off New Players, and returners.

 

tell me what you think people

Comments

  • twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by tro44_1


    I never understood back in the older X-pacs, how somebody new to WoW could not like WoW's PvP. It is very fun.
    But I had made a big mistake, and that was to quit WoW, a few months after WoTLK came out.
    And right now, iam just as annoyed with WoW's End Game PvP, just as much as a WoW hater on these boreds.
     
    Problem is, since I been gone, I couldnt collect Honor points to make a desent Relilience set. So trying to PvP for Honor, later on in the X-pac, leads to very fustration PvP gameplay. No matter how skilled you are. the closes thing a Skilled player can do with bad PvP gear, is try to reduce the damage your ally take, and to CC enemies. Other then that, its a no go.
    Also, there is no Weapons in the Honor Vendor. So trying to pick up a developed Melee Weapon for Melee classes, later on in the X-pac, is troublesom.
    Everything is Arena focused when it comes to PvP gear. So people new to WoW, without Real life Friends, will have trouble gaining PvP gear, to play the Pug(Battle Ground) games, against older players.
    Iam not going to suggest WoW leaves its Item Based focus, but what I do suggest, is giving players a free basic PvP set. This set idea, wouldnt be better then Honor nor Arena gear, but it will have the resilience and Hp needed to last in a fight. Sort of how Guild Wars gives PvP toons a PvP set from start.
    This could at least allow WoW to show off how great the PvP is in the game, without fustration of jumping into PvP with leveling gear on and such. So it wouldnt Rage Quit off New Players, and returners.
     
    tell me what you think people

     

    I came to the same conclusion you did as far as basic PvP armor goes, unfortunately I don't think they plan on releasing that any time, if at all. Maybe cataclysm, but definitely right now.

    Although, it's not very hard to acquire PvP gear on your own so the only thing left ya got is time. I do see them implementing basic PvP armor in the future though considering it would create a sort of starting place for WoW's PvP, and overall it would become more casual friendly than it already is.

    "IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

  • KnightcryKnightcry Member Posts: 168

    Bad attempt at trolling.  In the slim chance this being real and you being retarded, how much easier do people need it? Try putting some time into it and earn it. Damn slackers.

  • twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by Knightcry


    Bad attempt at trolling.  In the slim chance this being real and you being retarded, how much easier do people need it? Try putting some time into it and earn it. Damn slackers.

     

    Not really a question of how much easier do people need it, but how much easier can Blizzard (or Activision) milk their product for every dollar sign they can. Trolling or not, it's still a possibility

    "IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

  • ChlodwigChlodwig Member Posts: 150

    Earning that gear? Great idea.

    Let's go, join a PvP battle in abysmal PvE gear (because, as said before, you don't have any sensible PvP equipment) and go earn your stripes. Let's even assume you are PvP specced.

    You will die. A lot. And fairly easily too. Basically, compared to even an average PvP player in average gear, you're little more than a target dummy. For simplicity's sake, let's assume you're not a Priest and can thus at least do something meaningful like healing someone before you get blown off your socks.

    What will your team do? They will see one thing: They're lacking firepower. They're quite pissed at you now because they're probably losing. Because of you. Kickvote anyone?

    And now one question, do you get any rewards when you get kickvoted out of your group? Hmmmmm?

  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,393

    They said that with Cat they wish to do something like this.



    But unless they update the "Easier" gear to get, than you'll get that same starter gear while everyone else is three seasons past it.  Granted if you wanna pvp that badly, just do heroics and buy the last seasons gear.

  • ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462
    Originally posted by Chlodwig


    Earning that gear? Great idea.
    Let's go, join a PvP battle in abysmal PvE gear (because, as said before, you don't have any sensible PvP equipment) and go earn your stripes. Let's even assume you are PvP specced.
    You will die. A lot. And fairly easily too. Basically, compared to even an average PvP player in average gear, you're little more than a target dummy. For simplicity's sake, let's assume you're not a Priest and can thus at least do something meaningful like healing someone before you get blown off your socks.
    What will your team do? They will see one thing: They're lacking firepower. They're quite pissed at you now because they're probably losing. Because of you. Kickvote anyone?
    And now one question, do you get any rewards when you get kickvoted out of your group? Hmmmmm?

    Pretty much this. If you have little to no Resilience, your survivability is laughable. I've killed Horde with PvE gear on in 4-5 hits. Explosive shot double crit for over 8k, Aimed Shot crit for over 4k, and a possible regular shot crit for 1-2k. Depends on their health, but they're still done pretty quick. Hell, even with it, if you're not a Priest, Pally, or Druid, it's tough to survive, but with it, you live longer.

    As for the OP's idea, I wouldn't mind it. If Blizzard wants to split their gear into defined PvE and PvP, and they offer starting PvE gear, why not offer starting PvP gear, too? Though I got my gear through Honor Points by doing a lot of Wintergrasp (which Alliance usually wins... or, won, before the revamp a few patches ago). Doing the weekly quests there and turning them in at once can net you over 16k Honor in one battle, almost half of what's required for PvP gloves or shoulders. Of course, if your side usually doesn't win WG, you're screwed. I also agree with the OP that PvP is focused on Arena, with BGs and WG taking a backseat. That's something I definitely don't like. Arena is something that is truly enjoyed by... 10% of the population. Most people do it for one reason: it's the way to get the best PvP gear. I suppose Blizzard intended it to be this way, but still. Well, I guess Blizzard isn't too keen on multiple paths to the best gear. In PvE, you have to raid, and in PvP, you have to do Arena.

    image

  • zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

    I dont even bother to pvp on my alts. I get killed right off the bat and its just no fun earning that gear in the graveyard.

     

     

    They had released a blue starter set of pvp gear in BC, but they didnt do the same thing this xpac /shrug

  • KnightcryKnightcry Member Posts: 168

    You guys seem to expect to have an equal chance from the start versus people that have did arenas since LK went live and that is completely fail. Go get some cheap wintergrasp and misc other pvp gear and socket it with resil. That is where everyone else had to start, why do you guys expect to skip that and move to higher tier arena gear from the start? GO EARN IT.

  • TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

    What level of PvP are you aiming for?

    Each armor class has a fairly good set of craftable blue level 78 PvP gear with resillence that is great for starting in on PvP at higher levels.  A few Wintergrasps or BGs will get you the honor and or marks to upgrade some of those pieces to PvP epics.  Run a VoA or two and you will pick up some more PvP gear. 

    The best PvP gear is reserved for arenas which I believe to be a mistake but before that you can pick up some really nice PvP sets.

  • ChlodwigChlodwig Member Posts: 150
    Originally posted by Knightcry


    You guys seem to expect to have an equal chance from the start versus people that have did arenas since LK went live and that is completely fail. Go get some cheap wintergrasp and misc other pvp gear and socket it with resil. That is where everyone else had to start, why do you guys expect to skip that and move to higher tier arena gear from the start? GO EARN IT.

     

    Asking for equal chance in a PvP environment that is geared towards putting both sides into leveled starting points (i.e. symmetrical arenas and equal number of people)? That's unpossible!

    Snideness aside. I guess nobody asks for top level PvP gear for free. What people ask for is a chance to earn it, as you suggest.

    Imagine this: Someone joins your PUG (oh, of course, hardcore PvPers like you have a kickass guild crew that matches each other... but let's assume the others don't wanna play on, say, New Year's Eve and you have to PUG). You notice that his gear stinks. Big time. Because he's one of the people that try to "earn" said gear.

    May I take a wild guess who starts the kickvote of the "b00n"?

    How do you want to "earn" that gear without a chance to earn it? Do you want to drag that dead weight along 'til he can afford gear that makes him competitive?

  • KnightcryKnightcry Member Posts: 168

    When I was doing the raiding guild thing I always set aside a spot or two for undergeared in 25s and as many as I could in 10s that would allow us to do it. The whole time I reminded them as we failed in 10s because the lack of dps or healing that this is why they all can't go for 25s otherwise none of us would be able to do it.

    The fact is the instant gratification bullshit in WoW has killed the game literally for many people. The arena is the only place left for people that will grind out matches for gear. Leave this to them and don't soil it with player who don't deserve it. Most of the complainers are horrible and rarely use the character to its potential, so WoW should reward them for sucking?  It's like how most people refer to hunters as huntards. Anyone can play a hunter but to excel you need to know your class in and out not just dps charts. Same thing for rogues, it isn't all just stab stab stab ops i messed up, poof vanish.

Sign In or Register to comment.