Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Name That Starship Class Contest

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Cryptic Studios has announced a new contest for Star Trek Online dubbed the "Name That Starship Contest." In the contest, players will get a chance to name one of three never-before-seen starship classes to be featured in Star Trek Online as Tier 5 ships. Players will be provided a submission form and images of the ships and simply need to come up with a suitable name for the designs.

Contest winners will receive a free copy of Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Edition, a poster of their named Starship, and a unique in-game title: Starship Designer.

For more details on the contest, go here.

Comments

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005

Three STO articles today...wow, and yesterday, I joked about MMORPG posting two STO articles a day until release.

Wasn't there a recent Top 5 List article about the things we'd like to see less of in 2010, and Hype being one of those things? Just sayin'

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

• mmcguire2mmcguire2 Member Posts: 310

I call USS Hype

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by mmcguire2

I call USS Hype

He he heh.

USS Failboat?

Isn't there a demotivational poster about that? - I'm too lazy to look it up - In fact, this game has overhyped already and I am burned out - sick of reading about it - seeing it - wondering about what features it actually has that they are not showing us in the "less than 2 months from launch / pay to play beta" - hell so fed up I am rambling without punctuation....

At least the thread on the Twighlight MMO is funny.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• LongswdLongswd Member Posts: 155

What happened with Cryptic's last contest, the CO costume contest? I never saw the results of that reported on anywhere (and I went out of my way to look for it too). 1st place was supposed to be getting a vehicle.

• ZorkenZorken Member UncommonPosts: 54

and its a US only contest yay............

epic prize really, you get your name on the ships but the US only just show how much cryptic wants the rest of the world in there game. and no it cant be the laws that stops it. mmorpg can do contests thats not US only

Benjamin Franklin wrote the best quote to use for MMOs in development.
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by Zorken

and its a US only contest yay............
    epic prize really, you get your name on the ships but the US only just show how much cryptic wants the rest of the world in there game. and no it cant be the laws that stops it. mmorpg can do contests thats not US only

US only... I wonder why?

(my suspicion is that Consumer Laws elsewhere are a cause for concern...)

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• ZorkenZorken Member UncommonPosts: 54

and like i sayd why can mmorpg have world wide contests like the holiday sweepstakes. its a US web site owned by a US company.

Benjamin Franklin wrote the best quote to use for MMOs in development.
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

• LexiscatLexiscat Member Posts: 204

USS Novial, Nova, Supernova, Oldstar, Deadstar, Spent, Phoenix...

"USS Phoenix"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Feel free to use this winning idea.

“Nothing excites jaded Grandmasters more than a theoretical novelty”

• HathiHathi Member Posts: 236

I think you are naming a class of ships, not a single ship. So you if you win, all those ships in the game of that design would be yours in fame;

1. Stud Class 

2. Pwn class

3. Kitty Class

Finally - Best site for Chuck Norris
    http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Special Ed Class

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• eltonshaneeltonshane Member Posts: 1

The "USS How did our saucer section end up inside this Klingon warship?"

Or "USS WTF!?" for short.