Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im coming! But a quick question

Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340

After watching hours marathon of Star Wars on Spike TV i have gotten the urge to try out SWG.

I just want to know is the game thriving on its few servers. I played for a month back pre- CU and such.

So its been at the least 2 years since ive played so im sure this game will catch me, im tired of sitting front of my computer and having no drive to play anything and just sitting on my other Toons sitting in the main cities all day.

Here goes nothing. And Commando it is :P

Oh yea and question.. is there like instanced story missions i can partake in solo and with other people?

Comments

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Starsider is the most populated server and will be the least effected with the declining playerbase. If anything, many players from the other servers transfer or reroll on Starsider due to its population.

While there has been solo friendly content added, such as collections or the Meatlump Themepark, most of the added instances such as the Heroic instances are group intensive. If your interested in PvP, there are PvP battle fields and a GCW update is already on the Test Center.

I would suggest that you fiind and join an active guild, or you may still find yourself sitting in the main cities all day if the non-combatant content doesn't keep you busy (trader, resources, BM crafting, etc.).

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Me and a few of my buddies just came back the other day.

Starsider and Bria are great servers. I've found a lot of helpful folks on them as well. The game has its problems and its more of a Star Wars theme park like Disney World than it is an immersive Star Wars experience... but, its not too shabby at all.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by Drago  
    After watching hours marathon of Star Wars on Spike TV i have gotten the urge to try out SWG.
     I just want to know is the game thriving on its few servers. I played for a month back pre- CU and such.
    Oh yea and question.. is there like instanced story missions i can partake in solo and with other people?

To answer your question - NO! The game is NOT "thriving", it's dying, which is why they closed half their servers recently. I'm sure that if you can post here, you've been keen enough to read the O-Boards too...what did you find there? Contentment? No.

If you're a solo player, good luck to you. I hope you Role Play because there's no high-end PvE stuff you can do solo. Since the NGE, all added PvE combat content (minus the lower level Meatlump Themepark) has been geared for full 8-person groups.

When you say "Story", I assume you mean more than a few lines, as in something with some meaning that captivates you and makes you want to read and do more?! If so, no. All the stuff added since you left has "dialog", but "dialog" isn't exactly a "story". Dialog that involves me choosing one option or another is something SWG has been lacking since launch - all it is is next, next, next until you get your new waypoint to continue.

But...I hope you enjoy what you do find there! God knows the potential of SWG is phenomenal.

• Pcgamer81Pcgamer81 Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by TUX426

To answer your question - NO! The game is NOT "thriving", it's dying, which is why they closed half their servers recently. I'm sure that if you can post here, you've been keen enough to read the O-Boards too...what did you find there? Contentment? No.

If you're a solo player, good luck to you. I hope you Role Play because there's no high-end PvE stuff you can do solo. Since the NGE, all added PvE combat content (minus the lower level Meatlump Themepark) has been geared for full 8-person groups.

When you say "Story", I assume you mean more than a few lines, as in something with some meaning that captivates you and makes you want to read and do more?! If so, no. All the stuff added since you left has "dialog", but "dialog" isn't exactly a "story". Dialog that involves me choosing one option or another is something SWG has been lacking since launch - all it is is next, next, next until you get your new waypoint to continue.

But...I hope you enjoy what you do find there! God knows the potential of SWG is phenomenal.

please don't give false info. you can solo in legacy 1-50. then you can solo with meatlump theme park and daily missions till kashyyyk even then most quests can be done solo. you cn solo to 90 don't let him fool you this ticks me off when swg hater lies just to scare people away.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by Pcgamer81 
    please don't give false info. you can solo in legacy 1-50. then you can solo with meatlump theme park and daily missions till kashyyyk even then most quests can be done solo. you cn solo to 90 don't let him fool you this ticks me off when swg hater lies just to scare people away.

Pcgamer81...calm down! I'm not a SWG "hater", in fact, I was its biggest fanboi for freaking years mate. But I will NOT lie about what the OP asked and what SWG will actually give him. Soloing from 1-90 isn't exactly what I felt he was asking.

So...I stand corrected. 5-50 you can play solo via Legacy (in fact, doing it WITH a higher level player will HURT you) and if you dig around in the right places, 51-90 can also be done solo. But there is no solo HIGH END/END GAME INSTANCED content like you asked about. TBH...finding a group once you're 90 to do the HIGH END/END GAME content is the real trick.

My advice to the OP...download the 14-day trial and see how well you like it. Anyone can gain an easy 2-3 levels a day with just a few hours of play at the lower levels. See what you think before paying for it. Or...drop the $20 on a STEAM download. Makes no difference to me. If you like it, GREAT! If not, GREAT! I really don't care. I was simply trying to be truthful.

EDIT: Steam has it for $10.

• EyeSpEyeEyeSpEye Member Posts: 66

Or you can just get an open afk grinding group on Corellia and hit 90 in about 2-4 daysish while afk yourself. If you are a complete noob I suggest against that, but anyone who is leveling an alt or coming back and needs a few levels go for it. Best part of the game is really the endgame anyway.

• BahraynBahrayn Member Posts: 3

Don't listen to the haters

If your a Star Wars fan, and know the the story/lore, you'll enjoy meeting NPC's/Quests/Mobs/Bosses that your familiar with :)

Doing quests for Watto:

or fighting a Krayt Dragon boss:

Create your character:

There are instances that you could check out too, for example "Exar Kun" temple:

You'll find lots of small details from the Star Wars lore:

Yes SWG has its faults, but try and enjoy as much of it as you can :)

• JatwhalJatwhal Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by TUX426

I will agree with Tux in that pve elder game solo play is nada.

I solo a ton, hell I quad box and 99% of the pve elder game content is out for me.

I would suggest respecing to medic and keeping your char searchable.  You'll be turning down heroic runs due to lockout timers ( yet another stupid game mechanic, imho).  Like most mmo's healers are always needed.

Just save up your tokens and then respec to commando and get your jewelry pieces.

I would like to state that in no way shape or form that anything I receive from SOE influences my opinion about SWG or their company. I’m pretty much a typical average player enjoying the game.

• EyeSpEyeEyeSpEye Member Posts: 66

Yeah, medic isnt a bad way to go if you want to PUG it through heroics. Another alternative is find a good PA and run with them. If you are ever on Flurry look me up (Oryas), I can help where I can. I just re subbed myself heh.