Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions.

gingus418gingus418 Member Posts: 128

I am thinking of taking advantage of the deal that steam has going on right now, but I have a couple of questions.

How are the armors in the game? Do they get more interesting? From the screen shots I've seen all of the armor looks very bland. Not that I'm looking for something along the lines of WoW where the characters look like they have cars on their shoulders, or any of the asian grindfests, but does the armor at all have any similarities to the ones found in VSoH? I find that the armor in that game isn't too rediculous looking while at the same time is nice to look at. If I'm going to be staring at my character for hours on end, I want to at least be able to appreciate what I'm looking at.  

Also, I have a monk rolled right now, how does that fair in endgame? What is endgame like even and how long does it take to get there? Not that I plan on grinding my way through the content as quickly as possible, but is the end rewarding and more so than the 80 levels of game play to get there? 

Comments

• gingus418gingus418 Member Posts: 128

Really, nobody has any answers for me? Bump. 

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672

The armors get pretty kool looking, and you have social armor slots, so you can wear the best but put on things you think look better in the social tab.

Bruisers are a nice solo class, they are also very good dps and decent off tanks.

Endgame is mostly raiding (honestly I cannot think of anything else to do endgame lol, especially since I'm on a non-pvp server, raiding is basically it)

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

There is a lot of both realistic and cool looking armors in game and there is appearance slots to, you can chek how an item on the broker will look equipped by pressing Ctrl while having the cursor on the item. There are very little silly armor in game although some of the special event armors are silly. You may have to look around for some time to find the right look though. The armor quests at lvl 20 gives a set of nice looking armor that you can have in the appearance slots later.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• MithiosMithios Member Posts: 271

Personally I'd suggest staying away from anyting created by SOE, but as far as the game goes, I'd say that it's one of the best out there. Too bad for me that it is an SOE entity or I'd be playing it.

A tiny mind is a tidy mind...

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

from what i saw the armor look like how they would look back in that period ,since it was all made by hand it looks like it was made by hand .

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672
    Originally posted by Mithios

Personally I'd suggest staying away from anyting created by SOE, but as far as the game goes, I'd say that it's one of the best out there. Too bad for me that it is an SOE entity or I'd be playing it.

I have to say it is probably the most fun game I've played, and that is saying a LOT.  SOE or no SOE, they have treated me well.  The customer support has been superb, and the game has too.

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.