Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnarok Online: Lose Your Job? Gravity Cares!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Gravity Interactive has launched a new program called "Gravity Cares," which allows players who have lost their jobs in this hard economy between June 1 and now to, with a little paperwork, score themselves three months of free Ragnarok Online time while they work on finding a new gig!

For more details on the program, go here.

Comments

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395

That's just cool.

• kennethkkennethk Member Posts: 45

While not a huge fan of RO and Gravity, I must say, this from all appearances seems like a great program and a great promotional tool for themselves. Hats off to Gravity.

• TzetothTzetoth Member Posts: 67

"Out of work? Well it'll feel like you have a full-time job playing this grindfest!"

Neat marketing strategy.

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

While in theory this seems like a nice idea, the form you have to fill out is a bit much. Can you imagine going to your previous employer and saying "hey, can you sign this permission slip so I can play this video game for free for three months?"

• hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788

What a Joke...I can see someone going to there former employer and asking them to fill out a form so that they can have 3 months of free play... Fuck that...

Agree with Streea...

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"

• pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505
    Originally posted by hoopty

What a Joke...I can see someone going to there former employer and asking them to fill out a form so that they can have 3 months of free play... Fuck that...

Agree with Streea...

Oh come on, it's about five lines for your employer to fill out and unless they know what gravity is they probably won't think too much about it to know it's a game.

It's a stunt yeah, but it's not a huge deal bringing it to your old boss. It's not like you're going to see them ever again anyway.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

That's quite an interesting idea. Good job on the creativity, Gravity.

• AmanosAmanos Member Posts: 3

"even though you've lost your job , continue spending hours playing our game plz."

• hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by pb1285n

Agree with Streea...

Oh come on, it's about five lines for your employer to fill out and unless they know what gravity is they probably won't think too much about it to know it's a game.

It's a stunt yeah, but it's not a huge deal bringing it to your old boss. It's not like you're going to see them ever again anyway.

I dont care how many lines for a former employer to fill out..I have to much pride to lower my self to go back to any former employer knowing they got rid of some one in the first place...But here is a better idea, while you are there at your former employer why not ask him/her for a little cash so when your free three months are up you still can play..Gtfo...........

Heres a beggar cup please deposit...............

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

While I think that's really a nice thing for them to do, I'll be damned if I'm going to let my former employer know that I'm looking for free MMO time.

If a former employee sent me something like this, I'd say "WTF?" and throw it out. Seriously. I'd think I'd be doing him a favor if his priority while being out of work was playing video games for free.

• PumpkinheroPumpkinhero Member Posts: 23

Totally what I was thinking.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by EricDanie

That's quite an interesting idea. Good job on the creativity, Gravity.

Yeah. Not my game, but sure a good thing to do.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

Shouldn't they be hitting the bricks and looking for a new job rather than playing an online game?

• pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505

Agree with Streea...

I dont care how many lines for a former employer to fill out..I have to much pride to lower my self to go back to any former employer knowing they got rid of some one in the first place...But here is a better idea, while you are there at your former employer why not ask him/her for a little cash so when your free three months are up you still can play..Gtfo...........

I love people who bring up pride.

If your pride is being tarnished over something as small as this then you never had any to begin with.

Oh and I love people who say "shouldn't you be looking for a job?"

Yes because if  you were let go from your job you'd drop gaming.

NOT

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

Agree with Streea...

I love people who bring up pride.

If your pride is being tarnished over something as small as this then you never had any to begin with.

Oh and I love people who say "shouldn't you be looking for a job?"

Yes because if  you were let go from your job you'd drop gaming.

NOT

Actually, a few years back I DID lose my job and I DID quit gaming the entire 2 months I was out of work. This is a fact.

Why? I have a wife, kids, mortgage, etc. Top priority was finding a job, period.  I realize that you can't technically spend every waking minute seeking a job, but my mind was preoccupied. I was anxious and worried. Gaming just wasn't important at all at a time like that. I didn't even feel like gaming. It was trivial. That was really the point to my post. It's a pretty meaningless consolation if you are out of work and basically unable to support your family. 

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

i think the idea behind this was a generally nice jester. the idea is not to go back to a boss who fired you. but to go back to a boss who had to let you go do to finances. its one thing to go to a boss who you had a disagreement with. but if you liked your boss and were liked but the store closed or you had to be let go... i fail to see how its soo dishearting to go back and get a few little pen scribles.

tho ultimately its just a marketing ploy to increase player populations in RO. im pretty sure that 99.99% of the people who actually use this option will be young teens who got fired from mcdonalds or something. as i really dont see 30+ yr old guy/gal playing RO over finding a 2nd job or even a new job...

• pirrenpirren Member Posts: 5

looks like they care )))