Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best games of 2010

ulthar50ulthar50 Member Posts: 47

Rather than comment of the current state of MMOs, with the start of the new year what MMOs should we be on the watch for? Anything have y'all excited? What is it and why?

Comments

• dogtownmarkdogtownmark Member UncommonPosts: 35

APB looks promising:)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

1. The Old Republic - I mean, who isn't a Star Wars fan ? Who isn't a Bioware fan ? These guys brought us years of great games and I don't see any reason why they should fail on this one. Sure its a much larger scale game and sure this will be slighty different but this is Bioware we are talking about, not some mmo wannabe developer.

2. FFXIV - Square Enix knows how to make good mmos and mark this one on your list of mmos to play.

3. Th Secret World - My darkhorse mmo for 2010, thats if it releases in 2010. The mmo will be done by Funcom but not the same ones who did AOC. It is still Funcom though and they still need to come through on launch day. If they actually come through this time people will love them if not then people will continue to love to hate them. I hope they come through this time because the mmo sounds very interesting and a breath of fresh air that the mmo genre needs desperately.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

I'm watching Mortal Online and Earthrise. I don't think Guild Wars 2 is coming out in 2010, but if it is I'm definitely playing that.

I predicted 2009 would be a great year for MMOs. Wow was I wrong. Not so much that games I thought would be good sucked, but the games I thought would be awesome in 2009 never came out. So in essence, the games I'm excited about for 2010 are the same games I was excited about in 2009(Except Jumpgate Evolution, that game took a dive down the crapper). Lets hope this year is better.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• RefreshedRefreshed Member Posts: 9

I am going to have to throw Star Trek Online out there. Although I was not a 'huge' fan of the television series, this Game just seems like a build on Eve Online for the better.

Guild Wars 2 and the new Star Wars MMO, have also caught my attention yet I am still waiting for Hello Kitty Adventure Island MMO.

That'd be sweet.

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

Final Fantasy XIV. It's going to be story-driven like SWTOR, but from what I can tell with way less cut scenes, which is a plus for me.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

FFXIV and SW: TOR (?) on the MMO front. Nothing else won't come even close.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

I think it will be SW:TOR,GW2 or Secret world.

SW:TOR - All love star wars.

Guild Wars 2 - Open world (that GW1 dont have),Event system (Really cool..i hope),WvW pvp (200vs200 or maybe more. going on for days or weeks),new races,think skill system will be a little different and classes,Underwater exploration, more variety of armor,racial skills.

Secret World - Looks a little bit like Hellgate London but with an open world. Hellgate London<3  Hope secret world is 1000x better.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

2010 games I'm interested in are so far Supreme Commander 2, HoMM 6 and Disciples III.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• jezastyjezasty Member UncommonPosts: 1

As for me i'm waiting for

Torchlight multiplayer mod. - Maybe they will do it.....

Stil have hope for Diablo 3

Big expectations - The Secret World

and last but not least

Final Fantasy XIV

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776
    Originally posted by AlysenMinase

Final Fantasy XIV. It's going to be story-driven like SWTOR, but from what I can tell with way less cut scenes, which is a plus for me.

Whoa ... Square-Enix ... and less cut scenes ... HURRY! Someone clap or something a fairy might just have died

• HaliaxHaliax Member Posts: 18

I'm waiting for SW:TOR, a couple buddies and I are going to get that :)

Also STO, we'll see how that is in OB.   Maybe TSW as well, time will tell.  I doubt GW2 will be coming out in 2010 but fingers crossed!

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

The Secret World hands down for me, if it releases next year which I would be surprised by.

I'll be watching STO although my interest has waned on that one with some of Cryptics decisions on development.

SWTOR is another big one I'll be watching.  Bioware has always made top games so I think this has a chance to be a really big one.

Final Fantasy I just can't seem to get up for.  I am a big fan of the series but I'm just not seeing anything piquing my interest.....yet.

Of games currently going on, I am very excited to see what the next year brings for Fallen Earth, and LOTRO.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• MyreanMyrean Member Posts: 186

In 2005 Square Enix announced that they were developing a new MMORPG. Now, four years down the line, we've finally been shown glimpses of this masterpiece-in-waiting. The problem is the game looks nearly the same as its predecessor, Final Fantasy XI. I've always said that if there's one developer who can make a great MMO, it'd be the team behind Final Fantasy XI. Looking forward for this game! :)

Now I don't know what Final Fantasy XIV will be like, my judgements are made from the video footage available at present and the various interviews that are floating around. Also just to clarify the big question I'm approaching in this article isn't whether or not Square's new MMO will be good, but whether or not the game can compete in such a saturated market, where new experiences are constantly coming out every year

• CohasCohas Member UncommonPosts: 152

I can't wait for STO , well im a big fan  

Have No Fear Cohas is here!!!

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

For some reason I've recently gotten the desire to play FFXIV when it launches. So that is on my list along with World of Darkness Online. I'll keep up with various other titles but those two are the only ones I have any interest in playing.

Oh, I might pay for STO from peer pressure. As it stands Cryptic isn't doing much that would want to make me pay for retail.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez