Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for a Microphone/Earphone Headset?

quddusaliquddusali Member Posts: 78

Hi :),

I would like suggestions for a good headset (Microphone & Earphone)? Ive been told that the ones with the big padded earphones, they heat up and get uncomfortable quickly. Anyways - all comments welcomes.

Thanks

Q

Comments

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
  • quddusaliquddusali Member Posts: 78

Thanks for the suggestion - but its a little out of my price range.

Its worth every penny.

You might also try the Razer Carcharias. Its a wonderful set .. but lacks the sound the g35 does.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-carcharias

Thanks for the help. If no one else has any suggestions - i might get that one. Thanks again.

BTW - do you know if the earpads heat up?

I used both of them:

Buy the g35... its what you are looking for.

The Caracharas headset heats up a bit, its not annoying though.

The G35 is bliss.... absolute bliss. I wear them for 8+ hours a day ( Work from home ) and have no problems. In the long run ... save up the extra money for the G35.

You can find them on sale for 80-90 bucks alot of times. Best buy routinely sells them for 80-90 on sales.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

the best for lowest cost is microsoft 3000 headset with built in microphone,connected via usb.

i dont think microsoft do a wireless version yet like a 802.11n or bluetooth,but wired trust me its one of the best for the least amount of money.

Thanks for all the help.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

picked one of these up a few months back.

Turtle Beach HPA2

mic sounds really good, its also removeable so you dont always have to have it attatched.  It swivels out of the way.  The surround sound is awesome, a lot better than my klipsch satellite speakers. 

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."

What mmos do you guys play with your headsets?

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    Originally posted by quddusali

What mmos do you guys play with your headsets?

all of them :)

personally, I use them for times when my wife is making videos on her mac and im playing something pretty loud and distracting.  I initially bought them for Aion because I was playing it a lot when she was trying to meet a deadline on her last video (even though the sound on aion isnt really that great as far as surround goes)

the best sounding MMO ive played on those suround headphones is probably *gasp* Age of Conan

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/headsets/devices/5848&cl=us,en

These are really comfortable and the sound quality (Mic and headphones) is great for the price (which at most retailers is between $29-$39)

They create little to no pressure on the ears and if you just want to use the Mic and your normal speakers, the headset sits comfortably on your neck (its a behind the head setup, so you dont get that annoying feeling on the top of your head from wearing them too long.)

If those are still out of your range, they also have a sub $20 set, not as comfortable, but sound good for the price (both mic and headphones)

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

Thanks fyrewall - but Ive ordered another headset.

• maretusmaretus Member Posts: 1

Check out the Razer Barracuda. It has true surround sound and excellent sound quality. It's a bit pricey, but its made to last and its 100x better than most gaming headsets. I think Amazon has it on some huge discount right now too. Like 50%. 

• ReverserReverser Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by maretus

Check out the Razer Barracuda. It has true surround sound and excellent sound quality. It's a bit pricey, but its made to last and its 100x better than most gaming headsets. I think Amazon has it on some huge discount right now too. Like 50%. 

I have one, mic is just horrible and driver are not really good. 

I have definitly an eye on Roccats products !

www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Sound/ROCCAT-Kave/ (Solid 5.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset)

• TheFirst109TheFirst109 Member UncommonPosts: 182

Don't waste your money on expensive headsets. Get the G330, its one of the most comfortable headsets and everyone i talk to on vent says my mic sounds way better than theirs lol.

• DarbonxDarbonx Member Posts: 7

IMO inbuilt surround sound headsets are a gimmick. You're better off getting a decent soundcard (Asus Xonar D1, Auzentech X-FI Forte, etc) and then getting awesome headphones like an Audio Technica ATH AD700 or Sennheiser HD 555.