Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most beloved company: EA or SOE?

RoutverRoutver Member Posts: 383

Self explanatory title. Feel free to add another candidate for the question.

Comments

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

You're kidding right?  Two of the most hated companies in gaming, and you want to know which is more beloved?  Damn, if I had to pick, I'd say EA, because it seems they learned something from the DRM debacle of the last couple of years and seem to be genuinely trying to improve how they're seen.  Doesn't hurt that Activision seems hell bent on taking the most hated company title . . .

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492

The title is obviously sarcastic.

With that said, it's pretty tough. At least EA publishes semi-decent games at times... SOE just buys out the IPs to specific titles and lets them go to waste. I think SOE is the worst with a close-runner up being EA. Like the poster above me said, Activision is on its way. Gogo Bobby Kotick!

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

I like SOE myself. The Everquest world is the best of any and along with Turbine should keep me in games for quite awhile. Cant wait for EQ Next. As for EA, not so much but then, beloved is not a term I would use for a game company.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

I like Activision, they seem the most intelligent company, being able to put good use of your hardworked money on amazing mini-expansions called DLC. The time they put into their games(Modern Warfare 2, what an amazing game, they were so kind to put mouse support in the PC version) and the way their amazing CEO treats his happy customers makes Activision the most loved gaming company out there! Way to go, guys!

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539
    Originally posted by twiggy550

With that said, it's pretty tough. At least EA publishes semi-decent games at times... SOE just buys out the IPs to specific titles and lets them go to waste. I think SOE is the worst with a close-runner up being EA. Like the poster above me said, Activision is on its way. Gogo Bobby Kotick!

Your really gonna say that about SOE and ignore EA? Lets see Ultima Online which should have been devloped into UO2 they canned it 2 times,Daoc/Mythic they bought look at it now.They have shut down about 4 mmo's as soon as they start to operate at a loss they are gone.Least SOE has only shut down MXO and lets face it I doubt 200 ppl were payin to play it to begin with,.

SOE is by far the better of the worse 2 heck I would put SOE above NCsoft and a few others as well.Customer Service wise no doubt about it Turbine is best to it's customers,with funcom being close to the worst.There are a ton more bad gamin companies compared to SOE just a few swg crybabies who cannot let go of them changin the game years ago who have the ace to grind with SOE.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by rznkain

Your really gonna say that about SOE and ignore EA? Lets see Ultima Online which should have been devloped into UO2 they canned it 2 times,Daoc/Mythic they bought look at it now.They have shut down about 4 mmo's as soon as they start to operate at a loss they are gone.Least SOE has only shut down MXO and lets face it I doubt 200 ppl were payin to play it to begin with,.

SOE is by far the better of the worse 2 heck I would put SOE above NCsoft and a few others as well.Customer Service wise no doubt about it Turbine is best to it's customers,with funcom being close to the worst.There are a ton more bad gamin companies compared to SOE just a few swg crybabies who cannot let go of them changin the game years ago who have the ace to grind with SOE.

Yeah,EA was harsh from a MMO PoV.

However, this is General Gaming, and EA released plenty of good titles in the last few years.

They're on the "Path of Redemption"

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

The best MMO developer is CCP hands down. Very talented people with alot of dedication.

Turbine is a good company too, though they went downhill with latter LoTRO updates.

Blizzard in top3 since its games always top quality. Wish they were more active with updates to WoW and new projects

• MattMassacreMattMassacre Member Posts: 182

How about we take everyone from both of those crappy companies, put them in a room, and say... set them on fire? Come on everyone hates them already. :)

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by rznkain

Right, because soe has such a stellar reputation outside of swg.  Everything else they have blessed with their special touch has turned out to be a success by players and reviewers alike.  Aside from one instance with SWG, soe has been a rock steady company that has a long history of listening to players and not ruining their games. 

At least EA has the decency to put a game out of its misery instead of letting it run for years without any support and asking for top dollar subscription or linger on long past the freshness date just to clutter up an all access pass so it can look like there is value in paying $35 bucks for a bunch of dead games.

I don't recall EA ever talking about changes to their games and have to lead off with comments like "we know this is going to upset some players and cause them to leave, but .... "

I don't recall NCSoft saying anything like that either.

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Honestly, EA is a much better company than it once was. And keep improving.

Now, SOE is hopeless...