Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I De-Installed Rappelz after 2 days

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

All the Clicking, you have to click , click and click again.

My List of flaws >>

NO "WASD" > Click Click Click and Click until your dead, it must be hard to implement WASD for Koreans, they implement everything to rip off cash from people but no WASD.

TARGET SELF when Target is enemy > There is no Key to target self, you must move the mouse to the left upper corner if you want to targtet yourself for self buffs or heals. When you Targeted yourself , you stop fighting because you cant attack yourself.

PET CONTROLS > Completly retarded, no Auto-ASSIST no Defense mode, Guard mode... Nothing For a PET dominated game a joke... The pets are just like ATTACK or PASSIVE ! WOW !!

PET CONTROLS again > If you want the pet to attack you either let it attack alone or with you, for casters its a mess

Grafic Interface > Cant move Hotbars, Cant move Portrait, Cant move cant move cant move and cant Rezize...

THE HANDLING > This game is pure MASS CLICKING 

PRICES IN CASH SHOP >>> TO EXPENSIVE !! >> for 10 Dollars you get 1000gPotatoes and for that you cant even get a Loot pet for 1 month, basicaly you cant get anything good for 10 Dollars. For 20 Dollars you get a 30 day Loot pet or some other crap which is used after a few days. So with 40-60 Dollars per month you can play well... 

Typical fight in RAPPELZ >

> Click on Enemy, click on attack, Click on Pet to heal it, then Click on MOB again, then click on self to heal yourself, then click on mob again, click on attack again AND AND AND AND click click click click click clickkkkkkkk

SORRY this is a joke, the game itself could be much much better if the developers would not only concentrate on how to make most cash. 

Rappelz is the Worst and most Expensive "CLICK to run/Click to do anything" HORROR GRIND game on this planet

NO THANK YOU !!!

P.S This game has no MACRO Functions either.... The deveopers are not very interested in improving the Interface and the Controls...

Comments

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by Portland

My List of flaws >>
     TARGET SELF when Target is enemy > There is no Key to target self, you must move the mouse to the left upper corner if you want to targtet yourself for self buffs or heals. When you Targeted yourself , you stop fighting because you cant attack yourself.
    Self buffs don't require you to target yourself, but targetable buffs ( heal is target buff ) do.
    PET CONTROLS > Completly retarded, no Auto-ASSIST no Defense mode, Guard mode... Nothing For a PET dominated game a joke... The pets are just like ATTACK or PASSIVE ! WOW !!
    You use attack w/creature command to have the pet assist  you.    You can always highlight the mob attacking you and use alt+LMB to attack it or use the creature attack command after you highlighted the mob.  I agree it would be nice to have a defense command.
    PET CONTROLS again > If you want the pet to attack you either let it attack alone or with you, for casters its a mess
    See above
    Grafic Interface > Cant move Hotbars, Cant move Portrait, Cant move cant move cant move and cant Rezize...
    I agree it would be nice to move or eliminate some items.  You can in the options window but not enough options are available.
    PRICES IN CASH SHOP >>> TO EXPENSIVE !! >> for 10 Dollars you get 1000gPotatoes and for that you cant even get a Loot pet for 1 month, basicaly you cant get anything good for 10 Dollars. For 20 Dollars you get a 30 day Loot pet or some other crap which is used after a few days. So with 40-60 Dollars per month you can play well... 
     You should have asked some knowledgeable players what is available from CS.  TBH I would only purchase:
    Permanent Loot Pet 28 - 30 bucks  ( limited time sales every 3 - 4 months )
    90 - Day HV pass  22.50 ( 1/2 off sales  every 3 - 4 months )
    Everything else you can probably earn with relative ease once you get r5.

Rappelz is the Worst and most Expensive "CLICK to run/Click to do anything" HORROR GRIND game on this planet
    Rappelz is a relatively easy grind until you r6, and at that point you have done everything possible in the game except higher level bosses or max level.

NO THANK YOU !!!

P.S This game has no MACRO Functions either.... The deveopers are not very interested in improving the Interface and the Controls...
    There isn't any need for macros as this is more of an " action " type mmo.  

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

The Pet does not Auto Assist, i have to Press ALT or Attack with Creature right ? In the middle of battles theres so much confusion that all the clicking, selecting and clicking again drives me nuts.

This game is nice but the whole control of this game is pure horror.

The servers are always empty too, no wonder

over and out 

• scars87scars87 Member Posts: 234

Yes, Alt click works and the pet will start attacking the creature. I just started a couple days ago and got to lvl11; but I hear lvl20 and higher is where the fun is at.

• zippy2584zippy2584 Member Posts: 3

*sigh* Another person who simply failed at the game.

• Shinigamiv7Shinigamiv7 Member Posts: 1

My List of flaws >>

NO "WASD" > Click Click Click and Click until your dead, it must be hard to implement WASD for Koreans, they implement everything to rip off cash from people but no WASD.

This would depend on your tastes. I actually enjoy the mouse based interface, as it feels similar to other well-known rpg games I used to play.
    You can target yourself by clicking on your status bar. However, you are not required to target yourself to self-heal or self-buff. Casting those skills without a target (press ESC key to deselect) will result in the skill (buffs/heals) applied to yourself.
    If you are self-buffing or healing, how do you expect to attack at the same time, anyway? And like it was said before, there are even some skills that are only casted at you, regardless if you're targetting something else (like minor healing).
    Pets skills can be set to auto-cast, by right clicking on the skills in the hotbar. That way, it'll use them automatically when targetting an enemy.
    It's true that you can't move things around, except for the pet formation window. But you can resize the user interface menus by changing your game's resolution.
    This was answered before.
     Keep in mind this game is subscription fee free.

> Click on Enemy, click on attack, Click on Pet to heal it, then Click on MOB again, then click on self to heal yourself, then click on mob again, click on attack again AND AND AND AND click click click click click clickkkkkkkk
     All hotbar buttons have keyboard shortcuts. You can also target enemies by pressing the TAB key. And honestly, if all you do is just target and use a normal attack, you're really playing your class wrong.
    Rappelz has a learning curve, and when you actually learn to play it, it becomes a challenge. You need to know what you're doing in order to be good at your class, and some strategy is always important, even if you're playing a melee class.
    SORRY this is a joke, the game itself could be much much better if the developers would not only concentrate on how to make most cash. 
    I have yet to use the cash shop, and I've already passed level 120. It took around 10 months to do so, but I have a life; I've managed to get that wihout using real money and without spending all my time playing.
     As regards to clicking, this was already stated. As for "HORROR GRIND", you've been playing this game for 2 days. What grind are you actually talking about? I guess hitting level 20 in 2 days is not fast enough? You can reach level 50 in less than a month. There's also a strong PVP system, and even a theme dungeon where you can get prizes.
    NO THANK YOU !!!

Oh, dear. You only have to click once to keep attacking, and again for any skill you want to cast. Were you expecting something that would eat and go to the bathroom for you as well, perhaps?
    Maybe you should just spend more time learning how to play before making a post criticizing a game.

These are my replies as someone who has been playing Rappelz for quite a long time.

To anyone out there who is wondering whether to try it, Rappelz is a nice and fun game, specially at the lower levels. It's updated regularly, and the pet system is quite easy to grasp.

I certainly recommend it, but give yourself some time to adjust to the game if you have trouble at first.

• KeineLustKeineLust Member Posts: 2

Too bad for ya. Rappelz  is quite different from other MMOs. I really like it because doesn't look cartoonish like Wow and the others. After I played Rappelz and have a Main and many alts, I have tried other games, but I really  havent found anything better than Rappelz. Sure it has its flaws, many but nonetheless, I still prefer Rappelz  over other MMOs.

• joufesjoufes Member Posts: 59

you know...theres nice ways of criticizing a game. like i agree the pet thing could use some work...like pet attacks when you attack without additional command.  but like someone else said...just alt and click and send the pet first or use ctrl to both attack

I can't understand why its so hard for people to READ and UNDERSTAND what they read.

• joufesjoufes Member Posts: 59

aparenlty portland is now complaining that he cant install rappelz in windows 7... this guy makes no sense....

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3024952#3024952

link to his new post complaining about not bieng able to install it.

I can't understand why its so hard for people to READ and UNDERSTAND what they read.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by joufes

aparenlty portland is now complaining that he cant install rappelz in windows 7... this guy makes no sense....
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3024952#3024952
    link to his new post complaining about not bieng able to install it.

Joufes, your the super detective really. do you think i care about this thread and i had nothing better to do than comming back to here to read Bonemans and your smart comments ?

Yea i tried to start this POS on Windows 7 just to test my Grafic card after the installation was finished, and ? whats the problem ? just because i complain that this software doesnt run on windows 7, does not mean that i want to play it or ?

This game is good to test if the Grafics work after fresh installs because in can be started without installation from the game folder.

thats what i use Rappelz for......... as Grafic Card Tester.. this game is not worth to be played for 30 sec..

This freak Bone started a War against me while i wasnt even here for a few month. What did this guy think i would do ? Write 99 replies to his offensive comments ? 

Joufes, you did an awesome job finding my other postings, it must have been a really hard task for you.

• ThegoodlolThegoodlol Member CommonPosts: 64

I think Rappelz is an alright game, nothing extraordinary, but you have some good points, and of course people who visit this forum will deny them because it's the game they play, but anyway, I just wanted to say that you're right about the lack of WASD. After you play Rappelz for a while you get used to it, but if you switch to a MMO that has WASD controls and than you switch back to Rappelz it doesn't feel right, I agree with this, WASD would be a great improvement to the game.

You're also right about the pet controls. For physical damage dealers it's no big deal, because when you click the action ' Attack with creature' you and your pet will attack together, but it ruins it for casters.

I also have to agree about cash shop being too expensive... Seriously, most pay to play MMO's have a subscription fee that is between 10dollars and 15dollars a month, something close to this, and for that they have full service , without limits, Now, on Rappelz, 10 dollars is not enough, You can hardly buy a decent cloak or a helmet with that, you can't buy much with just 10 dollars, except for a few potions and buffs... It is a very expensive cash shop even for timed items... I guess it's suited for NA economics, but I still prefer to pay 10 dollars for a game and have full service than having to pay 30 dollars a month to have fun and stay competitive.

You're also right about having to click on the protrait everytime you want to heal yourself... If you're a healing class, that's what you do, you have to heal yourself and fight, they should implement and option to target yourself...

About the grind, well, people who play Rappelz seem to enjoy the grind, or else they would move to another game, so I guess if you don't like grinding this game isn't for you.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I played the game for a week or so, it was ok but not great.

About the same class as Last Chaos but not as good as Runes of magic. But to be honest have no F2P game ever worked for me, 6 weeks of ROM is the longest I played any of them (if you don't count Guildwars). It was more fun to me than Atlantica.

Taste differs and the game have some loyal fans, my problem with it was that there really wasn't anything special that caught my yes with it, there was nothing that got me upset either and the game is free of course but you get what you pay for.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by dRedawg

Yes, Alt click works and the pet will start attacking the creature. I just started a couple days ago and got to lvl11; but I hear lvl20 and higher is where the fun is at.

lvl 20 spiritchanter now about the same as it ever was i  must agree that my pet should be doing things on his own if im being attacked it would be nice if my pet would then actually do something i shouldnt have to tell it to attack the creature attacking me from an angle i cant see at or while in the middle of an attack

thats alot of work when your trying to deal with your skills and the pets skills makes it tough to make sure your all on the same page often ill forget that the pet doesnt attack unless i use the assisted attack button

when i run in to attack id like my pet to do something on his own just standing around makes no sense and the pet doesnt even get anything out of it if he is just standing there

and prices on the ah are extremely ridiculous 14 million rupees for a r 2 suit of armor? i know its probably maxed but good god 

thats alot of cash especially when im barely scraping 100k together

• harrierharrier Member Posts: 5

My List of flaws >>

I am amazing you ignore this game provides player "48 hot keys", and just focus on "WSAD WSAD WSAD"...

"WSAD" is just a personal preference, not a real problem.

If you think a game which can be controlled by WSAD equal to a good game, then "Soul of the Ultimate Nation" is a good game too?

If you think a game which can be controlled by WSAD equal to a good game, you should play "X-Blades", because it can be controlled by "WSAD/Arrows/Mouse/Controller" at the same time!

There are many defects in this game, I agree, nFlavor should to FIX THEM ASAP!!

But each game has it's own UI and features, you should be familiar them 1st when you play this game, you even don't know press ESC key can cancel target that means target yourself (or itself for PETs).

Yes, not cheap.

This is a "Free to Play" game, that means, "Pay to Win".

Actually, most players need not to shop any item until their level over 100.

Again, you should be familiar UI 1st, you can use TAB key to select target mobs, not only clicks.

NO THANK YOU !!!

Again, MACRO function is a personal preference.

If MACRO is VERY VERY IMPORTANT to you, I think you should to be a BOT FARMER, not a GAME PLAYER.