Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New RIG

SinviperSinviper Member Posts: 169

AMD AthlonT II X2 250 Black Edition Dual-Core CPU

Xion Vulcan case

4 GB DDR3 ram

500 GB harddrive

GTS 250 1GB geforce videocard

MOTHERBOARD:Asus M4A78LT-M LE AM3, 2xDIMM, DDR3

500W supply

Buget 500 pounds, cost 499

Tips, don'ts, do's?

Originally posted by --Name edited out--

EX-PRO PLAYER IN WOW HERE.THIS GAME IS GOOD! TRUST ME IM USED TO BE THE BEST IN WOW BUT JUST A N00B IN AION. ITS CHALLENGEING , TRY IT!

[Sigh, watch out guys, this dude's pro.]

Comments

• SinviperSinviper Member Posts: 169

yo?

EX-PRO PLAYER IN WOW HERE.THIS GAME IS GOOD! TRUST ME IM USED TO BE THE BEST IN WOW BUT JUST A N00B IN AION. ITS CHALLENGEING , TRY IT!

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

lol I thought you were another person posting about a graphical problem since you have a near duplicate of his system.  For 500 pounds that's expensive.  Every piece on it is for a budget build, but you are applying a high end amount.  You can definetly do better.

Does anyone know why all the Online PC shops in England have moron system builders?  Is it similar to their poorly designed cars?

• SinviperSinviper Member Posts: 169

Well not really, I'm not building it.

www.cyberpower.com

Online pc builder.

Knowing that, help?

Edit - I said Im on a budget

• Biohazard931Biohazard931 Member UncommonPosts: 196

Imo, you really should just say if the dudes system is alright. I mean,  it looks pretty good to me, from what I've seen.

You have to remember, he is spending the equivalent of $800 USD since he is British.  For $800 USD you should be able to get an HD5850, AMD Phenom II quad core, 4 gigs memory, and a decent motherboard.

4 gigs of memory? Huh, he has 4gigs of ram.

Whats wrong with his mother board?

Edit- Look, I think the guy just wants to be able to know his system is justified, I mean he probably upgraded from a decent system years ago. Sounds like a nice system tbh, better than mine.

Edit - I see qaud cores on the site he linked. They aren't that much Phenom 2 qaud cores like you said. It's not that much of a price increase.

Viper, there is a qaud core phenom 2 for only a little extra money and is better than your AMD AthlonT II X2 250 Black Edition Dual-Core CPU

The lowest price qaud core is an athlon 2 x4 620

would that do him? It's stretching his budget alot

Huh, doesn't say the  'Ghz' of the 'AMD Athlon™ II X4 620 Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology *** XXX overclocking ***

Anyone?

Interesting..... I see that the athlon 2 x4 qaud core is 2.6ghz but the one Viper chose is 3ghz...

pardon the 'stupid' question but is athlon qaudcore 2.6ghz better than a 3ghz cpu?

I saw the Ahtlon 11 x4 qaud core can handle Farcry at my res (1680x1050) at 57 on high settings.

If only you were building it yourself, then you could also add in an HD5850.  Here is a little better deal.  A quad core with 4GB ram, the same video card, and Windows 7 64-bit.  Also an Athlon II Quad core is a bad deal all around.  It has to do with how its designed.  Avoid them like the plague.

Zoostorm Gaming PC 499.99 pounds including VAT

Actually,  he said a 500gb HDD,  a  1gb version of that card  on the system you linked and the case doesn't look all that great fan wise (even looks wise) win 7 64 would be nice but you can upgrade to that for £19 mate.

Yea, I am really disapointed.  I can't seem to find any half decent UK computer shops.  I am too spoiled being from the US without VAT and heavy import taxes.

Plus mate, your system's got DDR2 memory for the HDD whereas his drive is new DDR3

Originally posted by Biohazard931

Interesting..... I see that the athlon 2 x4 qaud core is 2.6ghz but the one Viper chose is 3ghz...
    pardon the 'stupid' question but is athlon qaudcore 2.6ghz better than a 3ghz cpu?

So, is the  Athlon 2 x 4 qaud core better than the Athlon 2 x 2 250 ?

I mean, it is qaud core but I'm just wondering because o the lower ghz rate.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I'm not a computer builder, but having a power supply of only 500W going to be enough?  My computer has a 1150W power supply. My fridge is only 600W so I dunno what the difference is between 500W and 1150W.

Why has no one answered my question -.-

Is the Athlon 2 x 4 qaud core better than the Athlon 2 x 2 250 ?

• Gweed0Gweed0 Member UncommonPosts: 108

The Ghz is actually per core. So the dual core is 3.0 x2 so 6Ghz. The quad core is 2.6 x4 which is 10.4 Ghz. Nearly twice the power from that prospective. As for the 500w Power supply, yes it should be able to run nearly any video card out so far. Once you get into multiple video cards, multiple hard drives, over clocking components is when you'll be looking into a larger hard drive. Problem with buying a power supply from most manufacturers is that your going to get a crap power supply that goes to crap within a year...

Thanks, makes sense.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

id consider getting the 260gtx (216 core -- not 192 core) rather then the 250gtx card. ( 260 gtx vs 250 gtx ) about £30 ($50) more but worth it I think.  Fallout 3 (very high quality & AA gives you +16fps over the 250 gtx ).

Also £500 for what you listed seems expensive, I just jumped on ebuyer and built the same system excluding case for £400 and that includes a 1T HD, & 600watt 12" fan PSU (but cpu was not the black edition), get a good case £50 and then you got £50 left to upgrade ya gfx to 260 gtx.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by Sinviper

(Deleted)

It's post like this that make me wish these forums had a report button.

<3

Originally posted by coffee

id consider getting the 260gtx (216 core -- not 192 core) rather then the 250gtx card. ( 260 gtx vs 250 gtx ) about £30 ($50) more but worth it I think.  Fallout 3 (very high quality & AA gives you +16fps over the 250 gtx ).
    Also £500 for what you listed seems expensive, I just jumped on ebuyer and built the same system excluding case for £400 and that includes a 1T HD, & 600watt 12" fan PSU (but cpu was not the black edition), get a good case £50 and then you got £50 left to upgrade ya gfx to 260 gtx.

Hey, is there any way to link the same set up as his but on that Ebuyer site?

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547
    Originally posted by dreamscaper

Originally posted by Sinviper

(Deleted)

It's post like this that make me wish these forums had a report button.

Good thing they do

Originally posted by Biohazard931

Originally posted by coffee

Hey, is there any way to link the same set up as his but on that Ebuyer site?

Can't find the GTX 260 216 core on Cyberpower systems.

Is there any way you can get the set up as a link or something?