Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another new believer of Alganon

Comments

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055
    Originally posted by MugHug

Originally posted by abyss610

Originally posted by phitch

Nope, I did not come here to start a fight.
    So DoomReaper has evidence that I work for QO LLC!!!
    Now you can see into my mind and tell me things I did not even know.
    Come on, not another expert on everything.
    Yes, I admit I have a weak point - If someone wants to mouth off at me then I will give as good as I get - Now hold onto your hats for this one - I accept I am not perfect (unlike the Bosom Pals) but I have the guts to admit it.
    The one point you selected to omit is that he cast the first stone regardless. Are you classing his post as a constructive, postive and neutral comment?
    Well, I found it hard to take it like that.
    Hold on, what about his accussations that I work for QO LLC and he avoided providing evidence when I asked him to. What a statement to make!!! He hints at that in his first post!!!!
    That is a downright lie that when pushed into a corner he avoided to answer. If he was so right, then why did he not provide the evidence instead of moving onto other things to insult over?
    You seem to know all the answers - Well pray tell me or do we have one more person who make statements but cannot prove them?
    If you want to lock horns with me, then be prepared to take it too.
    You seem selective in what you point out in your post.
    Just on you avoiding the point of the accussation (on more then one thread), your post fails the requirments for a constructive, postive, balanced and neutral post.
    To be honest, you words may be toned down a bit, but you are no better then anyone else who has been active tonight in this.

You haven't come to fight, but you continue to fight either way? No one is locking horns with you, perhaps you need to log off for the night.  I have done nothing but point out that you simply took an offhanded comment and made a war out of it, then took it further and mocked somebody you don't even know. Someone, I might add, who plays the game that you want everyone else to play.

As you said, you found it hard to think of Doomreapers response as being positive (when he actually said nothing bad to you -- go read it and tell us what he said that was not positive) meaning that you were already looking for a reason to start a fight, just as you are looking to continue one right now.

I am not selective in what I point out -- I pointed on both posts in entirety. You are selective in what you feel is insulting and in return attack and lash out.

Since you want to say he cast the first stone -- what stone did he cast that you hadn't admitted to doing?

Your last line does not make sense.

Anyway, do you denie that he accussed me of trying to sell the game? Do you denie that he accused me of working for QO LLC?

Do you denie that you forgot to highlight that in your post?

No better then anyone else here, regardless of how you pretend how you sound.

actually no he never said you worked for QO LLC, and i believe what he ment buy you "selling the game" was more about you trying to win people over with your review. now others like myself did say we believed you to be paid, and believed so based on your post history and sign up date and how belligerent you get about the game resorting to name calling and what not.

You clearly are not aware of all the contents of his posts.

Firstly, to quote him from his first post 'Shame you have to resort to this approach to sell the game'. Why is it a shame and why use the word 'sell'? Please explain.

Second, to quote him again 'Oh dear lord, when will these Alganon Devs stop creating profiles to try to sell the game to people. Quite a few things scream out that this is nothing more than viral marketing and anyone who can see past their own ass would know this.'

That is the opening paragraph that opens a post that qutoes my post in great detail.

Next we have him stating:

'Our motivation is to stop people from playing this game that you yourself can't even tell us why you like it. Also to stop QoL from viral marketing... Marak Dragandor level 15.

MugHug Alganon Lover description of the game:

He finishes with:

Oh and we all know you are Xyltan.

And who is Xyltan?

And I have just quoted from one page of one thread!!

Then we get people like Einherjar_LC making quotes like 'market your crap game somewhere else.' to me.

If you bother to read around a bit more, it seems there is a sub-set of members that flame virtually anyone that comes here to be positive about Alganon. It seems being poistive about it = employee of QO LLC in their eys. If anything it seems like they treat this thread as their own private turf and you better watch out. Just reading old posts show this has been going on well before I came here.

If you want to stay blind to all the evidence, that is your problem. If you wish to denie the facts then at least, please stay out of the conversations.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck(shill).

I rarely flame people and I am usually very constructive(and post history will reflect this) but when a new account wonder comes on the boards, sounding like a shill for Alganon and then proceeds to insult the first poster that replies to his thread I'll call it how I see it.  The last thing I am concerned about is increasing my post count as attested to by only having 350 odd posts in nearly 5 years.

Sorry for your luck but unfortunately viral marketing happens a lot here and I don't know many that care for it, myself included.  Your thread is exactly how every other shill that claims they aren't a shill reacts and attacks.  Then, after about a day to a week or so, they are never heard from again.

There has been plenty of publicity for Alganon here, even a beta key giveaway or two.  Your little thread about how horrible it is, but try it anyways, plus your demeanor towards other posters from the onset are doing little to attract customers to the game.

Don't bother with the cut and paste message either.  I was in Alganon beta right up until they released it far before it should have been.  The game is a mess and deserves all the bad press it's getting. 

In closing, if you aren't a shill I apologize for your treatment here but nothing you have done has dissuaded anyone from thinking otherwise.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

The woman in the Alganon logo above is kinda hot.....as far as graphic illustrations go. Nothing else mentioned so far seems to paint  very positive picture for the game. I may try it in the future.....but I can only play so many mmo's at a time....and right now ..there are so many ......

• crimsonmidcrimsonmid Member Posts: 140
    Originally posted by misterdurp

i dont know who to pity, the OP for advertising this game, or the posters who truly believe the OP is being paid to do this.

Well, if he is not indeed being paid by QOL, then he is double the idiot he seems to be.

My brain has 2 sides;Left and right. My left side has nothing right and my right side has nothing left...

• MugHugMugHug Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by plaxidia

Ok I have to.. LOL at this thread.. For starters.. OP .. I ( and I would venture a guess at most the longer standing members of these bordes) don't pay a hell of alot of attention to anyone who creates an account and insta posts. So you are wasting your time here really.. The only folks who will likely post are going to be shooting you down and or trying to get their own post counts up by joining the flame fest :) 

When will the marketing departments ever learn. *shakes her head in disbelief* 

OH and I beta tested Alganon for 2 weeks (Just to keep the topic relevant).. Nothing there to pull me away from .. well TV to be perfectly honest LOL 

Thank you for your interest in Alganon. I am so happy for you.

But before you make a final decision, I would recommend that you use the available trial if you have not already.

Once you have done this, then maybe you can come back and write some constructive, neutral and balanced posts about your time. Even if you have tried Alganon, you can still have a go at writing some constructive, neutral and balanced posts about your time there.

Fond regards and see you in Alganon :)

Originally posted by joker007mo

Originally posted by DoomReaper

Originally posted by bloodaxes

Errrr

ROFL!! I thought something similar when I saw the last few posts and figured that I should start enjoying the entertainment factor. I tried to be nice to him but his replies show that he doesn't care

of course he doesnt care his name is mug hug with a name like that i wouldnt care about anything either except alganon it seems in my friends words its a bot lol

But before you make a final decision, I would recommend that you use the available trial if you have not already.

Once you have done this, then maybe you can come back and write some constructive, neutral and balanced posts about your time. Even if you have tried Alganon, you can still have a go at writing some constructive, neutral and balanced posts about your time there.

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Originally posted by syntax42

Originally posted by parrotpholk

The only people who seem to enjoy it is the low post count folks and they glow about it unlike even the most hardcore of fans on the official forums. This kind of marketing shouldnt be allowed but sadly it is a free internet after all.

Yes, because a big number on the internet means you must have a large (fill in the blank) in real life.  Don't de-value someone's opinion just because of a number next to their name.  That argument could be turned around and used against you for having a large post count.

Its not just about post count btw. Its about the fact the first thing this person did was write this review and his posts the last page or 2 lend some credence to he is little more than a paid shill or volunteer. Its fine to like a game and its fine to hate one. The mmorpg community is far from perfect and not as harsh as the FoH community but I know a good amount of folks here and trust their opinion based on what they write and to a extent post count helps. I know when I made this account I didnt post anything for quiet a bit checking out everything here. In fact I made it to get into a beta at the time. So there is something to being around a bit and getting to know the community before posting like the OP did and his responses that followed.

Originally posted by Comnitus

Haha, near the end of this thread the OP's mind got fried so he just copies and pastes the same response like a drooling idiot.
    I've never even heard of this game, but if he replies to my post, I'm sure he'll say, "Thank you for your interest in Alganon." Really? What interest?

Originally posted by Emeraq

Originally posted by misterdurp

i dont know who to pity, the OP for advertising this game, or the posters who truly believe the OP is being paid to do this.

I agree with this.

If he was being paid to post here, and IF his employers are reading his posts, I can't imagine that with his very negative posts, and his continuos attacking of people in personal defense rather than in defense of the game by pointing out the qualities of their product, he can't be a paid employee for much longer.

Also, if he is a community member of Alganon he's not speaking very well of it for the same reasons mentioned above, and is NOT going to win anyone here over to subscribing to a game that isn't nearly as good as the F2P Allods online.

Originally posted by Einherjar_LC

Originally posted by abyss610

Originally posted by phitch

Nope, I did not come here to start a fight.
    So DoomReaper has evidence that I work for QO LLC!!!
    Now you can see into my mind and tell me things I did not even know.
    Come on, not another expert on everything.
    Yes, I admit I have a weak point - If someone wants to mouth off at me then I will give as good as I get - Now hold onto your hats for this one - I accept I am not perfect (unlike the Bosom Pals) but I have the guts to admit it.
    The one point you selected to omit is that he cast the first stone regardless. Are you classing his post as a constructive, postive and neutral comment?
    Well, I found it hard to take it like that.
    Hold on, what about his accussations that I work for QO LLC and he avoided providing evidence when I asked him to. What a statement to make!!! He hints at that in his first post!!!!
    That is a downright lie that when pushed into a corner he avoided to answer. If he was so right, then why did he not provide the evidence instead of moving onto other things to insult over?
    You seem to know all the answers - Well pray tell me or do we have one more person who make statements but cannot prove them?
    If you want to lock horns with me, then be prepared to take it too.
    You seem selective in what you point out in your post.
    Just on you avoiding the point of the accussation (on more then one thread), your post fails the requirments for a constructive, postive, balanced and neutral post.
    To be honest, you words may be toned down a bit, but you are no better then anyone else who has been active tonight in this.

You haven't come to fight, but you continue to fight either way? No one is locking horns with you, perhaps you need to log off for the night.  I have done nothing but point out that you simply took an offhanded comment and made a war out of it, then took it further and mocked somebody you don't even know. Someone, I might add, who plays the game that you want everyone else to play.

As you said, you found it hard to think of Doomreapers response as being positive (when he actually said nothing bad to you -- go read it and tell us what he said that was not positive) meaning that you were already looking for a reason to start a fight, just as you are looking to continue one right now.

I am not selective in what I point out -- I pointed on both posts in entirety. You are selective in what you feel is insulting and in return attack and lash out.

Since you want to say he cast the first stone -- what stone did he cast that you hadn't admitted to doing?

Your last line does not make sense.

Anyway, do you denie that he accussed me of trying to sell the game? Do you denie that he accused me of working for QO LLC?

Do you denie that you forgot to highlight that in your post?

No better then anyone else here, regardless of how you pretend how you sound.

actually no he never said you worked for QO LLC, and i believe what he ment buy you "selling the game" was more about you trying to win people over with your review. now others like myself did say we believed you to be paid, and believed so based on your post history and sign up date and how belligerent you get about the game resorting to name calling and what not.

You clearly are not aware of all the contents of his posts.

Firstly, to quote him from his first post 'Shame you have to resort to this approach to sell the game'. Why is it a shame and why use the word 'sell'? Please explain.

Second, to quote him again 'Oh dear lord, when will these Alganon Devs stop creating profiles to try to sell the game to people. Quite a few things scream out that this is nothing more than viral marketing and anyone who can see past their own ass would know this.'

That is the opening paragraph that opens a post that qutoes my post in great detail.

Next we have him stating:

'Our motivation is to stop people from playing this game that you yourself can't even tell us why you like it. Also to stop QoL from viral marketing... Marak Dragandor level 15.

MugHug Alganon Lover description of the game:

He finishes with:

Oh and we all know you are Xyltan.

And who is Xyltan?

And I have just quoted from one page of one thread!!

Then we get people like Einherjar_LC making quotes like 'market your crap game somewhere else.' to me.

If you bother to read around a bit more, it seems there is a sub-set of members that flame virtually anyone that comes here to be positive about Alganon. It seems being poistive about it = employee of QO LLC in their eys. If anything it seems like they treat this thread as their own private turf and you better watch out. Just reading old posts show this has been going on well before I came here.

If you want to stay blind to all the evidence, that is your problem. If you wish to denie the facts then at least, please stay out of the conversations.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably a duck(shill).

I rarely flame people and I am usually very constructive(and post history will reflect this) but when a new account wonder comes on the boards, sounding like a shill for Alganon and then proceeds to insult the first poster that replies to his thread I'll call it how I see it.  The last thing I am concerned about is increasing my post count as attested to by only having 350 odd posts in nearly 5 years.

Sorry for your luck but unfortunately viral marketing happens a lot here and I don't know many that care for it, myself included.  Your thread is exactly how every other shill that claims they aren't a shill reacts and attacks.  Then, after about a day to a week or so, they are never heard from again.

There has been plenty of publicity for Alganon here, even a beta key giveaway or two.  Your little thread about how horrible it is, but try it anyways, plus your demeanor towards other posters from the onset are doing little to attract customers to the game.

Don't bother with the cut and paste message either.  I was in Alganon beta right up until they released it far before it should have been.  The game is a mess and deserves all the bad press it's getting. 

In closing, if you aren't a shill I apologize for your treatment here but nothing you have done has dissuaded anyone from thinking otherwise.

• lol love the "Block" function :)

Originally posted by chouming

lol love the "Block" function :)

Can someone please ban this loser? Dude you are pathetic to say the least. What are you trying to prove exactly? i really wonder...Albert was right...Stupidity knows no boundaries.

I would excuse you if you were 18 yrs old...but...50? come ooooooon. GET A LIFE.

My brain has 2 sides;Left and right. My left side has nothing right and my right side has nothing left...

• I think we should just report him for spam till he is banned :)

• Try the game...hmm..nope..waste of bandwidth.

• japojapo Member Posts: 306
    Originally posted by TheDarzin

Originally posted by blueturtle13

I have played since Alpha and I like it. It is not the best game ever but it fills my mmo plate well enough. I usually sub to two at a time so this is my second mmo. (EQ2 is the other)  

I am glad you enjoy the game. I just want someone to tell us why we should play it.

I play it and I'm enjoying it.

I would never tell someone else why they should play it any more than I would do what you're doing...telling people they should NOT play it.

That's like me trying to convince you that Coke is better than Pepsi.  Why would I do that?

Try the free trial...either you'll like it and play, or you won't like it and you'll leave.  Make up your own freekin' mind.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

I was going to try it but it was freezing in character creation! what game freezes there lol

Also there's no need to try it if you go on youtube and see all it's bugs and similarities with wow it's enough for anyone to bash it.

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82

Man, this guy has made a great impression. I used to think, if nothing else, that Alganon has a good community, but this gentleman has altered my perceptions.

In any event, they DO have a free trial server, so if you really want to play it, you've got nothing to lose but time. IMO the game has absolutely nothing special going for it. It's a low-quality version of WoW in every way, though it does seems to have a decent community.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

I was going to try it but it was freezing in character creation! what game freezes there lol
    Also there's no need to try it if you go on youtube and see all it's bugs and similarities with wow it's enough for anyone to bash it.

So...basically...instead of actually playing the game, you're letting someone else make the decision for you.

Okay....whatever.

• Wow ..the server must be loosing players fast. The surge of "go try the game" posts LOL

Originally posted by chouming

Wow ..the server must be loosing players fast. The surge of "go try the game" posts LOL

Eh....I just think it's funny when people bash a game without ever trying it for themselves.  They base their opinion on what other people say.

That makes about as much sense as me telling you what a great game Darkfall is....and I've never played it. 

Like I said....try it or don't...I could care less.  I'm just adding my opinion here cuz I'm bored and my wife is pissing me off....so this is a good place to be right now.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Originally posted by japo

So...basically...instead of actually playing the game, you're letting someone else make the decision for you.

Okay....whatever.

So judging a game YOURSELF from a video which shows "gameplay" and mobs teleporting behind you or wall climbing or going in places were you shouldn't go like behind mountains and not pics are decisions from someone else?

I know you guys want more people in that pos but there's nothing there that can't be gotten 10x better in other games.

Originally posted by japo

Okay....whatever.

So judging a game YOURSELF from a video which shows "gameplay" and mobs teleporting behind you or wall climbing or going in places were you should go like behind mountains and not pics are decisions from someone else?

I know you guys want more people in that pos but there's nothing there that can't be gotten 10x better in other games.

Well....that stuff hasn't happened to me...so, yeh.

My only complaint with the game so far is framerate...and that should (hopefully) improve with patches.

• SimielSimiel Member Posts: 149

It's pretty pathetic how low people at the age of 49 can be... I don't think any child would want a dad with this level of stupidity and stubbornness. I can hardly imagine having the courage to wake up everyday knowing you have to be someone REMOTELY similar to this OP.

Beside that point, this thread proves to be extremely counter-productive, it already drove the rest of the people who were considering alganon out of the way.

MugHug, you should go back to school. Learn some self-respect and self-awareness, consciousness is something you seem to lack. I don't like telling other people how they should live, but this case is too goddam pathetic for me not to say anything..

Originally posted by Simiel

It's pretty pathetic how low people at the age of 49 can be... I don't think any child would want a dad with this level of stupidity and stubbornness. I can hardly imagine having the courage to wake up everyday knowing you have to be someone REMOTELY similar to this OP.
    Beside that point, this thread proves to be extremely counter-productive, it already drove the rest of the people who were considering alganon out of the way.
    MugHug, you should go back to school. Learn some self-respect and self-awareness, consciousness is something you seem to lack. I don't like telling other people how they should live, but this case is too goddam pathetic for me not to say anything..

Wow...you seem to be taking the thread rather personally.

Alganon is a game...you know that right?

Originally posted by kingtommyboy

what the hell?? dude I've READ ALL THOSE DAMN THREADS SO SHUT UP! and no, most of those reviews are just pure bashing... But I guess you have no brain to understand this and it also seems that the only thing you are doing on mmorpg.com is bashing alganon.. your just miserable

If by miserable you mean that i don't waste my time trolling in threads that i don't find interesting or funny then yes i am miserable. Alganon threads are interesting and funny (contrary to the game itself)  if you actually played the game, something that you have never done as you said. And what do you do? You come here telling people to stop acting as trolls and you urge them to go play the game and then start a discussion.

Have you played the game? NO.  Tell me one  good reason why should anyone start a discussion with you about a game you havent even tried? Perhaps you are the one that should do what you urge other people to do. Don't you think?

This discussion has been closed.