Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

star trek newb who wants to play...

Hi all, i  have since a phew days completely stopped playing wow (hooray for me).

and since SWtor is long from being launched, i was wondering if STO is worth looking at for someone who doesn't really know the series

well the only thing i have seen from star trek was the 2009 movie, other then that i have no real experience with it.

so my question:

will i be able to follow ths story, missions decendly without wondering whats happening or what is going on?

Comments

• SylvariSylvari Member Posts: 61

I'm gonna do exactly the same, play STO till SW:ToR comes out. I don't have much experience of ST either but I'm sure the story will be explained if you read the quest texts etc. I wouldn't worry about that too much, the game looks fun and thats all that matters really.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, SW:ToR and STO.
    Currently playing Guild Wars, LoTRO).
    Played WoW, GW, CO, DDO, RoM, WAR, LoTRO, Allods (Beta) + Tons more that aren't even worth mentioning!

• VforVavavoomVforVavavoom Member Posts: 29

probably will, i cant help myself...how long i will stay will depend on the game and if its any good

• HitechLolifeHitechLolife Member Posts: 210
    Originally posted by vancha801

Hi all, i  have since a phew days completely stopped playing wow (hooray for me).
    and since SWtor is long from being launched, i was wondering if STO is worth looking at for someone who doesn't really know the series

well the only thing i have seen from star trek was the 2009 movie, other then that i have no real experience with it.

so my question:
    will i be able to follow ths story, missions decendly without wondering whats happening or what is going on?

Well, one of the developer's goals was exactly that - to make the game accesable to everyone not just Trek fans- for what it's worth. Games not out yet so no one knows for sure.

Currently Playing: The Game

• vancha801vancha801 Member Posts: 23

Thanks for the fast reply's, ah right forgot about that part, most developers indeed want to make there game for a wide audience

silly of me to forget that >.>

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

You shouldn't have any problem following anything. Like TOR, STO is taking place in a time frame that wasn't covered in the movies so as to not be hindered by any cannon. I'd recomend visiting http://www.startrekonline.com/videos so as to familiarize yourself with what the game will look like.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• SplatzorSplatzor Member UncommonPosts: 92

You will not have those moments that a Terk nerd will have , goning"  ( insect ship class here) doesn't have that type of blankedy blank"  You will also get to learn all about it as you go through the game. There are a lot of books aswell as all those movies to base the game on.