Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

are you SERIOUS mmorpg? evony = malware. WAKE UP

kaiulainkaiulain Member Posts: 12

MMORPG.com  Remove Evony from your list of games, remove it NOW.

If you had any sense at all, ANY, you would know Evony for what it is and for the rest of the industry knows it as.

Besides from the fact Evony is a horrible, horrible excuse for a game (it is 100% Civ rip off) It is goldsellers, RMT companies and spammers collecting email addresses and going 'first party' to steal users information, not just emails and accounts but infect their machines with malware.

Do your research, or your credibility will DROP once other gaming sites and the general public catch on to the fact you have been duped!

Video detailing links to WoW scammers and gold sellers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFb9QKkNDU8&feature=related

Video showing just how OBVIOUS and terrible this scam is -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNzaTePcs64

Comments

• MattMassacreMattMassacre Member Posts: 182

Did you see what that donkey just did?!

• ArchemorousArchemorous Member Posts: 197

Evony never installed any malware on my machine. Nor did I ever have the email I used to register there stolen or hacked.

As far as the game goes, it was fun until my cities were maxed out. After that the only thing left to do was war, and I wasnt interested in that so I left.

Hmm, maybe I should get the latest Settlers...

• rafaelrehnrafaelrehn Member Posts: 235

evony generates far more revenue for the site than OP ever will

EDIT : I like shemales

• SimielSimiel Member Posts: 149

heh, anything to fund the site right? MMORPG?

That's just pathetic.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

well i will admit i evony has been being reamed for being a ripoff of civ amongst other things its a browser game as far as i was aware though from the outset make it a rule to neverplay games in banners unless its established like eq for instance

having said that there is a proceeding now i beileve between evony and some other dude cuz the dude was bashing said game and the debate is still up could be those links posted above dk i think the OP has a good point ppl need to be aware even if it isnt true care should be taken with anything that has that kinda rep

Methinks OP is a sock puppet with main account supporting the cause

Originally posted by rafaelrehn

this may be but it doesnt defeat the fact that this isnt just some wild thoery this game has changed several times i think

as i even recall reading for that very fact alone the civ creators got a little more then pissed that they stole thier game and sued

civeny i think was the original title and some other guy as i stated above is saying they are tied to wow gold sellers

true or not this game aint winning any prizes with its little scheme of scantily clad women and having seen the game through screenshots when  one of the mmorpg ppl posted about sex in games evony was at the top of the list for games that used sex as a selling point about a game with no actual sex in it

all im saying is its something to think about before getting into the game

Originally posted by joker007mo

this may be but it doesnt defeat the fact that this isnt just some wild thoery this game has changed several times i think

as i even recall reading for that very fact alone the civ creators got a little more then pissed that they stole thier game and sued

civeny i think was the original title and some other guy as i stated above is saying they are tied to wow gold sellers

true or not this game aint winning any prizes with its little scheme of scantily clad women and having seen the game through screenshots when  one of the mmorpg ppl posted about sex in games evony was at the top of the list for games that used sex as a selling point about a game with no actual sex in it

your sock puppet

your sock puppet

and your clearly a fool but hey your opinion

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Originally posted by Simiel

That's just pathetic.

What are you talking about?   We have a page for Evony in our games list because it is a browser game - and we list all browser games.  We don't take money from the company.  Having your MMORPG/browser game listed at MMORPG.com is 100% free.

There are YouTube videos showing that the US Government blew up the World Trade Center and Pentagon - but I don't believe that either.  If we ever have solid proof that a game company is up to fraud we will delist the game immediately - as many posters here seem to indicate the game appears to not be some giant scam.

If we removed every game that a user screamed "scam" over, that counter on the top of the page next to "Games:" would read 0

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• kaiulainkaiulain Member Posts: 12

your sock puppet

You fail at conspiracy theories...

your sock puppet

a joker (joker007mo) calling me a fool erm

your sock puppet

You're both ignorant.

It is "you're"  as in "you are ..." 

Not "your" as "your life"

"you're a sock puppet"

"and you're clearly a fool but hey your opinion"

Back to school time for new years!

Originally posted by kaiulain

your sock puppet

You're both ignorant.

"you're a sock puppet"

no as in "its your sock puppet"  mr genius

Originally posted by Admin

That's just pathetic.

What are you talking about?   We have a page for Evony in our games list because it is a browser game - and we list all browser games.  We don't take money from the company.  Having your MMORPG/browser game listed at MMORPG.com is 100% free.

There are YouTube videos showing that the US Government blew up the World Trade Center and Pentagon - but I don't believe that either.  If we ever have solid proof that a game company is up to fraud we will delist the game immediately - as many posters here seem to indicate the game appears to not be some giant scam.

If we removed every game that a user screamed "scam" over, that counter on the top of the page next to "Games:" would read 0

... I'm talking about the ads, thanks.

Originally posted by kaiulain

your sock puppet

You're both ignorant.

"you're a sock puppet"

no as in "its your sock puppet"  mr genius

I stand corrected Mrs. genius

That's just pathetic.

your bio says you're from USofA.That means you have absolutely no right to assume a moral high ground on any subject whatsoever since your country behaves like a pig

your sock puppet

welll if you think im a sock puppet you must be im just stating the facts sorry it doesnt work for you

Allegations have been made that the game is linked to WoWMine, a Chinese operation known for online gold farming.[6] The developers of Evony have denied this accusation.[10]

On 25 August 2009, Evony's lawyers threatened to sue a critical blogger for defamation.[10] The developers of Evony have denied the allegations from internet blogger Bruce Everiss, based in Coventry, and have sent a cease and desist letter for defamation based on Australian law.[11] Everiss responded by linking to a documentary which reportedly shows evidence of Evony's fraudulent history.[12] The case would have potentially created a legal precedent over defamation charges for worldwide defamation being ordered from a domestic court had Everiss been found guilty.[13] However shortly before the case was due to begin in Sydney, Evony parted with their legal team and asked for an adjournment of the case. [14]

The client software was analyzed by a programmer to determine what was going on behind the scenes, as there is heavy data usage during game play. This was an interesting find, as all of the client info, the animations etc. are all downloaded in one big download prior to game play. Included with the client are two pieces of tracking software that monitor your web use and which applications you have open while the client is running. These do not install independently on the machine though due to the limitations of flash and do not actually damage anything, but they harvest massive volumes of information. However, there is a large volume of data coming in over the ports the client uses -- it is downloading something into cache for use later.[15]

plus as i stated before the game uses an advertisment that is a little misleading even the staff of mmorpg has stated so in one of their articles i never said anything about pulling it i just said i thought he may be right on it

That's just pathetic.

Bury your head in the sand and get your ass r*ped.

There goes all of MMORPG.coms respect!

Thanks for the official post.

Needed the quote.

your sock puppet

welll if you think im a sock puppet you must be im just stating the facts sorry it doesnt work for you

Allegations have been made that the game is linked to WoWMine, a Chinese operation known for online gold farming.[6] The developers of Evony have denied this accusation.[10]

On 25 August 2009, Evony's lawyers threatened to sue a critical blogger for defamation.[10] The developers of Evony have denied the allegations from internet blogger Bruce Everiss, based in Coventry, and have sent a cease and desist letter for defamation based on Australian law.[11] Everiss responded by linking to a documentary which reportedly shows evidence of Evony's fraudulent history.[12] The case would have potentially created a legal precedent over defamation charges for worldwide defamation being ordered from a domestic court had Everiss been found guilty.[13] However shortly before the case was due to begin in Sydney, Evony parted with their legal team and asked for an adjournment of the case. [14]

The client software was analyzed by a programmer to determine what was going on behind the scenes, as there is heavy data usage during game play. This was an interesting find, as all of the client info, the animations etc. are all downloaded in one big download prior to game play. Included with the client are two pieces of tracking software that monitor your web use and which applications you have open while the client is running. These do not install independently on the machine though due to the limitations of flash and do not actually damage anything, but they harvest massive volumes of information. However, there is a large volume of data coming in over the ports the client uses -- it is downloading something into cache for use later.[15]

plus as i stated before the game uses an advertisment that is a little misleading even the staff of mmorpg has stated so in one of their articles i never said anything about pulling it i just said i thought he may be right on it

the OP is silent - now you are pouring out a mass of facts in support.... strange i have seen this tactic before

That's just pathetic.

your bio says you're from USofA.That means you have absolutely no right to assume a moral high ground on any subject whatsoever since your country behaves like a pig

And you, for assuming such assumption, are a more flawed breed of a pig than I am.

In the end, you're just a little piglet who accept all things the internet tells you. That or your brainwashing parents.

Either way, lol, learn to think for yourself, piglet.

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

My pc just gave me this message from Avira Anti-Virus (I was running an ad-aware can at the time).

C:Users|Vince|DocumentsDownloadsiEnvoyClient.exe

Is the TR/PSW.Stealer.1793140 Trojan

Envoy has been on my pc for over a week now! Hope it aint done me any harm.

your sock puppet

the OP is silent - now you are pouring out a mass of facts in support.... strange i have seen this tactic before

Silent?

Wake up from conspiracy land please.

Originally posted by blondeh

My pc just gave me this message from Avira Anti-Virus (I was running an ad-aware can at the time).

C:Users|Vince|DocumentsDownloadsiEnvoyClient.exe
    Is the TR/PSW.Stealer.1793140 Trojan
    Envoy has been on my pc for over a week now! Hope it aint done me any harm.

oh no you might be another of my so called sock puppets

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

lol. Its just wierd.

I read this and thought hmm il run Ad-Aware. Thing is I thought id deleted Envoy a few days ago.