Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trial client to multiple machines?

WispyWispy Member UncommonPosts: 51

I have a group of friends I'd like to introduce to AoC, via a quasi-LAN party.  Only thing is, I don't want to have to go through the 24-hour trial client download on each PC.

If I were to copy the AOC folder to each machine, then run the downloader, would that set up the appropriate registry keys while still detecting the files that are on the drive?  Or do I have to start every one from scratch?

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

What about installing it first on each machine then copying it over?

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

You could install on 1 PC, network them and share.

Run the Funcom Duplicator Tool:   funcom.cachefly.net/DuplicatorTool.exe  (DL and install on each non game installed PC)

And select the source as the folder on the PC where the game is installed and then destination to where ever you want.

It will copy the entire contents on the installed game to where ever you want and will be much faster than partial copies such as the RDB files.

All you would have to do is hook each PC up on a network such as through the same router and make the installed game folder a shared one and moved to say C: itself instead of the whole directory listings.

• WispyWispy Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Run the Funcom Duplicator Tool:   funcom.cachefly.net/DuplicatorTool.exe  (DL and install on each non game installed PC)

Excellent, thanks!  That's even better than what I'd hoped for!

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Wispy

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Excellent, thanks!  That's even better than what I'd hoped for!

If you need a hand gimmie a shout. I did the same thing to 3 PC's in the home. Had a bit of issue getting them to see the shared folder but got their in the end and it was much faster than DL'ing. (I even had the disks too but was easier overall this way)

You can use the duplicator too if ever anyone wanted to try out the test server too (have to create a seperate client again) but Patch 1.06 is on there if you want to see what is coming out soon.

Good luck and hope it works out for you.