Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What level of customization?

noxxlenoxxle Member Posts: 119

What level of character customization will we have? Mostly cosmetic? Hundreds of weapons/armors? Are the weapon variations similar to Diablo II (i.e. many versions of the same weapon with slightly different stats)?

Comments

• MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143

Your armour is purely cosmetic and you can acquire different suits as well as many dyes. You can also go without a helmet or wear flair items and it won't effect you. Stats can be boosted by upgrades which I believe are invisible.

There aren't variations for weapons but they will share the dyes that you use on your armour.

• noxxlenoxxle Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Mechanism

Your armour is purely cosmetic and you can acquire different suits as well as many dyes. You can also go without a helmet or wear flair items and it won't effect you. Stats can be boosted by upgrades which I believe are invisible.
    There aren't variations for weapons but they will share the dyes that you use on your armour.

That's it? If so, kind of disappointing.

• MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143

There likely will be a lot less items over all compared to a game like Diablo 2 but keeping cosmetic and stat customization separate should prove nice.

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Originally posted by Mechanism

Sounds great. Glad I pre-ordered the Collectors. Can't wait for launch.

• SevensoddSevensodd Member Posts: 322

Yeah, thats kind of disappointing.  I was hoping for at LEAST hellgate type weapons.  Maybe rare/unique type weapons.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

no stats on equipment.

you customize your character's uniqueness and obtain stats in the following way:

- skill trees

- devices

- implants

- melee weapons

- ranged weapons

you customize your appearance in the following way:

- face moulding similar to EVE

- armor and helmets that can be purchased

- dyes on armor and weps

gives you the most customization out of any MMO, in terms of spec and appearance. CoH is the only one that gives more options in the aesthetics department.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    Originally posted by Sevensodd

Yeah, thats kind of disappointing.  I was hoping for at LEAST hellgate type weapons.  Maybe rare/unique type weapons.

ah, but this isn't customization. this is gear grinding, something GA is staying well away from.

Originally posted by sonoggi

ah, but this isn't customization. this is gear grinding, something GA is staying well away from.

And Iagree gear grinding sucks.  I've never really played wow, but I know you grind your ass off for gear in that game.  I was referring to just random drops, like in D2 or hellgate, for items.  I don't want to have the same weapons as the other dude.

• ZukanZukan Member Posts: 161

Originally posted by sonoggi

And Iagree gear grinding sucks.  I've never really played wow, but I know you grind your ass off for gear in that game.  I was referring to just random drops, like in D2 or hellgate, for items.  I don't want to have the same weapons as the other dude.

Well it /is/ a shooter. They have to give everyone the same weapons. The thing is though, there are a lot of different weapons to use. The assault alone has two grenade launchers, two mini guns, three rocket launchers, a shot gun and an assault rifle...that's not even counting his off hand devices.

hmmmm that doesn't sound too bad....sounds more like counterstrike with weapon selection lol.  i guess i was hoping for more of a rpg weapon system.  Oh well, the game still sounds pretty badass to me, and am still trying it out.