Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maybe you guys can help me?

I've been playing MMORPGs now for quite a long time, and I'm starting to get bored of playing CRAPPY games. Right now I'm looking for a nice free to play game. If it has a cash shop, only list it if the cash shop is not 100% needed to compete with a similar leveled player that does pay. Thanks to anyone who replies. ^_^

Comments

• vinwieselvinwiesel Member Posts: 114

The only free mmo I've played that wasn't complete crap was Perfect World.  Graphics are good, and it was well worth trying.  They all will push you towards the pay shop at higher level, but I played for over a month and didn't feel the need to buy anything.

• RefreshedRefreshed Member Posts: 9

I am not a fan of the cash shops. I feel that as you put it, player's who can afford to purchase some items can acquire levels that one would not be able to do so without spending a little.

So, my contribution would be to say for a "Browser Mmo" - Runescape. I know the past couple of months have changed it slightly, some may say that it has destroyed gameplay, you may enjoy it. Who knows.

For one that is free, but is a "fully blown" masterpiece, I would suggest Guild Wars. Its graphics and intriguing game play had me 'hooked' for a while, until I discovered the wonders of World of Warcraft.

I hear the "Hello Kitty" MMO is going to be the bomb. ^^  

The only other suggestion from me, is to take a different path from MMOs, and move to the 'RTS' franchise.

Hope that helps shed some light.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

Just get Left 4 Dead 2. Its the most zombie-fun you'll ever have with your computer AND other people.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

Left 4 Dead 2 is Left 4 Dead just with new packaging, different characters, a few new weapons but is still the SAME Zombie Apocalypse. 

If you were disappointed with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - Because it isn't new!! - you'd be disappointed with L4D2.

Just wait for Hello Kitty.

• GrakelGrakel Member Posts: 92

Allods, plenty of beta keys still floating around out there and it kept my girl friend's interest for awhile, a WoW player. How they'll run the item shop is still up in the air at this point though.

And yeah I still feel like Valve saw me coming last year when I bought L4D. Then they release a new game a year later instead of an update. Pretty slimy, especially for Valve.

Played in some form:
    UO til tram, AC, EQ, AO, WW2O, PS, SB, CoH, AC2, Hor, LoTRO, DDO, AoC, Aion, CO, STO
    Playing: WoW (for gf), WAR
    Waiting For: SWTOR, FFXVI
    Hoping For: DCUO, Secret World, Earthrise
    -S- (UO Sonoma)

Just picked up an Allods key.

Cheers for the shout Grakel. I'll give this a look at. Seems pretty well done for a free MMO.

• Ghostman78Ghostman78 Member Posts: 1

sweet

• GrakelGrakel Member Posts: 92

Glad you're enjoying it, Merry Christmas

Played in some form:
    UO til tram, AC, EQ, AO, WW2O, PS, SB, CoH, AC2, Hor, LoTRO, DDO, AoC, Aion, CO, STO
    Playing: WoW (for gf), WAR
    Waiting For: SWTOR, FFXVI
    Hoping For: DCUO, Secret World, Earthrise
    -S- (UO Sonoma)

• hanweehanwee Member Posts: 3

Perfect world or Atlantica Online