Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ROFL I am still playing Dragon Age!

HorkathaneHorkathane Member Posts: 380

This is insane and I have not even started a second character yet. Great game, so worth the money, actually this game is worth 2x its cost.

Comments

• SylvariSylvari Member Posts: 61

Cool, I ordered it last week, should be playing it soon :)

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, SW:ToR and STO.
    Currently playing Guild Wars, LoTRO).
    Played WoW, GW, CO, DDO, RoM, WAR, LoTRO, Allods (Beta) + Tons more that aren't even worth mentioning!

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

it would but no multiplayer.

• Cpt_PicardCpt_Picard Member Posts: 300

I'm on my second character now. I made sure I properly named my dog Barkspawn.

But ya, I think I have spent more time on DA then Oblivion, and thats saying alot.

Make it so...

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Cpt_Picard

But ya, I think I have spent more time on DA then Oblivion, and thats saying alot.

lol..Barkspawn.

I'm not creative enough for something like that I guess, I named my dog Beefsupreme

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by greed0104

lol..Barkspawn.

I'm not creative enough for something like that I guess, I named my dog Beefsupreme

I named mine puddles.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by greed0104

lol..Barkspawn.

I named mine puddles.

I named mine "Stay".

• ulthar50ulthar50 Member Posts: 47

Good deal. I finally grew desperate enough to download it. I'm hoping its as good as you say.

• DerrialDerrial Member Posts: 250

I hated the combat gameplay until I started a mage character. For some reason, the combat is a lot more enjoyable to me when playing as a mage, even though I usually play ranger or melee type characters in RPGs. Now I'm really enjoying it.

• SwoogieSwoogie Member UncommonPosts: 399

Im at about 40 hours and I am simply amazed at how long the game is. I havent spent this long on a game since Pokemon Blue when I was 8.lol   I play a Dalish Warrior Elf and I enjoy switching between him and Morrigan. Shale and Alistair normally can handle thier own and I dont need to switch to them to often. I love how what I choose affects what happends later. Its a great game. Was SWKOTR like this? How about Neverwinter nights? or Baldur's Gate? I was too in Everquest to ever play those games and since I'm enjoying Dragon Age so much I'm thinking they must be great games that I MUST play?

• xtoturnwithixtoturnwithi Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by daemon

Multiplayer in a fantasy RPG is a highly overrated experience. I thank Bethesda daily for having no multiplayer in Oblivion or Fallout 3. The last thing I want to do is be questing and stop in the Imperial City to resupply and be surrounded by half naked people dancing and people yelling "DUAL ME FAGIT!" at me in chat.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by xtoturnwithi

Multiplayer in a fantasy RPG is a highly overrated experience. I thank Bethesda daily for having no multiplayer in Oblivion or Fallout 3. The last thing I want to do is be questing and stop in the Imperial City to resupply and be surrounded by half naked people dancing and people yelling "DUAL ME FAGIT!" at me in chat.

I disagree with this.

You're considering the MMO model to be the defintion of multiplayer in RPGs.

It doesn't have to be like that. Look at Demon's Souls, it's mostly a singe-player, but it has a lot of multiplayer options(some of them are very interesting, like invading other people's worlds).

In my opinion, having an RPG with multiplayer options is rather an amazing thing. Imagine an Oblivion-like RPG with CO-OP(dungeon crawling, for example). It would be a really fun experience with friends.

But don't confuse an MMORPG with an RPG with multiplayer options, since they're very different.

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

MAN!!! I wanna play it so bad...looks so fuccin good!!!...

The only thing is I dont have the money right now.....

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

There's a big difference from playing a game with you're buddies on one console than playing with unknowns over the interwebs.

Make it so...

• PryettaPryetta Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by Thenarius

I disagree with this.

It doesn't have to be like that. Look at Demon's Souls, it's mostly a singe-player, but it has a lot of multiplayer options(some of them are very interesting, like invading other people's worlds).

In my opinion, having an RPG with multiplayer options is rather an amazing thing. Imagine an Oblivion-like RPG with CO-OP(dungeon crawling, for example). It would be a really fun experience with friends.

But don't confuse an MMORPG with an RPG with multiplayer options, since they're very different.

Those games aren't MMOs...the are MOs..They aren't Massive...they are just Multi-player Online. Which is great, Massive Multiplayer can sometimes ruin the community. I would like Dragon Age to be Co-Op or something...but not MMO type.

• ratternatterratternatter Member Posts: 20

swoogie you should play SWKOTOR and baldur's gate if you like this game. Anyone who is into rpgs should have played baldurs gate! =D

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by Pryetta

I disagree with this.

Those games aren't MMOs...the are MOs..They aren't Massive...they are just Multi-player Online. Which is great, Massive Multiplayer can sometimes ruin the community. I would like Dragon Age to be Co-Op or something...but not MMO type.

But there's a big difference between a MMORPG and an RPG with multiplayer.

In a MMORPG you'll have to create a world for thousand of players to play while an RPG with multiplayer can be pretty much a normal, single-player RPG with some multiplayer scenarios such as dungeon crawling/PvP/etc.

Originally posted by ratternatter

swoogie you should play SWKOTOR and baldur's gate if you like this game. Anyone who is into rpgs should have played baldurs gate! =D

Thanks, I prolly will. Along with Oblivion. Best Buy has all these games really cheap

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

I got board about 20% of the way through the game (as I did with Masseffect).. got to the mage tower-thingy and gave up.. didin't hold my interest, now if it was co-op that would be a different matter. I cannot play single player RPG's any more, always feels like something is missing.

The next RPG ill be buying is Diablo 3... should have the right mix of solo and group play.

I disagree with this.

Once you've played ANY game over LIVE, the experience is ruined forever.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by coffee

I got board about 20% of the way through the game (as I did with Masseffect).. got to the mage tower-thingy and gave up.. didin't hold my interest, now if it was co-op that would be a different matter. I cannot play single player RPG's any more, always feels like something is missing.
    The next RPG ill be buying is Diablo 3... should have the right mix of solo and group play.

At las we can agree :). I havnt played DA but I do intend to if for no other reason than my love for Baldurs Gate. I have played Morrowind and Oblivion though and like you, an RPG without the MMO is just not the same. Even though I solo a lot I miss the interaction with other players even if its nothing more than a wave or hello.

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714

Ummm you are just playing the wrong MMO....My MMO experiences arent like that. I stopped playing WoW a few years ago though.

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

Originally posted by Ozreth

Ummm you are just playing the wrong MMO....My MMO experiences arent like that. I stopped playing WoW a few years ago though.

Talking about LIVE here, not MMOs.

Originally posted by Swoogie

Thanks, I prolly will. Along with Oblivion. Best Buy has all these games really cheap

Oh ya and what about Mass Effect2? Will that be any good? I have read up on it and it doesnt make sense , is there NPC's in your party like DA:O or is it just you flying solo?

Oh ya and what about Mass Effect2? Will that be any good? I have read up on it and it doesnt make sense , is there NPC's in your party like DA:O or is it just you flying solo?

I'm fairly certain the npc's will be in you're party like any bioware game

Make it so...

I'm fairly certain the npc's will be in you're party like any bioware game

But then you can switch to them like in Dragon Age? HOw does that work if ME2 is a FPS?