Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP/PvE Servers?

I signed up for the unlimited trial of AoC and when I was creating my first char, I had one doubt: the PvE servers have no PvP at all? No wars, sieges, whatever? If someone really pisses you off you cannot even give him a slap(by beheading him)?

I ask that because I am more of a PvE type of player, but I don´t despise PvP. I like it, but not to be the main focus of my gameplay. I don´t like the idea of being a newb and be constantly ganked by higher level players, that´s why my choice was for one of the PvE server. But this means that if I decide to upgrade my account, this char will never be in a PvP fight or There is PvP but in a more moderated way?

Thanks in advance for the answers. 

Comments

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

There are mini games and sieges on PvE servers. The next patch coming out will contain arena's as well as smaller skirmishes ~ Tower PVP in the Border Kingdoms.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

On PvE servers, pvp is all consentual. People in mini games, sieges, borderlands, and incoming tower areas are all there to pvp. All of these activities are availible on PvE servers. I would go on one of the bigger ones (ie Wiccana or Set for NA) to ensure a supply of opponets.

Downside for PvE servers is that you can not kill that person in a non pvp area that just took your node, someone that has a stupid name, or just  because you feel like it. PvP servers definitely have their appeal but you will need to make sure you grow a thick skin. On PvP servers not only are gankings pretty common, but so is trash talking.