Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE now £3.75 on Steam

BadMedicineBadMedicine Member Posts: 86

It's an awesome enough deal to make me give this game a go - less than 4 pounds, and that includes 30 days free play. Needless to say, if you ever considered playing EVE, well, there's not going to be a better time to take the plunge.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Comments

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074
    Originally posted by BadMedicine

It's an awesome enough deal to make me give this game a go - less than 4 pounds, and that includes 30 days free play. Needless to say, if you ever considered playing EVE, well, there's not going to be a better time to take the plunge.

I just recently gave this game a trial, and I might just make good use of this bargain =)

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

lol 40 bucks at Best Buy and a couple bucks on steam...hmmmm

I play all ghame

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

thanks for the heads up. Just bought it as a gift for my brother, he tried the DL and doesnt have the money (or computer) for eve atm.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    Originally posted by Player_420

lol 40 bucks at Best Buy and a couple bucks on steam...hmmmm

on bestbuy is the box version no ?

BestSigEver :P

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

Can you use the CD key as a Plex?

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    Originally posted by Varny

Can you use the CD key as a Plex?

afaik no

BestSigEver :P

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

How time consuming is it? I honestly cant be bothered with having to play a game for 4 hours a day or anything like that. Can I jump in and out as I please? And if I wanted to make a really tough to kill type of ship, what would my options be?

:)

• TsukieUTsukieU Member Posts: 559
    Originally posted by jimsmith08

How time consuming is it? I honestly cant be bothered with having to play a game for 4 hours a day or anything like that. Can I jump in and out as I please? And if I wanted to make a really tough to kill type of ship, what would my options be?

This is one of those MMOs that is less a game and more a 2nd job.

I think it rates up there with FF11 in that department.

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Damn too bad GTCs arent that cheap :)

• pauldriverpauldriver Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by jimsmith08

I disagree with the poster above me. You could quite easily play for very short amounts of time. The less amount of time you log in though, the less attractive you are to corps. And to be honest if you are not in a good corp you will probably be spending a lot of time alone. EVE does not have the same mechanics for grouping that you will find in other MMO's.

Jam is sticky.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Yes, imo, Eve is very boring if you solo. Even in a corp that does not fit your playstyle Eve can be boring, so getting in a good corp that fits your playstyle is very important. And that, for me, seems to be harder than it seems.