Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your choices are: Lose your benefits or...

dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

... be a prostitute???

Check out this article about unemployment in Germany

Comments

• UiruruUiruru Member Posts: 984
    It really does seem like the world is going to hell in a handbasket...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 98% who has, copy & paste this in your signature.

A: 73% S: 66% K: 33% E: 26%

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087

The government had considered making brothels an exception on moral grounds, but decided that it would be too difficult to distinguish them from bars.

Now that prostitution is no longer considered by the law to be immoral

So the German government considers prostitution moral because it needs tax money? Interesting.

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

Well, my body tells me more power to them, but my mind tells me that's sick. Note that my mind has a hell of alot more logic than my body.

--------------------------------------

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

I'll have to second that Uiruru, it's getting pretty bad.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• CrackerCracker Member Posts: 54

Its sad but my husband and I have had conversations about this very matter. Until I read this article I thought legalizing prositiution would be good for the economy. Ive never been against it, because really its just 2 consulting adults +money exchange. But to force a woman into it is another story. Good post.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

*the following post reflect my bad tastes of humor*

WAR!!!

Let's teach those Germans a lesson, they seem to need 1 every now and then! 

Damn it, this is like drugs, you can ignore the problem and say it is immoral(which is the best thing to do), but to actually take a part from it benefit, it make you a pimp!

Dont steal, the governements dont like competition!

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• Nimrod4154Nimrod4154 Member Posts: 864

This is just another step towards the decline of this world. GG world.::::15::

• AngryHippieAngryHippie Member Posts: 214

"The waitress, an unemployed information technology professional, had said that she was willing to work in a bar at night and had worked in a cafe.

She received a letter from the job centre telling her that an employer was interested in her "profile'' and that she should ring them."

Omg, better be careful with that profile! And what if the local 'Village People' need a new 'cowboy'? The horror!

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

See, legalizing prostitution in the US is completely different that in some place like Germany because in the US, people get their benefits from the company they work for. If they are unemployed, they need to buy them themselves. So in the US they can't really "force" you into a profession such as prostitution, even if it was legalized. In Germany, the government provides the benefits so they have a say as into where you can work or not.

So I think legalizing prostitution in the US is a possibility without the downside that we see in that article.

• NaosNaos Member Posts: 379

::::04:: nooo way! I bet she would win a case in the EU human rights court lol.

Yes I agree the world has gone to hell and I blame the liberals.. this softly softly PC shit ain't working out guys....

• DarqueLordDarqueLord Member Posts: 195

Thats pretty messed up. Even if prostitution is legal in Germany, they shouldn't have the right to force someone into that profession. It should be by choice only, kinda like a haz-mat profession. After all they do have the chance of becoming infected with a VD and eventually dying of it.