Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How's the game doing? End game yet?

Last time I played this game I only got to level 44 but thoroughly enjoyed the game, unfortunately throughout my entire time leveling, I heard many times about how the end game just wasn't there and hardly existed. I heard the raids were bad and that sieges weren't any good.

Is this still true?

The new xpac piqued my interest until I realized it was focusing on more 1-80 content, and seemed like a step backwards to me. I could be wrong about this though.

Can someone who's not a complete troll or AoC fanboy(middle ground players) tell me if the game is worth leveling to 80 and conitnuing on?

Comments

• DarkbleachDarkbleach Member Posts: 40

Yes it is worth coming back to.

The expansion will be very good from what I have seen so far.

This was a live broadcast from the devs of the game showing off some of what the expansion has to offer.

www.xfire.com/cms/xf_tnss/

Edit: Fixed typo.

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

I had fun getting to 80, it was at that point that I didnt really find much fun left to do though... sure some raids and so on but anyway... I heard that the xpac would add new things for 1-80 but mostly be adding new high level stuff, but apparently you heard differently? oO

• UwayUway Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by Armisael191

Last time I played this game I only got to level 44 but thoroughly enjoyed the game, unfortunately throughout my entire time leveling, I heard many times about how the end game just wasn't there and hardly existed. I heard the raids were bad and that sieges weren't any good.
    Is this still true?

The new xpac piqued my interest until I realized it was focusing on more 1-80 content, and seemed like a step backwards to me. I could be wrong about this though.
    Can someone who's not a complete troll or AoC fanboy(middle ground players) tell me if the game is worth leveling to 80 and conitnuing on?

I would wait until after the xpac is out before giving the game a go. Getting to max level is easy and you will just find yourself bored doing the same few raids every week. The gear from the single group dungeons  for the most part is irrelevant.

Rise above hate.

Ignore fan boys.

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843

The developers didn't make it a priority...for an MMO that takes about a week of play time to max out, that doesn't make sense to me. But they stated a few months back most people were not at level cap so they were not worried about it.

Raiding: it hasn't kept up with MMO raiding games like EQ, Warcraft, or Final Fantasy.

Instances: it added one end game group but whats the point after running it a couple times?

PvP Sieging: Doesn't work do to lag and crashes and likely never will...it works on one server only do to them making melee only sieges.

PvP mini games...PuG vs. premade created a lack of interest on the major servers and the majority of servers don't have populations for it.

Crafting: Meh is fairly pointless and a weak system.

Economy: very weak compared to any other MMO.

----------------------------

Yeah is all this hype about this expansion....but there was a lot of hype about AoC at release as well. IDK IMO they should have made adding content to level caped players priority 1 as it was the 80s who quit or rerolled, while the casuals who didn't play enough to hit 80 would come to every forum to sell the game and pay their subs for the 3 - 5 hrs a month they played not caring one bit about content, game mechanics, bugs, broken stuff, or anything else.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• ozy1ozy1 Member Posts: 309

Had a good fun lvling in this game but the end game was crap. If the x-pac was free i would resub to check it out but there no way Im buying it unless a few months after its out its the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Playing Darkfall EU1 Server

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

wait for expansion reviews

its suppose to be the end-game content we wanted

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

Renown System and Arenas are coming with the next patch. Then we'll probably see them moving all their resources towards the expansion.

Something tells me the Arenas will have some great re-playability. The Renown System will obviously begin to up the competition between guilds and could certainly bring some more PvP to the table.

But we shall see.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• phil18phil18 Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Armisael191

Is this still true?

Well there is a decent amount of endgame content, if your enjoy raiding you will be doing it at least 3 times per week depending on your guild. There are currently 2 teirs of raiding content (with teir 3 currently on the test servers), which consists of:

24-Player Raids

[Teir 1]

Name: Vistrix's Lair

Levels: 78-80

Zone: Atzel's Approach

Name: Yakhmar's Cave

Levels: 80

Zone: Eiglophian Mountains

Name: Kylikki's Crypt

Zone: Fields of the Dead

[Teir 2]

Name: Black Ring Citadel ( 3 wings, each with a variety of bosses)

Zone: Kheshatta

[Teir 3]

Name: Thoth-Amon's Stronghold ( current on Test server)

Zone: Kheshatta

So that alone takes up most of my in-game time, then  you also have "PVP levels" which were added a while ago. As you PVP (world, duel, minigames, border kingdoms, seige) you gain PVP EXP and there are currently 5 levels each of which opens up a peices of PVP focused gear. By the time you reach PVP Level 5, you will have a full set of gear designed to enhance your PVP abilties.

Then you can work on your crafting, while the base crafting is fairly easy to level its the rare recipes that drop in the world are worth money and those item you can make from those. That takes up alot of time, if you want to invest in that. (e.g Culture armors)

If your PVP focused the latest 1.06 patch has some intresting additions to world PVP, in the form of capturable PVP Towers which will be added to the Border kingdoms.

AOC will never match the content levels of WOW or larger MMOs, just due to the fact that dev team isnt that big anymore. Over the past 12 months imo they have worked miracles with AOC, I hope fully that with the exp coming out its gains abit of ground...then we can see more money being put into its devolpment.