Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Polls

LuckyRLuckyR Member UncommonPosts: 260

A simple request with MY reason why.

Would it be possible on your polls to add 1 more check box for something like "Sorry I do not play this game"?

The reason I ask is it would be a good indicator of what people are playing, I know it is not very scientific or anything, but instead of having to listen to all the Trolls and Fanbois of any given game I could just look at the polls.

I could see that 20% of the people that play LOTR plays a Hobbit, but I could also see that 67% of all people that vote on the poll do not play LOTR at all.

To me this would say alot about a game, without have to wade through all the crap.

Thanks for your tim

Rick

Comments

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by LuckyR

A simple request with MY reason why.
    Would it be possible on your polls to add 1 more check box for something like "Sorry I do not play this game"?
    The reason I ask is it would be a good indicator of what people are playing, I know it is not very scientific or anything, but instead of having to listen to all the Trolls and Fanbois of any given game I could just look at the polls.
    I could see that 20% of the people that play LOTR plays a Hobbit, but I could also see that 67% of all people that vote on the poll do not play LOTR at all.
    To me this would say alot about a game, without have to wade through all the crap.
    Thanks for your tim
    Rick

The fact that people who do not play the game being voted on will not change with another option. You are taking for granted that people voting actually play or have played the game.  I would suggest that the polls, just like most everything else here are skewed way beyond the point of being accurate.

• AngorimAngorim Member Posts: 466
    Originally posted by LuckyR

Your example contradicts your suggestion.  This would throw off the percentages and the general idea of the poll, finding out who plays what race that is playing the game, assuming that everyone taking the poll is actually playing since it was designed for those particular people.

Unless the option is added strictly to questions pertaining to if you are playing/have played/will play a particular game, it will corrupt the result of the poll with a completely unrelated answer.