Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Farming in Guild Wars is more unique then any other game.

GWFarmDataGWFarmData Member Posts: 3

I believe that for most, farming in Guild Wars is love or hate, much like PvP. So if you're not into farming you probally shouldn't be reading this thread. I myself am a Farm-Junkie (lul) and have loved every aspect of it from the first time I farmed with a 330HP Ritualist. I even have two youtube channels dedicated to farming, which can be found at the end of this thread. So enough about me.

I want to talk about where the state of farming in guild wars is right now and where it's going as we are looking ahead to guild wars 2. As of right now the state of farming in guild wars is dominated by perma sins, which is fine but it's almost too easy. I want the community to try and get a little more creative with the builds, much like the fairly new Signet of Spirits farmer. You can be any class and use this build (works best with rits and rangers though) which is a huge plus, and with practice this build can be used to farm a ton of areas. So thats my two cents I want to know your opinions about farming in guild wars and maybe if you see a future for it in guild wars 2. 

thanks!

Comments

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

permasins days are numbered according to linsey
    been doing SoS rit farm ever since the change on SoS

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• InStarsInStars Member Posts: 6

Farming in Guild Wars is so unique, because Guild Wars has a lot of skills and you can use skills of any profession (secondary) and the skill limit of 8 skills makes so many variants to farm.

I believe that in the future people will invent more fun ways to farm, because there are a lot of skill combinations, if some1 makes a Duo farm then you can triple the amount of combinations.

And the third thing that makes Guild Wars farming so unique is that every time you leave town or outpost you have your own world and there is no one who can bother you. Other MMO's, for example Lineage2 has one connected world not instaced as it is in guild wars, in Lineage sometimes you have to wait in line kill the right boss :D

Guild Wars farming is unique and I think it wont be as unique in GW2.