Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ohhh how I was tempted to get MW2

greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

Until I seen this. Haven't been this excited about a BF game since BF1942 released. Plus it has dedicated servers

So I can gladly say, go to hell IW.

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

FFS! thanks

now here is another game i have to buy >.>

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• BranXBranX Member UncommonPosts: 79

Damn it looks really good.

• AngorimAngorim Member Posts: 466

I was interested in MW2 until I heard about the lack of dedicated servers.  Thanks for posting this, that looks insanely fun.

• DerrialDerrial Member Posts: 250

Yeah, no question Bad Company 2 will the PC game that MW2 wishes it could have been. March 2, 2010

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by CayneJobb

Yeah, no question Bad Company 2 will the PC game that MW2 wishes it could have been. March 2, 2010

Why would MW2 want to be like Bad Company 2? They are entirely different games and MW2 is obviously going to outsell Bad Company 2.

I don't see why some people think this is going to be the MW2 killer. Battlefied Bad Company was a good game, but it wasn't as good as Call of Duty 4. Bad Company 2 seems to be nearly the same as Bad Company 1,

• SylvariSylvari Member Posts: 61

The problem I find with BF is the combat is way to slow. The whole bouncing around thing whilst moving is just plain irritating, I'm sure they were going for realism but it seems more like the characters are carrying a tank on their backs. The amount of bullets it takes to kill someone is also annoying but I've heard they've sorted that out a bit now, loved BF2 but BF:BC was a huge disappointment for me. Regardless I'll try BC2 out and hope for the best.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, SW:ToR and STO.
    Currently playing Guild Wars, LoTRO).
    Played WoW, GW, CO, DDO, RoM, WAR, LoTRO, Allods (Beta) + Tons more that aren't even worth mentioning!

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

MW2 for console (ps3 no doubt)

BF2 for pc, didn't we already go through this with MF1 and BF1?

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Why would MW2 want to be like Bad Company 2? They are entirely different games and MW2 is obviously going to outsell Bad Company 2.

I don't see why some people think this is going to be the MW2 killer. Battlefied Bad Company was a good game, but it wasn't as good as Call of Duty 4. Bad Company 2 seems to be nearly the same as Bad Company 1,

Because MW2 is utter shit. Even worse for PC.

• PersephassaPersephassa Member Posts: 223

I have the first Bad Company for 360. It's an amazing game and and I bought it around the same time as I got Call of Duty 4. While the campaign in CoD4 was great, I found BC's multiplayer much more enjoyable. Even better than previous Battlefield games... Mostly because of the destructive environments and sound detail.

Apart from being available for PC, I'm not sure what Bad Company 2 is adding so I'm probably not going to purchase it. There are too many other games I need to get

• DerrialDerrial Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by CayneJobb Yeah, no question Bad Company 2 will the PC game that MW2 wishes it could have been. March 2, 2010

I don't see why some people think this is going to be the MW2 killer.

I don't think BC2 is a MW2 "killer" - there really is no such thing in single-player world, they will both exist and be successful I believe. But MW2 has not sold well on PC. I believe Bad Company 2 PC sales will be much higher than MW2 PC sales, and I'm sure IW would like to have been competitive on all platforms. Then again, maybe not since they made no effort on the PC version.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Sylvari

The problem I find with BF is the combat is way to slow. The whole bouncing around thing whilst moving is just plain irritating, I'm sure they were going for realism but it seems more like the characters are carrying a tank on their backs. The amount of bullets it takes to kill someone is also annoying but I've heard they've sorted that out a bit now, loved BF2 but BF:BC was a huge disappointment for me. Regardless I'll try BC2 out and hope for the best.

I'll admit I had no interest in the first BC. I didn't even like BF2.

I loved BF1942 because it was a bit slow and the landscape was huge. I like fast game play, but even then I preferred it a bit slower (CoD2 Rifles). I don't like the newer CoD games because it's nothing more then spamming grenades and calling in air strikes, now of coarse this could work, but the size of the average CoD map is really really small, so It doesn't quite work out to well. And I heard MW2 maps are smaller.

MW2 is not Modern Warfare, it's guns on a paintball field, this is modern warfare.  I just hope they can deliver.

So like somebody said, This is the game MW 2 wish they could be.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Because some people cannot form their own opinions about anything and rely on their friends to tell them what to like.  There were a few GOOD upgrades to MW2, NO doubt about that. But there were some very bad choices that hurt it more.  But The XBox people could care less since that is what they are use to, and can get no better.

I'm not saying BC2 is better either.  Just saying, many people flock to some games because their friends say it's good, even before the game is out.

I like the idea of BC2 playstyle, and I really loved MW.

I don't see why some people think this is going to be the MW2 killer.

I don't think BC2 is a MW2 "killer" - there really is no such thing in single-player world, they will both exist and be successful I believe. But MW2 has not sold well on PC. I believe Bad Company 2 PC sales will be much higher than MW2 PC sales, and I'm sure IW would like to have been competitive on all platforms. Then again, maybe not since they made no effort on the PC version.

MW2 sold just fine on the PC. I think it's pretty obvious Battlefield Bad Company 2's sales aren't going to be as good as MW2's sales on the PC. They couldn't even be bothered to release the first on PC, that right there tells you their expectation of this spin off franchise on the PC.

The dedicated servers boycott whiners are just a very small vocal minority, most of which bought the game anyway.

Also Greed, MW2 is not more than spamming grenades and calling in air strikes. If you're only throwing grenades (of which you only have 3 at most with a perk) you're doing something very, very wrong.

Also Greed, MW2 is not more than spamming grenades and calling in air strikes. If you're only throwing grenades (of which you only have 3 at most with a perk) you're doing something very, very wrong.

Noob Tube, Claymore, Grenades, Air Strike, Helicopter, C4, A collection of rocker launchers.

This many explosives in the very tiny maps is pure retardation. So I'm doing it wrong because you disagree?

I repeat, MW is nothing more then spamming nades like a moron in hopes of getting a kill before you yourself are blown to bits by other moron players chucking grenades. oh, I mean using "explosives". 

Originally posted by greed0104

Noob Tube, Claymore, Grenades, Air Strike, Helicopter, C4, A collection of rocker launchers.

This many explosives in the very tiny maps is pure retardation. So I'm doing it wrong because you disagree?

I repeat, MW is nothing more then spamming nades like a moron in hopes of getting a kill before you yourself are blown to bits by other moron players chucking grenades. oh, I mean using "explosives". 

You're clearly trying to portrait an inaccurate view of the game to justify getting Battlefield Bad Company instead.

Very few people use the grenade launcher or rocket launchers because both of them are very inaccurate and it's faster and more effective to just shoot.

Did you seriously just try to imply everyone is running around planting C4 everywhere? 

I have played Call of Duty 4 for a very long time and your describtion is inaccurate. People aren't walking around with rocket launchers and C4 all the time

I can probably count the times I have been killed by either a C4 or a rocket launcher on one hand.

You're clearly trying to portrait an inaccurate view of the game to justify getting Battlefield Bad Company instead.

Very few people use the grenade launcher or rocket launchers because both of them are very inaccurate and it's faster and more effective to just shoot.

Did you seriously just try to imply everyone is running around planting C4 everywhere? 

I listed the possible explosives in the game, most active being grenades, claymore, noob toob, choppers and airstrikes.

"Very few people use the grenade launcher or rocket launchers because both of them are very inaccurate and it's faster and more effective to just shoot."

I guess "you're doing it wrong", see how that works?

I'm not trying to justify BC2. Actually I said If they can "deliver" I will get it. Do you recall that with your selective memory?

I listed the possible explosives in the game, most active being grenades, claymore, noob toob, choppers and airstrikes.

"Very few people use the grenade launcher or rocket launchers because both of them are very inaccurate and it's faster and more effective to just shoot."

I guess "you're doing it wrong", see how that works?

I'm not trying to justify BC2. Actually I said If they can "deliver" I will get it. Do you recall that with your selective memory?

And I just explained to you that the vast majority of the explosives you mentioned are ineffective and aren't used all that often, The only explosive that is used very often is the frag grenade, and you can get a max of 3 of those with a fairly high level perk.

You also clearly are trying to hype Battlefield: Bad Company 2, so your part about if they can deliver is irrelevant.

And I just explained to you that the vast majority of the explosives you mentioned are ineffective and aren't used all that often, The only explosive that is used very often is the frag grenade, and you can get a max of 3 of those with a fairly high level perk.
    You also clearly are trying to hype Battlefield: Bad Company 2, so your part about if they can deliver is irrelevant.

Hahaha, ok...so what are you doing? Hyping MW2?

Do you honestly believe the chopper and Airstrike are not used often? They are always up, chopper down, chopper up, air strike incoming, air strike out, recalled. Players killed in the explosion,respawn and start chucking nades, players select the grenade launcher (which is ABSOLUTELY accurate) get called noobs for using the noob tube, they laff etc etc.

Again I said "I hope they can deliver" as in I have doubts but it looks extremely fun. Stop being a drama queen about me not liking MW2. You can either ignore the thread or continue making false accusations. Either way I don't care, you're making an ass of yourself.

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492

I got to play the BFBC2 beta on the PS3 and I have to say, I enjoyed it immensely. I wasn't very interested in the first Bad Company game, but I think this one is doing it right. Aside from some level glitches and WTFBLOOOOOOM! (Seriously the map looks like it's neon) and a strange knife animation, I think this is should be a really solid shooter. I don't normally like BF games either, BF2142 being the exception.

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

Do you honestly believe the chopper and Airstrike are not used often? They are always up, chopper down, chopper up, air strike incoming, air strike out, recalled. Players killed in the explosion,respawn and start chucking nades, players select the grenade launcher (which is ABSOLUTELY accurate) get called noobs for using the noob tube, they laff etc etc.

Again I said "I hope they can deliver" as in I have doubts but it looks extremely fun. Stop being a drama queen about me not liking MW2. You can either ignore the thread or continue making false accusations. Either way I don't care, you're making an ass of yourself.

I'm not even talking about MW2. Besides, Why would I need to justify it? I'm getting both games.

Chopper and Airstrike are used often, but chopper is not an explosive and an airstrike require 5 kills in a row and can only be used on one spot.

Players aren't constantly using the grenade launcher, because it's inaccurate and it has a heavy penalty. For one, you can't use other attachments, including the Red Dot sight which is used far more often and it has only 2 shots. You also lose access to the first slot of perk, which is the one with 3 frags. It' can only be used on assault rifles.

I'm not being a drama queen, i'm simply correcting your obvious inaccurate describtion of CoD4.

I'm not even talking about MW2. Besides, Why would I need to justify it? I'm getting both games.

Chopper and Airstrike are used often, but chopper is not an explosive and an airstrike require 5 kills in a row and can only be used on one spot.

Players aren't constantly using the grenade launcher, because it's inaccurate and it has a heavy penalty. For one, you can't use other attachments, including the Red Dot sight which is used far more often. You also lose access to the first slot of perk, which is the one with 3 frags. It' can only be used on assault rifles.

I'm not being a drama queen, i'm simply correcting your obvious inaccurate describtion of CoD4.

Nah you're certainly making a big deal out of nothing. I admitted to enjoy CoD2, I did try CoD4 found it absolute rubbish. In my experience it was skill less spam fest, disagree all you want I don't really give a damn.

Btw, if the Grenade Launcher is so damn hard to use WHY call it the "Noob" tube, instead of something like Hardcore Tube? I also remember ranking up a few months ago with the noob tube and being yelled at for using it, being called a noob and that only noobs use that gun etc. I guess they didn't like me using something difficult to use. Eh, anyways, thanks for your description of MW and your obvious fanboism of IW.

It's funny that you call me a fanboy simply because I correct you.

The reason it's called the noob tude is because it's often used by noob players. It's mostly a gun that depends on luck above anything else, so people who really suck at aiming usually get it and hope to get a few kills with it.

People who are even semi serious player usually don't use it because the red dot sight and first perk slot are far more valuable.

It's funny that you call me a fanboy simply because I correct you.
    The reason it's called the noob tude is because it's often used by noob players. It's mostly a gun that depends on luck above anything else, so people who really suck at aiming usually get it and hope to get a few kills with it.

People who are even semi serious player usually don't use it because the red dot sight and first perk slot are far more valuable.

Wow.....I'm not even sure you're serious anymore. Are you even trying?

I called you a fanboy because I made an assumption, like you.

Ok, so the noob tube which is "not accurate" is usually selected by Noobs that are "not accurate"....that makes sense.

You called me a fanboi because you don't like it I'm correcting you.

I'm glad that it finally makes sense to you.

So it's accurate to that was the description you're leaving the grenade launcher with? Excellent.