Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A bad start?

PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506

Is it just me or is this beta so far a bad start? Ive seen some bad open betas but this may take the cake image. So far I havent been able to play. image

Whats with the arrow key movement! Thats old style!

Comments

• Dirk_GentlyDirk_Gently Member Posts: 193

It seems like a typical beta to me. Controls are fairly intuitive (though not wasd) the only problem is the lack of ingame direction but I guess that isn't what we are testing. Read the Beta notes, the main aim at the moment is a stress test, things presumably will change and open up as time progresses.

Press escape and click in the bottom left corner of the screen for the options menu to change the keys.

Why haven't you been able to play?? I got in fine and don't have a great system??

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

• NuclearDraftNuclearDraft Member Posts: 31

Well considering they are giving us a month and a half or so of OB, I am willing to overlook the crazy beta start...it is beta after all.

---War Kills---
    ---Peace Lives---

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

This game could be retail compared to WoWs OB in my opinion ::::05::

• PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506

Well stress testing is fine but give us something to do I mean we dont start with a weapon and I bought a so called pistol from the market and nothing is in my inventory.

All my money is gone now and I dont know how to accept missions, just search for them. Ive got booted out maybe 3 times now because of network and these socket errors. People are dissapearing and doesnt look smooth at all. Cant use anything in apartment and no one knows what to do.

help me out image

• puffdragonpuffdragon Member Posts: 122
    You didnt buy a weapon, you bought a production module. It s a thing that allows you to make a gun if you have the right materials.
  • default-default- Member Posts: 29

He might have bought a gun.. things you buy appear in your storage container, they don't go right to your inventory.

So basically you buy it (and sometmes don't know what you're buying, you can't see any stats in the market screen) -- then try to find your way through the damn city to a storage compartment, then finally pick it up.

Explorer: 80% // Achiever: 53% // Socializer: 33% // Killer: 33%

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

Originally posted by Ponzini

Well stress testing is fine but give us something to do I mean we dont start with a weapon and I bought a so called pistol from the market and nothing is in my inventory.
    All my money is gone now and I dont know how to accept missions, just search for them. Ive got booted out maybe 3 times now because of network and these socket errors. People are dissapearing and doesnt look smooth at all. Cant use anything in apartment and no one knows what to do.
    help me out image

The pistol is in storage, go down to the storage terminals and collect it.  That's all the help I can give you I'm afraid apart from mention that 9mm ammo is on the terminals at 50k so enjoy using the pistol as a club for awhile.

IMO this game sux, sub standard graphics, sub standard gameplay, no tutorial to help new players, more bugs than watergate and let's face it, a pretty limp storyline.  Very 1990's and should have stayed there.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Not a good start for open in my opinion, seemed more typical of a early development beta than the last before release. This game needs some heavy love and should still be in closed beta unless they can get their act together fast.

First Dl corrupted zip file from gamershell. Second DL good. Could not get past char creation had to alt tab and restart machine. Tried again and could not get my char to move even after remapping keys, now I cannot even get back ingame. Will give it another shot tomorrow ..... or this weekend...maybe

Edit I can live with the graphics, not EQII or WoW standards, but the gameplay better improve a heck of a lot and real fast.

I miss DAoC