Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP Server's Pvp Area's?

NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

I'm sure this is such an easy question is the reason why I can't find it on the 'net, wiki's or game guide, but .....

When you are on a Pvp Server, Where does the Pvp area start at?

This is what I mean; Have to get to level 5 for the little pvp short cut tab to kick in.  Now if you are doing the tutorial (beach up to the end of the Gorillia Gate path) you don't see other players so I'm guessing that's a safe zone.

Next area is over the bridge, past the blacksmith and down to the city gate.  On the PvE server I've seen players in this area.  So Pvp open or no?

Pvp in the City?

Around the city? - ruins area, quarry, whitesand beach (that one I know is OK from the forums) etc..... ?

Or do you get a screen alert a la SWG when you go into battlefield area's to alert you?

Basically I'm wondering if I'm talking to the blacksmith about getting my slave shackles off, is someone going to come up and knife me in the back?

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

Comments

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

PvP can happen in any zone outside of a town on a PvP server. Anytime you go into a play field, ie leave the gates and guards of a city, you are then in a PvP zone. Whitesands Isle is the big place for PvP in Tortage, once you move out places like Khosheph Province, Connals Valley, Wild Lands of Zelata and so on are all free for all PvP zones. The only place you are safe is on a rez pad or near guards.

With 1.06 there will be 3 new areas for more arena style pvp.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    Originally posted by Xerith

PvP can happen in any zone outside of a town on a PvP server. Anytime you go into a play field, ie leave the gates and guards of a city, you are then in a PvP zone. Whitesands Isle is the big place for PvP in Tortage, once you move out places like Khosheph Province, Connals Valley, Wild Lands of Zelata and so on are all free for all PvP zones. The only place you are safe is on a rez pad or near guards.
    With 1.06 there will be 3 new areas for more arena style pvp.

This is correct Couldn't have said it any better.

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dances with keira in her bedchanmber)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

OK, I guess the confusing thing for me; never having been on a Pvp server in this environment, is I'll go out the Tortage gate towards the Blacksmith (back towards the tutorial zone side) and the players are just ignoring each other.

I've seen it at the quarry, up towards the small temple and down towards the Ruins.  No guards near any of them.  Maybe the city has a safe range circle around it?  That side's safe?  Or the players are just of the 'I don't care' variety.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

Tortage is special, as only the ares called "Underhalls" and "White Sands" are pvp areas there. Rest is starter zone, newbie friendly. After Tortage its most free for all everywhere (except cities & camps where guards roam)

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

THAT's the answer I was looking for.  Now it all clicks into place.  Thank you very much.