Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

exploding damage

Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

hhonestly i dont know how it would impact game play (thinking of suicide gankers) but how would the community take the addition of ship explosion damage.

a battleship that is being tackled by a frigate happens to explode, that frigate should take a good chunk of damage. it could be a preset amount or it could be depending on the fittings,

they already have explosion damage in the mission "damsel in distress"  so why not put it on exploding ships. in my opinion it would add a pretty cool new feature

"its blowing up!, dmnit we are gonna get caught in the explosion if we dont leave now!"

Comments

• McgreagMcgreag Member UncommonPosts: 495

I think it would be abused to much.
    There is also the question of "realism", what is it inside the ships that explode?

This has always irked me with the Mechwarrior computer games and their exploding mechs. According to the Battletech fluff the chance of the mech engine exploding is non existent. There are ammo explosions but those have little effect on anything other then the mech itself and could only happen on mechs carrying lots of explosive ammo.

"Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason."

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Mcgreag

There is also the question of "realism", what is it inside the ships that explode?
    This has always irked me with the Mechwarrior computer games and their exploding mechs. According to the Battletech fluff the chance of the mech engine exploding is non existent. There are ammo explosions but those have little effect on anything other then the mech itself and could only happen on mechs carrying lots of explosive ammo.

Well a Raven loaded with nuclear-warhead torpedos would make a nice boom.

Or a Rokh full of Antimatter L rounds...

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• jagd1jagd1 Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by Squal'Zell 
    a battleship that is being tackled by a frigate happens to explode, that frigate should take a good chunk of damage. it could be a preset amount or it could be depending on the fittings,

not possible , tip search missile splash damage.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Mcgreag

Abused much? more than self destruct? more than station camping? more than canflipping? since when has CCP not favored piracy in eve, hell game mechanics are wired in such ways to allow grieffeing and theft (thinking of one that you cant kick a corp member if he is space.... in a space flight sim game!) so i highly doubt that they have not included that feature because of abuse.

as for realism? a spaceship with a warp core and thrusters and warp drives and afterburners. i would imagine the jump drives, warp drives and thrusters of a titan would be powerfull enough to take out a solar system. at least a whole planet.  but thats where the game would be fun, a exploding frigate might just scratch the paint of your battleship, but an exploding battleship could take out a weak shuttle or frigate. spaceships arnt mechwarriors, specially not the ones in eve.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    Originally posted by jagd1

Originally posted by Squal'Zell 

not possible , tip search missile splash damage.

i fail to see your point. what does missile splash damage have to do with ship explosion damage.

• Bozo256Bozo256 Member Posts: 74

Doesn't seem good for game balance or fun.  Nobody wants their tackle frig or intie to go boom or get closer to death every time they succeed in their role by pinning someone down to be blown up.

• demented669demented669 Member Posts: 402

they use to have exploding ship do damage but took that out long time ago, way before i started playing but i ask why ships never got damaged when close to a exploding ship and  i got a story of teams of people doing suicide missions on people and concord

just find a old vet and ask them about this in game i am sure they will have a story for ya