Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

6.5 is the true Rating for this game.

2»

Comments

• XeryusXeryus Member Posts: 5

I agree this game rating is too high, but its not a 6.5, its dated graphics is a let down, but when i started playing  it was acceptable. it lacks a story line, its pvp is rather basic as class  there is only 4 classes and no matter how you distribute your skill and stat points the outcome is different but its not massive, so i believe this makes the pvp a bit plain. refining armour and weapons is probly the biggest thing to determine the outcome in pvp, and refine costs real money, yes you can buy and trade in game, but its long slow and with the current game economy next to impossible. ( like most cash shop games about 12 months into the game the greedy players totally screw over the game economy) and PWI is no exception, current ecomony is a joke.

I played the malay version then the international version off and on, i did spend real money on the game, but i have limits for which i cant justify spending large ammounts despite gaming being something i do enjoy. i finished up with a lvl 89 Cleric( pure mag) equipment refined to hell and a lvl 81 veno, rest are between 50-80 i saw pretty much all the game had too offer and as such i think the game is worth having a look at. but i wouldnt approach it with some of the hype it recieves, you will most likely be in for dissapointment.

www.primoled.com.au

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

this game is the epitome of asian item mall grinder.

Same process as all the rest:

super fun and fast level up for the starter levels, followed by exponential grind.  Item mall will ease your grinding pains though.

How many people are at the endgame? Mabey 50? Most of which botted there.

Theres better free games out there than this, and it doesnt even compare to a p2p game, as is the case with most f2p's off the grinder assembly line.

*yawn* which way to the real games?

• vorashuvorashu Member Posts: 20

personally i think this game is a HORRIBLE excuse of a f2p game.  the way the cash shop is implemented into the game its pretty much mandatory unless you are a pure PVE player.  if you are willing to shell out  $20k then sure you will have loads of fun.  f2p games usually have kept a limit on what can be gained by spending real money.  perfect world decided to allow the purchase of equipment which would take the average person 4-5 months to get just by swiping a credit card.  they also went so far as to allow selling of levels by spending real money.  that in itself destroys the dynamic of a game.  i would have quit this game after a week if my GF didnt get addicted to fashion.  finally she let me quit now i only log on about once a week to help her with something then log back off.  my rating for this game is 5/10. 

before all you PW nutriders try to defend your game by saying i must have only played it for a week or whatever this is a list of the characters i have. 

LC

level 97 archer

level 95 veno

level 87 cleric

level 85 blademaster

level 64 barb

level 59 mage

HL

92 veno

67 cleric

64 barb

52 blademaster

• NoobfishNoobfish Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by vorashu

personally i think this game is a HORRIBLE excuse of a f2p game.  the way the cash shop is implemented into the game its pretty much mandatory unless you are a pure PVE player.  if you are willing to shell out  $20k then sure you will have loads of fun.  f2p games usually have kept a limit on what can be gained by spending real money.  perfect world decided to allow the purchase of equipment which would take the average person 4-5 months to get just by swiping a credit card.  they also went so far as to allow selling of levels by spending real money.  that in itself destroys the dynamic of a game.  i would have quit this game after a week if my GF didnt get addicted to fashion.  finally she let me quit now i only log on about once a week to help her with something then log back off.  my rating for this game is 5/10. 
    before all you PW nutriders try to defend your game by saying i must have only played it for a week or whatever this is a list of the characters i have. 

LC
    level 97 archer
    level 95 veno
    level 87 cleric
    level 85 blademaster
    level 64 barb
    level 59 mage

HL
    92 veno
    67 cleric
    64 barb
    52 blademaster

I don't think that you can get to level 97 in a week even if you bot your ass off.

Lets take a quick look at the classes of Perfect World International.

Venomancer is the best class of them all. A super fast PvE grinder that with the right pet owns all the other classes in PvP.

Ranger is the second best class for both PvE and PvP with it's stuns and knockbacks. 95% of the time the mobs will never touch you before they die (if you know what skills to use and when, some kiddies might have problems with this).

Cleric is the third best class. This is the healer class but also good at dishing out damage.

Blademaster is a pretty much failed class that gets owned in PvP by the three above.

Wizard is another failed class. Good damage but weak health and you need to sit on your ass and regain mana far too often.

Barbarian is the most failed class of them all. This is the tank class with a large health pool but dishes out very little damage which tends to make PvE fights last forever with much health drained away and the top three classes owns Barbarians in PvP.

• KnightcryKnightcry Member Posts: 168

I'm more inclined to believe he has them characters than a girlfriend.  BTW there is no way to get that many in a week, hes probably implying that his imaginary girlfriend has them and he had access.....wait that made no sense.  Ah here it is.....he bullshitting about it all.

• NancyMuNancyMu Member Posts: 6

Its a verry good game and Its verry played!

• poshhhmoshhhposhhhmoshhh Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Noobfish

Originally posted by vorashu

LC
    level 97 archer
    level 95 veno
    level 87 cleric
    level 85 blademaster
    level 64 barb
    level 59 mage

HL
    92 veno
    67 cleric
    64 barb
    52 blademaster

I don't think that you can get to level 97 in a week even if you bot your ass off.

Lets take a quick look at the classes of Perfect World International.

Venomancer is the best class of them all. A super fast PvE grinder that with the right pet owns all the other classes in PvP.

Ranger is the second best class for both PvE and PvP with it's stuns and knockbacks. 95% of the time the mobs will never touch you before they die (if you know what skills to use and when, some kiddies might have problems with this).

Cleric is the third best class. This is the healer class but also good at dishing out damage.

Blademaster is a pretty much failed class that gets owned in PvP by the three above.

Wizard is another failed class. Good damage but weak health and you need to sit on your ass and regain mana far too often.

Barbarian is the most failed class of them all. This is the tank class with a large health pool but dishes out very little damage which tends to make PvE fights last forever with much health drained away and the top three classes owns Barbarians in PvP.

Okay let me start out by saying that I agree with the first poster quoted. All good things come to an end. I quit a few weeks ago because I could not stand how money hungry the PWRD company has became. This game has completely hit P2W, just like that...all it took was a one dollar "Anniversay Pack", and the whole game and it's in-game economy are now in shams. I kid you not, there are TONS of people who have dished out 100$+, even 1k$+ for the desirable end game gear that took others hard work and months to obtain. People are leveling from 30-100 in merely 1-2 weeks with plastic. This game is NOT worth it anymore unless you've gone too far and can't go back. I probably wont go back tbh.

To the person who quoted second..please, I am refraining myself from calling you a moron. He OBVIOUSLY SAID TO VALIDIFY HIS ARGUMENT..THAT HE IN FACT DID NOT PLAY FOR A WEEK. He is implying that he HAS played the game for awhile to achieve those levels. That's still a lot, regardless, I know some PW fanatics...I'm not surprised.

Lastly, Venos are only good if they spend the money for the legendary pets...PERIOD (thats 100-200$). Archers are the best PVP class thats true, but your analysis of the other classes are very shallow and insignificant. A charmed barb is essential for FVF, and nearly impossible to take down unless ganked. Blademasters 9x+ rape if they know what they are doing; if they get you stun-locked, you are done. Clerics are...well..mehh clerics....can either go PVP or PVE....who cares. Mages are complete rape end game...in Lost City, we have end game mages pulling 10-30k crits on end game barbs.

So yeah, over all, this game isn't BAD, it's fun if you like PvP (PvE is repeatative and boring in this game), but having fun PvPing means reaching high level status, AND, that doesn't matter right now..unless...you want to drop some $_$.

[end rant]

P.S. I had a lvl 89 sage/arcane Venomancer (w/ a nix) on Lost City if you are that curious. Now buzz off >.<.

• NancyMuNancyMu Member Posts: 6

is a varry played game. Its so fun!!! but all of the misions are to kill monsters . 

• vorashuvorashu Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Knightcry

I'm more inclined to believe he has them characters than a girlfriend.  BTW there is no way to get that many in a week, hes probably implying that his imaginary girlfriend has them and he had access.....wait that made no sense.  Ah here it is.....he bullshitting about it all.

i guess reading comprehension is not your strong suit.  go read again slower this time.  played for over a year.  i could have added in the characters of my IRL wife and that would have almost doubled the list.  we enjoy playing online games and so far she hasnt totally given up on PW.  she agrees that the game is a joke but is still not willing to give up on a game she has put so much time into yet.  while she wastes time doing dailies and flying 6 world quests a day and pretty much doing nothing else i am now jumping from game to game looking for something new that is worth playing.  it really drives me nuts when she starts whining trying to get me to go back on and play with her because she doesnt enjoy playing without me yet she still wastes so much time on there. 

To be honest I just replied to his and didn't read yours over.  I don't really care either way.  We all have a spot fo stupidity and it just so happens I win them rolls a bunch.

This game is becoming a cash milking machine. They have spent their time designing new items and selling them rather than developing real events and content. 

• robby5403robby5403 Member Posts: 368

Played it also for a al year after starting in the CB. I would give it a 6 max...TO MUCH GRIND!!!

• GavelaydeGavelayde Member Posts: 62

I don't care what anyone else has said about this game but the originator of this thread... I think u were very generous at 6.5...This game is "BORING!!!" Absolutely boring! Grinding is bad enough...but the quests just add to the bordom...linear and very aesoteric...Like finding out u have to spend the next 3 months at grandmas house celebrating Christmas...:P

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Experienced MMO gamers don't give a shit about game rankings.

• JarnaJarna Member Posts: 75

True, it's mostly grindng when ur 60+ =(

• MorgantheronMorgantheron Member UncommonPosts: 8

I do not usually post on this forum because I just read and use the game list. However, I have Played PWI since beta and LIKE all MMOs with a high level cap, yes there will be grinding. There has been a lot of added content such as at level 40 you open the Bounty Hunter Quests, at level 60 you have the public quests. If you can jump from level 40 to 100 in one day it kind of makes you loose interest in any game.

I do not look at ratings for games because if I went with them I would miss out on a lot of interesting games.

So what this comes down to is opinions and game play styles.

I personally do not care for games that I do not have to work to obtain levels and gear.

However, this is my play style and my opinion.

Heaven's Tear

RT_Deviance = Assassin Level 56

RoughTongue = Barbarian Level 81

SaraWildhart = Venomancer Level 73

http://www.DevianceFm.com

He must really hate this game now because 40-100 is nothing if you had bought your levels via oracles. Pay to win.

• glasshummerglasshummer Member Posts: 12

I played this game untill it said the region my IP is from is banned. not me or my account, my region. I didnt care to mess with it anymore (maybe not necessarily their fault).

Before that though the game did feel VERY grindy. I spent a lot of time doing quests of "kills this many of this thing". I dont remember what level I got to but if Im feeling the grind Im not gonna play. A MMO shouldnt make me grind. honestly having fun at all levels should be the point. it seems this is always lost on korean games and PWI seems to have followed suit for some reason.

Id rather fewer fun levels then 100 boring ass grinding levels. wouldnt you? or are you not here to play a game and instead think there's some kind of leprechaun at the end of the grind?

My wife still plays and its rather funny to watch her and the people I knew grind day in and day out only to go through instances to die once and lose hours worth of work if they dont have dolls/scrolls.  It would be a decent game if they had no allowed bought levels and has some more end game material. Territory wars are neat the first few times but after a while the running down straight paths A B and C just to kill a crystal, just gets old. To have wars like that you need L2 style of castles with breakable walls and stuff imo.