Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zeyphr, Wormholes and more! Good time to re-enter Eve?

IshiwadedeIshiwadede Member Posts: 11

I am a novice player debating returning to Eve online. I am still by far a beginner - when I left I was still determining what I wanted to do with my time and had resulted to picking the ravaged bones of other ships through salvaging. Still, it was quite a fun experience. This was roughly a year and a half to two years ago, and it seems in my absence the Universe in Eve has undergone some changes.

I got an e-mail stating that if I return I get a bit of free play time, a free ship (I was only up to cruiser status) and reduced rate for the first month. Winter break is underway, and I have a bit of free time.

Is it a good time to re-enter Eve online and tackle that learning curve once more?

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

As good a time as any. Hi-sec wont be that different from what you're used to, but wormhole space will be.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Its a great time to re-enter EVE. lots going on and plenty of opportunities to be had out there. One word of caution on the Zephyr, remember it s one time gift which is easily destroyed. There are groups out there trying to take down as many of these ships as possible, declaring them KOS, driving up the value and rarity. Just be extra cautious when using it.

And before anyone asks, no I still have mine safely tucked away for now.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Yes, between the free Zeyphr and the new scanning tutorial, players seem to think CCP wants them to explore wormhole space.

We who already live there aren't nearly so 'thrilled" so we've been prosecuting those who decide to come see "what's out there"

We've had more kills this past week than in the past  month.

But by all means, welcome back to EVE.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Yes, between the free Zeyphr and the new scanning tutorial, players seem to think CCP wants them to explore wormhole space.
    We who already live there aren't nearly so 'thrilled" so we've been prosecuting those who decide to come see "what's out there"

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I just bought the game over the weekend, and I am totally stoked.  If you didn't like the tutorial system in the past (I hated it), the new starter tutorials are freaking awesome for helping you get your head around the game.  This was always the killer for me.  The new player content before made the game seem REALLY boring and slow.

See you in the game!

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Well, this sounds like a real turn off.  So are all the wormholes full of players already?  I think they should collapse at random, leaving all the people in them like 400 jumps out in the middle of nowhere space.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• Bozo256Bozo256 Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by MindTrigger 

Well, this sounds like a real turn off.  So are all the wormholes full of players already?  I think they should collapse at random, leaving all the people in them like 400 jumps out in the middle of nowhere space.

I'd say about 15% of WHs I find between the hours of 1:00-3:00 GMT have someone active inside them (active meaning simply online, some are just afk at pos or doing stuff at pos).  The majority of WHs seem to me to be uninhabited.

• NasirJNasirJ Member UncommonPosts: 164

I wouldn't worry so much, quite a bit of the WH's I encounter from my WH generator are empty and the ones with actual pos and players in it are really bad pvpers. There is no local and as long as you keep moving while you scan you are fairly safe. Learn to use directional and you will survive longer then not.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Personally, I don't think WH space would be nearly as fun without the people who live there and defend the space. Having to survive the attacks of real players is always much more exciting than those of NPC's, even when the results are less than enjoyable. It's one of the things that keeps the game fresh and alive IMHO.

Also, it isn't hard at all to find WH's that aren't populated so it's really up to the player to decide what they want. It is however almost impossible to solo WH space even if it is unpopulated, and once you get past level 2 WH's it really is impossible.

• HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282

Just a sidenote.

Zephyrs are Kill On Site.

Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
    Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
    Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online