Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alganon Trial Server System Live: Try before you buy.

Tork001Tork001 Member Posts: 28

I just wanted to pop in and let all of you fine folks here on the MMORPG.com forums know that we've just launched the Alganon Trial Server System. All that is required to try out Alganon now is a MyAlganon.com account.

I hope those of you who may have been considering trying Alganon will take the chance.

Current MyAlganon.com users can simply update their clients (if they had previously had one installed) or sign into MyAlganon.com and select "Download" and follow the instructions.

Those who don't have a MyAlganon account or want to learn more can use this link: http://alganon.com/trial

As a long time lurker here at the MMORPG.com Alganon forum section I must say the debate is never boring. We've done what we can to lower the barriers to who would like to see what Alganon is all about. Reading a post or seeing a screenshot can only teach you so much. Actually playing a game gives you much more information.

Cheers, -Tork, Alganon Community Manager

Comments

• DoomReaperDoomReaper Member UncommonPosts: 143

Smells like free to play. Only difference is that characters older than 30 days *might* be deleted but that won't matter cuz you can level to 50 in two weeks. Some people did it in one.

I cancelled my sub in the first week cuz the game was so terrible and support didn't help. Least now I can play for free when the game eventually becomes playable and find out if support will improve.

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659

Interesting concept. It does not win me over, but many will be tempted to at least try the game.

--
    Delanor

• HolgranthHolgranth Member Posts: 380
    Originally posted by parrotpholk

To soon for this and will hurt the game even more. I am not sure if you live in a closet but the reviews by players arent exactly glowing. 

The only thing glowing right now is David Allen's backside.

Dem hibbies! Dey be wrong!

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

As a former beta-tester, I just received an email notification of this Trial Server launching. Or, should I say, this "TRAIL Server," since in another fine example of Alganon's QA systems, the email was sent with a spelling mistake in the subject line.

I lol'd.

• TheDarzinTheDarzin Member Posts: 219

One step closer to F2P with Cash Shop. Can you smell what the Rock is cooking?

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I agree with the above poster, i think f2p is gonna be here faster than what i expected (6 or so months), first the price cut, then bad patches and bugs leading to people unsubscribing, and now this. Also what's up with this soft launch thing? Nothing like that was mentioned before release and now there saying blah blah isnt happening because we're still in soft launch, could anyone please elaborate what it means?

• DanubusDanubus Member Posts: 169

I wonder if anyone can even log into the game. Back in beta half the folks couldn't even log into game to test it.

• SminchewSminchew Member Posts: 10

Logins appear to be working fine now.  Havent really seen anyone complaining about them.  Only issue that I'm currently having with the game is that when they fixed the enemies rubberbanding now they just teleport to your location sometimes.  Not a biggie but still rather annoying.