Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IS anyone going to play it?????

2»

Comments

• wrathofallwrathofall Member Posts: 16
    I will check it out.

imagewww.darkandlight.com

• NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 9

The koncept of Mourning seems quite innovative to me. No "leveling threadmill", no "uber-chars", complex economical and political system, et c. Most probably i will play it.

Greetz

• NeoklisNeoklis Member Posts: 42
    I followed this game for about a year now, when it still used to be called Realms Of Torment. It's unique, "perma death" doesnt have to be perma if you invest time in a child, just like in EVE if u invest in a clone.... read up more guys.

• natanaw6natanaw6 Member Posts: 18
    I havent heard much of this game, but it doesnt look all that good to me, I dont think I'm trying it

-------natanaw6-------

-------Phillies Phan-------

• notalentnotalent Member Posts: 123
    got it pre-ordered image

• YippeeYippee Member Posts: 18
    I will play this game when it is released. The community seems to be falling apart or fading away daily the devs seem nuts and seems like the game is stagnent. But I will play this game because it sounds awsomely different. Not better not worse but Different. If your like me you have also "tried" every title possible, 10-15-20 different mmo's in last several years, they all keep ya going for awhile but always turn out to be very much the same deal just packaged different (kinda like shoes, open 20 shoe boxes in a shoe store and they all may be very different but essentially they all go on your feet) Mourning seems to be actually Different. (sorta like being barefoot...LOL)image

• MaxDamage100MaxDamage100 Member Posts: 16

Although I like shoes I will give this game try ;))

This ideas are great and I hope they won't have to cancel it because people a crying for their will-be-dead characters before they ever played it! You know this? Maximum leveled character and sitting around somewhere chatting with other maximum leveled characters? Boooring! You died several thousand times and now you are bored? What the hell... wouldn't it be better you died somewhere and now there is still something left to do? :)

• angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

I will certainly give this a try.  But I will also be trying Wish and D&L.  Mourning will have some tough competition for my subscription dollars. 

Perma-death doesn't bother me at all and death from aging is a wonderful idea.  I get tired of my characters before I get tired of the games I play.  Aging and blood-lines may be an elegant solution.

• dantufydantufy Member Posts: 20

I see that many ppl wanna play this game but no orgs have been created.maybe we will organise ourselfs to play this game together.Stiill is a mmorpg in what the best way to feel the game is to get in a org..So boys and girls lets make some orgs.and some aliances.::::01::...

• ArislanArislan Member Posts: 43

I will give it a try. At least play it for a month.

The only hting is that I hope the community wont be Lineage2 like....
    I hope I will find a nice group or guild there.

• MorriganMorrigan Member Posts: 242

I am pre-ordered. Many new games out or coming out, but this one captivated me with bloodlines etc. Cannot wait to experience something different :)

www.darthmyr.com

One player's great game is another players derisive snort!

http://www.darthmyr.com for free guild forums

Ok definitely pre-ordered and wanting to try this out :)

However, their official forums and how the devs respond leave a lot to be desired. Their attitude alone almost made me cancel my preorder lol

www.darthmyr.com

• DugrayDugray Member Posts: 4

Not gonna happen. Saving my money for Middle Earth online even tho I know it'll be a while.

• CeticarrCeticarr Member Posts: 236
    Well, I think I'll have a look at it, but I'll most probably stay with WoW.

See me in the headlines
    Manipulate your simple minds
    So put your hands up and praise
    I'm your god and you're my slave

Of my vessel
    I marvel at the stars
    And feel my heart overflow

• IlluminatoIlluminato Member Posts: 10

Hopefully they make it, not like wish.. :(

Release date is close.. no news.. kinda get anxious :)

lots of info if you travel to the Mourning forums from Mourning.

www.darthmyr.com

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Permadeath sounds scare but interesting in the same time. I read a bit up onb it and it seems like they wont make it possible that PK'ers run into noob zone and go killl all lower levels. If they get a good system going so you can't just end everyones hard earned avatar for fun it will be great.

In some MMORPG's it ridiculous. You run up to a mob that is probably to hard but hey you jsut try it. Then you revive and try again in a level or 2.

Permadeath will make ppl think about it twice before they attack something wich can be a good thing.

I'll definatly buy Mourning. If it will be the game i'll stick with i can't tell until i have tried it myself.

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

The FAQ on permadeath is different.  You die from old age.  You can only die during certain quests and other events.  So unless there is some change I do not know about, permadeth won't be hapening from people attacking a mob and loosing.  This I think is a very smart choice because no game will survice if people loose their fav character because of a lag spike. 

Old age is what I worry about on this game.  500 hours is only like 8 days of constant play.  Given that on many games I log in to talk to people or do something like crafting, I would not want that to count towards my death.  This means in 3-6 months you will have characters dying of old age.  It is cool with the bloodlines and all, but at the same time this worries me.  I think some people will find this really cool and play this game until it is cancelled, others will think it is great until they loose 2-3 of their favortie characters, and others will totally be put off by the idea.

If they are aiming for only about 50,000 people I think they will exceede their expectations.  On the other hand if they are expecting a huge hit say 200,000 then they are going to be very disapointed. 

It is more like 22 days of playing 24/7, now granted I have staying power when playing a game, but not that much :)

The thought of a character I put so much in to dies from old age scares me too, but at same time I have a chance to create another char that will inherit some skills and a chance to develop and even more dynamic one :)

I find this a rather exciting thought! But as said, 2 or 3 deaths and perhaps I won't find it as exciting then :) only time will tell!

www.darthmyr.com

• minearminear Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by Morrigan
    It is more like 22 days of playing 24/7, now granted I have staying power when playing a game, but not that much :)The thought of a character I put so much in to dies from old age scares me too, but at same time I have a chance to create another char that will inherit some skills and a chance to develop and even more dynamic one :)I find this a rather exciting thought! But as said, 2 or 3 deaths and perhaps I won't find it as exciting then :) only time will tell!__________________________
    Mourning, not for the feint of heart
    www.realmsofkrel.comOne player's great game is another players derisive snort!
    www.darthmyr.com

Well se thats the thing you die after 500 hours of old age yet your child advances to the skill lvl of your old char very rapidly then you advance farther and so on. So in all reality each death from old age is another step towards a toon who will own anyone!

If sharing my all knowing wisdom offends you I apologize........kinda!

If sharing my all knowing wisdom offends you I apologize........kinda!

• triptronictriptronic Member UncommonPosts: 84

If u have no life 500hrs of gameplay will go pretty fast, but i say it will take a little time for my char to die from old age im not worried about it.

even at 4 hours a night, would take me a while, so not too worried. Will wait till 2 or third time rolls around lol.

www.darthmyr.com

• AstrumAstrum Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Annekynn
    Well I applied for the beta, but 'features' like perma death completely put me off. Whereas games like WoW give you multiple choices upon death, and DnL puts you in npc mode if you go link dead so you continue to fight, mourning is putting in perma death. There is no worse way of getting people to NOT play your game.

A mind is like a parachute. it works best when OPEN

Permadeath is not bad. the best characters in game will be those who HAVE suffered permadeath. in fact, it will be impossible to achieve the highest ranks in the game without dying multiple times permanently. making a statement that says that an idea is horrible before it is tested is like saying you dont like bananas because they are yellow.

Astrum Argentum