Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My opinion of Risk Your Life after Open Beta

Frankly speaking, after playing mmorpgs like Lineage2, RYL seems to be a little off. However, the leveling part of RYL seems to be much better than Lineage 2 and other MMOs out there. RYL had many disadvantages rather than advantages when being compared to other MMOs. Let me tell you why...

Firstly, the graphics, it's really terrible. Secondly, the monsters, they start to look the same after you've killed them. (Even the names is repeated). Thirdly, it's laggy. Whenever the Akkan meets the Humans, it's one hell of a LAG. However, the economy is still alright, you can find decent objects and gain decent gold findings.. but nonetheless, RYL will need more new stuff added in to be a more worthy MMO. The only part that i like most of RYL is the GANG BANG in the arena where you get endless slaughter of Akkans and Humans. Other than that, it's really not worth putting my money on it monthly basis.

I would like to know what other people think about RYL and would love to discuss it further. Cheers.

Comments

• emdtemdt Member Posts: 325
    oh dont forget about its bugs!!!!

small isnt it?

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

• guiltyoneguiltyone Member UncommonPosts: 103

I believe the idea of its bugs is actually be brough to life several times over at this point; however, I think the idea of this post was to actually say what people fully thought of the game rather then simply complain about being a part of something that is still testing. You know, when you test you fix the bugs, and you test to find the bugs, so if BETA is testing then yes, there are still bugs. Please read the post in full before simply complaining about the same thing over and over again.

There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is simply a matter of organization. If there is such a thing as angels I hope they are aligned along the lines of the mafia.

Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work done.
    Linus Torvalds

• ozgamerzozgamerz Member Posts: 138

Wow, such profound response that i've ever heard from a forum poster. I sincerely think that RYL still needs many developments if it were to be a better MMORPG. When being compared for a p2p mmorpg, this is one of the game that I wouldn't put my money on. The controls, however it's commendable.. heheheh it's so easy to use.. same as counter-strike movements.. the rest.. please.. R.I.P .... cheers and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2005

• he4v3nhe4v3n Member Posts: 1
    First of all i think RYL is a great game compared to other mmorpg:s Tho u are ritght about some things like LAG!
    Anyways talking about how laggy the pvp system is? Well Ryl crushes all other mmorp....
    i have tryed abt 10 mmorpg and 9 of them i HAD to walk around by clickin with my mouse?
    OMG!!! there is no feeling in a game wich u have to run around by clicking with ur mouse -.-"
    So here i am waiting for Ryl UI.... still i think ur very wrong by saying RYL has to many bugs,lag,LAG,LAG,LAG so wat? its the best game ive ever played after WoW image

So try it again .... u might get stuck ;)
  • BenjarroBenjarro Member Posts: 206

this game is great.

because you can walk with the wasd buttons it makes the game a lot more fun

and you saw the graphics on IU? way better then lineage II

but its a hard game and becomes fun at lvl30+

now the IU beta is comming out this week and its even better but its still in closed beta

you can locate the game at http://www.ryl2.com.my and http://www.ryl2.net

the websites are still under construction as i type this reply but just have a look when its done one of these days.

Originally posted by Benjarro
    this game is great.
    because you can walk with the wasd buttons it makes the game a lot more fun
    and you saw the graphics on IU? way better then lineage II
    but its a hard game and becomes fun at lvl30+
    now the IU beta is comming out this week and its even better but its still in closed beta
    you can locate the game at http://www.ryl2.com.my and http://www.ryl2.net
    the websites are still under construction as i type this reply but just have a look when its done one of these days.

man, compare to lineage2 graphics, ryl is no where near that man. please, i've played the game and it's really dull in colour. Even the grass isn't green enough to make it look good. And please, lineage2 uses unreal engine which is one of the most superior graphics out there. trust me, even with ryl2, it's still .... no.1 from the bottom.

you should try ryl2 ;)

+ the gameplay is mutch better just believe me

Originally posted by Benjarro
    you should try ryl2 ;)
    + the gameplay is mutch better just believe me

well, when i have my spare time after enjoying lineage2 chronicles 2, then i might consider it. However, by the time i'm over with chronicle 2, chronicle 3 is out and hence, no more time for ryl2. Come on, ryl is just a nother B grade mmorpg. It's just getting some hypes just because the Koreans are the makers of this game. Take a look at Fungwan, a malaysian made game, it was awesome when you haven't played any other mmorpg. I was enlightened when i played it but then after exposure of other mmorpgs, i know what is good and what is bad. PERIOD

well then go to lineage forums

cyaimage

• Cyb3rWarriorCyb3rWarrior Member Posts: 10

I can't even get ingame, so all I have to say is they need to work on the user interface a bit :::^(::

• CarraraCarrara Member UncommonPosts: 111

Hello All,

RYL v1220 is pretty stable with a few minor bugs.

I'm confused! How does L2 compare? I played L2 for a long time, and overal I didn't see much there compared to the RYL beta! There isn't much about L2 that I like other than they used the UW2.0 3D Engine to build on.

RYL is alot of fun right now. I don't much like the intro quests, but the rest of the action and combat is awesome. Good controls and great combos make this game a winner for me.

I'm excited to discover more about the game and get into the PvP action.

Carrara

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    What is there to do in RYL? LOL! Only fight? In Lineage 2 there are a ton of things! Castle Seiges, Boss monsters, Dragons, Monster Races, Lotteries, Manor System, Guilds(Amazing guild system), etc.! Lineage 2 > RYL. No offense.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

Originally posted by Greatness
    What is there to do in RYL? LOL! Only fight? In Lineage 2 there are a ton of things! Castle Seiges, Boss monsters, Dragons, Monster Races, Lotteries, Manor System, Guilds(Amazing guild system), etc.! Lineage 2 > RYL. No offense.

I totally agree with you 110%. In RYL, the way you pk is just enter to the 3rd island or 2nd island for both human n akkan. Not to mention the stupidity of the arena, man.. those arena is just for high levels. All they do is just hog the tower and gain points to redeems other stuff that will help them to imbue their items better. Not to say that's not important, but rather it's a little dull with the limitations of quests, variety in the monster boss, and the items as well. After a while, you are just lvling to see who is the strongest. EG: a lvl 90+ will own 10 lvl 60+, unlike in other mmorpgs, this isn't the case. Anyway, enough said. This game has many limitations and boy, don't ever talk about the graphics compared to UNreal engine. it's like comparing a nintendo 64 with gamecube. LOL or Ps1 and Ps2.

Cheers man... this game is good for killing time whilst waiting for other better mmorpgs.. but then again, it's timed out and better games such as GUILD WARS will be out soon... 

• TomeczekTomeczek Member Posts: 1
    RYL is greate. I really enjoy playing it. Two things that was bad in RYL was only few quests ( killing monsters all the time was sometimes boring) and no places that you could enter ( caves, dungeons ) Rest was fantastic. Graphic, huge world, nice monsters...image

Originally posted by Tomeczek
    RYL is greate. I really enjoy playing it. Two things that was bad in RYL was only few quests ( killing monsters all the time was sometimes boring) and no places that you could enter ( caves, dungeons ) Rest was fantastic. Graphic, huge world, nice monsters...image

I agree with you totally and that's why it sucks. How can a game that was designed with so many limitations? graphics isn't great, stop pretending that it's good. It's just running on some 3d engine and with all the pixels it's just making the look like a HUGE Blob. Not that great at all.image
  • Dark-$ageDark-$age Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by ozgamerz

Originally posted by Tomeczek

I agree with you totally and that's why it sucks. How can a game that was designed with so many limitations? graphics isn't great, stop pretending that it's good. It's just running on some 3d engine and with all the pixels it's just making the look like a HUGE Blob. Not that great at all.image

Play ryl: path of the emperor, it's way better than ryl1, ill admit that the servers are a bit unstable but it's a whole lot of fun.

Originally posted by Dark-$age
    Originally posted by ozgamerz
    Originally posted by Tomeczek RYL is greate. I really enjoy playing it. Two things that was bad in RYL was only few quests ( killing monsters all the time was sometimes boring) and no places that you could enter ( caves, dungeons ) Rest was fantastic. Graphic, huge world, nice monsters...image I agree with you totally and that's why it sucks. How can a game that was designed with so many limitations? graphics isn't great, stop pretending that it's good. It's just running on some 3d engine and with all the pixels it's just making the look like a HUGE Blob. Not that great at all.imagePlay ryl: path of the emperor, it's way better than ryl1, ill admit that the servers are a bit unstable but it's a whole lot of fun.

when is path of the emperor out? isn't out for p2p straight or there will be some beta? until i see for myself, my verdict for RYL will remain the same

your basically too late, it's still in open beta but only for a few more days

go to www.ryl.net if u still wanna play tho

• -Vampyre--Vampyre- Member Posts: 13

Hello, I am GM-Vampire. I personally love RYL compared to any other MMO out there. Why is this? Well mainly the community. You cannot find a great community in any other MMO. I've played this game since the CiB (Maylasian) version was in Closed Beta and the community begins to grow on you. I've had friends that stuck with me playing this game forever.

I too used to be a beta hopper until I poped into this Beta, it grew on me and I havent left it since. There is something about RYL that just keeps you playing, maybe you get fustrated sometimes about certain things going on but still something keeps you playing it. Some of you have played the game for a very short time and "attempted" to make judgements according to that, but you know what, you cant judge something you've played for such a short time. Risk your Life: Path of the Emperor is a awesome change to the Risk your life environment.

The whole guild thing fits in with the pvp aspects of the game perfectly. Alot of you say 'there is no story" well, there is. Even so, this is a Player versus player based MMORPG, most gamers are busy killing others for fame and what not to pay attention to any story anyway. I know alot of you are disappointed because RYL:PotE is going pay to play soon, but, every MMORPG goes pay to play eventually (I know someone will say look at guild wars, but if you look at guild wars game support.. there you have it.. none what so ever).

Anyway, alot of changes will be made as the game crosses over into the retail, if you dont want to stick with it and see for yourself, that is your complete loss. Everyone else will be talking about RYL while you are missing out. Lots of things are going to be going down soon, gotta stick with it to find out !

-GM-Vampire

• dvdgoddvdgod Member Posts: 6
    It is still open beta Sheesh no game is perfect straight away

Originally posted by dvdgod
    It is still open beta Sheesh no game is perfect straight away

Sorry, if a game that isn't good.. even open beta or full retail version it's still ain't good.

• MalicusMalicus Member Posts: 307

http://mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/524/loadthread/34783/setstart/1/loadclass/182Yeah

This game is terrible..check this thread to see some reasons why ..and if you still dont believe go to forums at ryl.net and that will definately convince you. .look under their "awesome" events especially

• sphinxersphinxer Member Posts: 53

yeah... hmmm... you keep talking about how they overprice for P2P... I do believe I helped you with your math in that topic. PWG has shown outstanding support, they even extended Open beta because of the complaints that were coming in. Yeah... they are so in it just for money.::::12::

I must admit ryl:pote, even tho a good game isn't the best, the reason i stay with pwg is bcoz of the community, we are all very supportive of each other and this reflects in pwg's staff members as well, you have to remember that they are ordinary people as well like you and me and not expect the world from them.

• dvdgoddvdgod Member Posts: 6

No game is perfect as i already said POTE has bugs still YES i agree it has but hasnt all games even retail £29.99 (i am in UK) games like WoW have bugs when they r release on an unsuspecting public. The main dif in my eyes is that this game is FREE yes FREE no need to buy a retail package. Ok so u have to P2P eventually thats fine to me the developers need to make money somehow. What annoys me more than a game with bugs is a game like WoW where u have to pay for the game not a small amount but a typical RRP for a new game adn then u have to P2P with no alternatives.

I have come to the conclusion that the people who r moaning about POTE going P2P are those that want everything in life for free well i am sorry but that is only in some sad lonley fantasy world and in the real world u get nohting for free forever.

Dark sage is right the community attmosphere is fantastic PWG support us gamers every step of the way. They not only listen to players and fix bugs but they also maintain a good playing enviroment inside the game.

If you generally dont like the game because the graphics are rubbish according to you and the gameplay is linear then fine no problems that is your perogative but stop flaming the game because of that, that isa  personel opinion not a justified reason for just saying teh game is rubbish.

Well there ya go POTE not the best game in the world but it is a great sart that can only get better with age.