Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Permabanned...

124»

Comments

• rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

The senior GM reviewed my case.

I have been UNBANNED

with a apology and free game time added.

• felorefelore Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by rubydragon5

Im amazed at how many people dont read half the posts and come to there own assumptions.
    The facts:

1. CCP perma banned me accusing me of being involved in a hacking of a account because I was given a free item.
    2. I showed chatlogs proving I was innocent and the hacked player was giving items to a lot of people in Jita.
    3. GM said I am probably innocent from the hacking situation BUT the perma ban remains because I was perma banned in past.
    (4.) Last time I was perma banned the GM told me I was allowed to return to the game on a new account as long as I obeyed the EULA.
    Its like being someone with a criminal history that served there time but when the shit hits the fan, they get punished even when not wrong because of past issues.

Also im wondering if this may of been a blessing in disguise, since I have been banned, my entire house is cleaner, I am making all my dr appointments, and my anxiety has been way down.

you probably set up that chatlog by making those free giveaway statements in order to make it look like it was someone else ...then where you responded to yourself and took the stuff off the hacked account....you had it setup so nice and pretty with a bow on top....who in their right mind would waste their time to hack an account only to give it away freely for fun.....well i say..only a person who wants to make the transfer of the items legit ...but your not so smart linking your last perma ban to the new account...

• ChlodwigChlodwig Member Posts: 150

You are damn lucky.

Please try not to read a flame into this, but ... I think you have nobody but yourself to blame.

Nobody hands out BPOs worth a few 100m, even if they quit. Everyone that has that kind of BPOs usually also has a corp where he can put them, just in case he ever decides to come back. A corp that would be royally PISSED if he didn't park those BPOs with them and would certainly make his life not too pleasant if he decides to not hand them back.

Next time, hand the guy handing out free BPOs a few million. Just so you can claim you bought it in good faith and had no idea that it's worth a bit more. Trust me on that one. ;)

• pauldriverpauldriver Member Posts: 198

I'm not going to speculate on whether or not you are the guilty party. Gratz, welcome back and if you were to blame I hope you've learned your lesson. EVE is only going to be getting better and personally I'd hate to not be able to play.

EDIT: Fucking spelling again. Grrrrrrr

Jam is sticky.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by Envy661

Ruby, I am on your side here. While you could have not accepted the fishy looking item, and avoided the whole situation to begin with, you are only human, and it is human nature to be greedy and accept free things. It was just you being human. I hope you get your account back, because if you haven't done anything illegal, then you shouldn't be harmed because of it.

BTW, what is the EULA? Yes, I am still a noob, but I am sure it is another set of rules that I will never read. I never break rules anyway, so I am not THAT worried.

Oh, so if someone sells you a brand new cadillac on the street for the price of $100.

It turns out it was stolen. And when you arrive home the next day. The police comes to impound it.

You can answer or dispute these question and statements to me.

1. You will get your payed money back?

2. You will get to keep the car?

3. If you have a criminal record, you will not be suspected for dealing with stolen goods.

4. They will believe you when you say, "-$100 seemed to be reasonable for that car"...

He was banned from a game for breaking the rules, and he knew it.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• cretinbobcretinbob Member Posts: 21

Looks like there has been a huge security breach in Eve. I just got a password reset request the other day, even though I haven't played the game (as a trial) in like...5 years.

I reported this to them and they were very prompt and courteous in their response , but something looks bad for them right now.

• pauldriverpauldriver Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by cretinbob

Looks like there has been a huge security breach in Eve. I just got a password reset request the other day, even though I haven't played the game (as a trial) in like...5 years.
    I reported this to them and they were very prompt and courteous in their response , but something looks bad for them right now.

Sounds like a scam email to be honest. I do not know anyone who has got it.

Jam is sticky.

• LuckyRLuckyR Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Originally posted by rubydragon5

I have never been treated so poorly by any business before in my life, to accuse someone of guilt with nearly no evidence and have to prove im innocent.
    In the USA at least its the reverse, your innocent until proven guilty.

Hmmm, they caught you red handed and you still do not see the proof? Just relax and let them check the chat logs and you will be fine if you did nothing wrong. Harrassing them with petitions is not going to help you any, st back, relax, have beer.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by pauldriver

Agreed its likely you either got a Phishing Email or CCP has asked everyone to change there password because of one.

Its impossable to tell which tho as you dont quote the Email at all.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Originally posted by HYPERI0N

Originally posted by pauldriver

Agreed its likely you either got a Phishing Email or CCP has asked everyone to change there password because of one.

Its impossable to tell which tho as you dont quote the Email at all.

Undoubtedly a phishing email. CCP isn't doing any mass password changes.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

The fact they gave you free game time as a goodwill gesture indicates the GM that banned you didn't do his job very well.

• MushroomusMushroomus Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by Orphes

Ruby, I am on your side here. While you could have not accepted the fishy looking item, and avoided the whole situation to begin with, you are only human, and it is human nature to be greedy and accept free things. It was just you being human. I hope you get your account back, because if you haven't done anything illegal, then you shouldn't be harmed because of it.

BTW, what is the EULA? Yes, I am still a noob, but I am sure it is another set of rules that I will never read. I never break rules anyway, so I am not THAT worried.

Oh, so if someone sells you a brand new cadillac on the street for the price of $100.

It turns out it was stolen. And when you arrive home the next day. The police comes to impound it.

3. If you have a criminal record, you will not be suspected for dealing with stolen goods.

4. They will believe you when you say, "-$100 seemed to be reasonable for that car"...

Wow ummmm.... are you retarded? Its a game, not real life. Who the hell would buy a cadillac for 100$. were not that stupid. Now in a game if someone says theyll give you free stuff, yeah you accept it, no questions asked

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Mushroomus

Originally posted by Orphes

Wow ummmm.... are you retarded? Its a game, not real life. Who the hell would buy a cadillac for 100$. were not that stupid. Now in a game if someone says theyll give you free stuff, yeah you accept it, no questions asked

Maybe in other games, but not in EVE.  You question everyone's motives, and verify what's happening is legit, or you risk facing unpleasant consequences.

But glad to hear they got you reinstated OP, even if they were a bit slow about it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon