Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google "hacks"

brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783

I'm trying to find a way to use google to search an individual website for hidden files and or programs (viruses, etc). We're not talking anything illegal here, I'm just having an issue with a few sites that like to slide scripts and viruses into the code of the site itself, and I'd like to be able to narrow down my options here. If you can help, I'd aprpeciate it.

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

"Hacking" google would be like hacking ebay or microsoft.com. Try advanced search.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783

people call it hacking, but it's not really hacking :P advanced search pulled up nothing.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

You can't do it because even if the site is listed on google they have security code which means if you use the search engine, although you can get access to the site by searching the name, confidential files on the site are hidden so you cannot "google" them.

About a month ago people did not properly do this and if you typed in a certain list of code you'd get access to a whole bunch of private webcams that weren't supposed to be available for the public . So the day I was doing it I could see banks and stuff It was pretty cool, until they fixed it.

But to answer your question you'd have to hack the actual site to even remotley come close to searching for hidden files.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783

Well, you see. One website I want to check (and not for viruses) is yugioh-online.net as they hid the download for the program, so I'm thinking they got the patch hidden on there too. My cousin suggested "hacking" google to search the entire site, but if it's not possible, what else could I do to check what files they have? I already tried an FTP client, but to no avail.